Other urls found in this thread:

developer.puri.sm/Librem5/FAQ.html
web.archive.org/web/20181018204435/https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Define outdated look

>Gnome
To the trash

That's a phat chin.
I'm not on the Librem hype train; what're the attractions when you can just flash an open source ROM without Google services to a cheap older phone?

Yeah design is hit like every other open source/free software project

First step. If they growed, they might leverage open drivers. Plus hardware switches and stuff.
If I were well off financially, I would buy it. Alas...

The phone is expensive because it isn't mass produced, there are also no competitors and software development for a single device isn't cheap either.

There is KDE one too.
/thread

That is Jow Forums for you, they all use xiaomi chinese botnet phones.

Pocophone

>looks outdated
you're retarded. It looks much better than 2018 flagships. Do you want a fucking notch or something?

>people falling for the memebrem 5
kek

What cell phone carrier respects my privacy though?

It's a gnu/linux phone which fully free hardware components (free firmware), that's why it's expensive. Since it's gnu/linux you can run any desktop environment you want on it and any applications.

They do also show specifications, the hardware design is free (as in freedom), they have it on gitlab and they have all information on their dev page.

They are also improving firmware to work better with the phone and making software/libraries to make software work better on phone. I'm also going to modify gtk/qt to make all existing applications mobile friendly.

>more like librem 5.7

They have end-to-end encryption for calls

>i would buy it
They've delayed this thing how many times? You might not be disapointed in not buying it once people actually get a hold of it

Fuckhuge bezels. Screen-to-body ratio is a major factor when considering a smartphone.

>no physical keyboard
>no stylus
Dropped

Maybe for you. I don't give a crap and at least the display is rectangular.

I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't got a 4 digit price tag. How are they even able to keep that price this low?

desu the icons look like an original iPhone.

Link to specs pls

They removed specs from the site
3GB RAM and 32GB storage was planned, here's the CPU and screen: developer.puri.sm/Librem5/FAQ.html
4.2BT, mSD, 3.5mm port, USB C. Don't remember the rest, you can dig it from archives.
It's not bad, but specs/$ is. Still, you're not getting any spyware out of the box like you do with every other single device. And in order to remove spyware from other devices you need to do A LOT of manual work.

Found it
>web.archive.org/web/20181018204435/https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/
Operating system PureOS
Battery life TBD
Processor i.MX 8M
Display 5.7"
Graphics GC7000Lite
Memory 3GB
Storage TBD
Chassis Black
Webcam Front: TBD, Rear: TBD
Dimensions TBD
Weight TBD
Wireless TBD
Radio hardware killswitch Yes
Mic and cam killswitches Yes
Audio port 1 headphone/line output jack
USB ports 1 USB 3.0 Port
Touch interface Touchscreen

I sincerely hope your being ironic here

>gnome phone

Attached: p73xlvm2clm01.jpg (359x478, 31K)

it's a phone that replaces a laptop. i'd like to buy one, but i can't afford it yet.
it'd be worth it just to not have to take one more thing out at the airport.

There are 2 other linux/kde phones in the making, and the one of pinr64 is exñected to cost 100~150$.
There is no use for the librem anymore

gnome is trash on desktops but i liked it on mobile