AMD Link appreciation

>streaming is not futur...
Based AMD single handedly proves how streaming will the future.

Pic related, running AC:O on max at 720p 60fps on low end 3 year old phone.

Attached: 221042.png (1280x720, 1.52M)

you're not running it on the phone retard

>nvidia
4k streaming to a 65+ inch screen
>amd
streaming to a phone lmao

>that control setting
I can guarantee you everyone who tries to play like this will feel so miserable that he will kill himself, so no matter how good the technology may be, it has no future.

You can use $20 controller or xbox controller and these on screen controls will go away.

>having to carry more peripherals in public

I also can use a proper screen instead of a phone screen and then what is the point of this tech at all?

>shield with 4k streaming
>having to buy over $100 hardware for streaming meanwhile AMD is giving it for free with just a driver release.
You can stream 8k on AMD if you have the hardware for it.
Just side load mobile app on your android box/android TV and stream.

I'll try that, I have a Mi Box here.

You can't carry a proper screen around

you can plug into a proper screen when you get where you are going

and here, a nice small 8 bit controller, if you cant fit it in a pocket or store it away somewhere, you have FAR bigger issues.

This is streamed via wifi, streaming to long distance will have horrible latency.

I can hardly understand how people can basically use a phone only to do their media consumption (video, music, reading) but gaming? Why are these people so obsessed with putting everything on a tiny ass screen?

if i'm out, i'm not playing video games. that's what a house is for. get a house you absolute bum.

>tiny screen
Ipad nowadays is 10 inch or more.
Just connect a controller and play in your comfy bed instead of couch or chair.
If you have android TV/box then side load AMD link app and make your 65inch TV your console with PC graphics.
All you need is good wifi and cheap ass controller.
Nvidia sells it's shield for $200 which is basically same thing and many people buy it.

Beds are decisively uncomfy for lounging around for hours because they're designed to lay flat in and sleep.

>streaming
Just fuck off

to be fair the shield is still the best media box outside of a htpc.
>that codec support
>that brute power, can literally host a plex server with transcoding if you want
>still getting constant software feature updates 3 years later

> What is moonlight?

Im all for competition, but nvidia has amd beat by about 3 years on this.

Steam in-home streaming is available on all android tv boxes and phones including the mi box and nvidia shield tv anyway.

How does AMD link compare to SteamLink?

Ive used both steam in home streaming and nvidia gamestream, and nvidias solution has always delivered the best quality at lowest latency. Steams implementation of nvidias encoding is not ideal.

Ya it sucks that nvidia only offically supports proprietary streaming, but thank you based cameron gutman for making moonlight and supporting it since its inception.

lol we spend years trying to get rid of input lag and increase fps and then suddenly they push this garbage.

It'll be great for the soccer mom gamers who make up the majority of free2play now.

>hud takes up 80%of the screen

quality gaming experience

Fuck, since I do know some of you are dumb as fuck, some of you aint...
So, I gotta ask, you do know the difference between streamin' and runin'?

Because, you can stream whatever , wherever as long as you got good enough GPU and bandwith to display(no matter what it may be).

But, then, if you get it, are you really ready to give up all your gaems as stream services..?
You do know there will be repercussions, dont you?
First, it will greatly influence design of games to hide obvious lag that will always exist.
Second, forget about owning anything and having influence on anything if you gonna have some 6.5" 8K you gonna put in your Google Cardboard and play all them VR streamed games while you work...

Oh boy do I love the input lag of 100ms.

I don't that you can stream outside your wifi. Even cheap modem will give you less than 30ms inside your home.

>playing in bed on an ipad
>comfy
you're a joke.

I'm more interested in Relive VR. Has anyone tried it yet? My phone isn't daydream approved so I can't test it. How does it compare with a paid solution like TrinusVR or vorp?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 198K)

Your lying, no streaming service does this unless they downscale and even then you still have horrible input DELAY

Reminder that AAA gaming has been in a freefall for the last 6 months.
Reminder that photorealistic graphics are boring.
Reminder that all important games run even on Intel iGPUs.

>touch screen control
>gane
>comfy
Pick two

What is comfy for you faggot.

Having sex in bed

That doesn't look like Assassin's Creed Origins

>low end 3 year old phone

why does that matter? its streaming

Literally never experienced that.

I couldn't get it to connect even with manually opening the port in windows firewall

RED BAD
GREEN GOOD

Attached: 1538770348655.png (374x253, 32K)

Attached: gaymd.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Fuck game streaming. Blocky compressed shit shit with 500ms input lag and hanging and audio stutter.

Attached: 6JEEAar.jpg (741x960, 70K)

I don't have the hardware to test it myself, but I read an article which said the latency was supposedly not really noticeable and that it worked well, as long as your WiFi could handle it. The problem is that even if it works well, most SteamVR games need motion controls and you're not getting those, obviously. There's not going to be much which you can play compared to a proper PC VR setup, so this is something just to fuck around with if you already have a capable PC and for some reason bought phone/independent VR instead.

You can apparently get very decent latency streaming from AWS, at least if you live close to a datacenter. (Pic related is from 2015.)
This thread isn't about streaming services, though. It's about AMD's very late answer to Nvidia GameStream.

Attached: 1536554552320.jpg (464x149, 41K)