You have no reason to use windows unless you game

You have no reason to use windows unless you game.
>unstable
>easy to get infected
>bloat
>telemetry
>forced updates
Change my mind

Attached: B07B9DB6-2D39-4FEB-B254-EA0D0E0F570D.jpg (641x642, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/352922/
piratebays.be/torrent/22941368/Windows_10_Enterprise_2016_LTSB_x64_v5_lite_(ivankehayov)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unstable
False
>easy to get infected
Compared to what? If you run around downloading dodgy/untrusted binaries, no OS is safe.
>bloat
I disagree, also LTS(B,C) is a thing.
>telemetry
Mine is set to minimum/secutity level, but yes, this is your only valid complaint.
>forced updates
Can be delayed, it also helps with herd immunity (reducing infections) and if you are retarded enough not to want them, you can move to a slower branch, ~4 months on SAC or unmoving LTS, or turn updates off altogether.

>get forced update
>breaks your shit
>m$ knows this and users report this
>still forced to do update
Your move yugi

Attached: EAC7FD50-0F46-4D59-82F6-F51FD965D24B.jpg (633x635, 134K)

Windows 7 isn't too bad
Windows 10 though... I find it completely unusable
Windows 7 with the XP GUI would be peak windows imo

But I do game. Otherwise I would switch to Linux.

Attached: 1543620238997.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Buy a PS4 for gaming. It runs a BSD OS.

I have a PS4 but I prefer PC gaming.

PC is only superior in reaction based games like multiplayer shooters such as CS:GO, which runs on Linux.

This is not true.

I'm building a PC. I tried to install Windows 7, but ran into some drivers issues.
First, I needed a PS/2 mouse to use the installer.
Then it wouldn't recognize my external USB BR/DVD/CD drive, even though the fucking BIOS booted from it.
I did some googling and apparently Ryzen doesn't even work with anything less than Windows 10.

Ended up buying W10 because I don't actually have a legit key for W7 and the one I do have is from 2011 and probably doesn't work any more. Sigh.

I always forget that Windows requires all of this manual driver bullshit. I am so glad I just use GNU now.

>delay update
>by the time you get the update, it's fixed
If you are a fucking luddite running your PC on autopilot you deserve to be fucked over repeatedly.

PC is superior for everything since it supports all kinds of controllers and is simply more powerful.

You have no reason to use linCoC unless you're a leftist.

Also it runs games from all previous generations of everything.

>get new laptop from workplace
>it's an Acer
>it's preinstalled with all the company software on windows fucking 10
If you are a NEET you have freedom of choice. If you actually earn money, your choices are made for you by your place of employment.

My workplace gave me a Mac. Not bad, much better than Windows. I have never seen anyone use Windows in my workplace.

The tools I'd use for work aren't even available for Linux though. It's not just games, sure there are cheap alternatives but that doesn't fly as a professional at all.

If the entire frontend software infrastructure of the company runs on windows you can have a truckload of macs given to you, you still have to use fucking windows.

Just installed arch in place of windows on my work computer. Use latex instead of word if they want a .docx the pdf can be opened in word with no issue. Put my exchange email on mutt.

If you’re not entry level they give you freedom to do what you need to

>If the entire frontend software infrastructure of the company runs on windows you can have a truckload of macs given to you, you still have to use fucking windows.
What kind of job are you doing?

I said company software, not huge tit secretary working the coffee machine and the bosses dick between typing some shit in word type of basic fucking employment scenario.

Fuck it's like I'm not even on Jow Forums.

I have multiple tasks, but all boil down to customer support and some back-office work that is much more than just running your favorite flavor of office suite. You register every single case in a form that's a software written for windows, that's where the codemonkeys take over. Then there are the CAT (computer assisted translation) tools that cost several thousand euros also only for Windows.

>work for large company
>LDAP integration, infosec rules
>federal laws dictate network requirements because fintech/defense/healthcare
>reports and Office products must look the same for all users without formatting issues
>don't have time to fuck around configuring shit or reformatting every document you touch
There's a reason Windows has owned the business market for decades.

all software you would actually want to use works on windows, unlike linux

>You have no reason to use windows unless you game.
you are right, I want to jump the fuck out because I like Linux better
>>unstable
not true, haven't seen a bluescreen since 10 released, only did full installs when I made mayor hardware changes
>>easy to get infected
true, but nowadays most shit happen on the browser and you can fuck up even while using your phone
>>bloat
true, there's way too much shit that only normies use, you can find better alternatives for all the stuff (ie:::::::::, Cortana/Search you can replace it with Everything)
>>telemetry
this is the big fuck up but my desktop has the host file pointing all that shit to nowhere and my home network is actively blocking all windows versions telemetry shit
>>forced updates
never had problems but yes, this is retarded, now I get that's how a normie needs it to be since they are incapable of mainteining a computer
>Change my mind
why? this was a pointless thread, you were looking validation on your choice and you think you need someone else to give it to you. Do whatever the fuck you want, nobody cares and you should not care what are others doing with their lives

>Unstable
Can't remember the last time I bluescreened and it wasn't my fault
>Easy to get infected*
*If you're retarded
>Bloat
Valid point, but it can be mostly removed with tweaks. Or just use LTSB.
>Telemetry
Valid, but if you're not retarded it should be on the lowest level
>Forced updates
Have been a Windows Insider in the fast ring for a month now, almost all the issues you hear about only affect a very small amount of users.

>unstable
true but pretty stable if you don't download a fuck ton of third party drivers and play buggy games. has been way worse back in the pre-win7 days
>easy to get infected
yes but it's been way worse
>bloat
just buy a better computer/components.
>telemetry
inexcusable. this is why windows is terrible for anyone that stands for a free world.
>forced updates
most people wouldn't update if it weren't for this, causing it to be easier to get infected

all in all fuck windows because it is literally spyware. but it is ok for the common man who just plays vidya and uses office software. it does fill its niche in the world.

if you care about your freedom (not gnu/freedom) and privacy, use either linux or macos. even then macos is less secure but still has access to commercial software which is required for lots of jobs today.

I use Windows because I:
-Don't feel like spending literally thousands of pounds on a machine to use a particular environment
-Would rather spend my time doing useful things rather than fight with my OS or ricing the shit out of my DE because muh aesthetic
In the words of Jensen "My personality is a leather jacket" Huang: "It just works"

My workplace is giving me a Dell with Ubuntu on it. Just gotta ask nice :-^)

My workplace has a contract with Acer and uses Windows only software. It's not about asking nice, it's about cutting deals.

>>>unstable
>not true, haven't seen a bluescreen since 10 released
I started using Windows 10 for work a few months ago. Since then I and a coworker have both had a bluescreen, and another one has had two. Mine was while I was in the middle of editing a text file and not doing anything at all complicated or demanding

>>>forced updates
>never had problems
I've never had it force update while I was in the middle of working (something about being on an enterprise domain), but I have many times needed to reboot to fix some Windows glitch and then had to wait half an hour because there were updates pending and they auto-install on the next reboot

>reports and Office products must look the same for all users without formatting issues
>don't have time to fuck around configuring shit or reformatting every document you touch

You’re thinking of a PDF and they’re not exclusive to windows.

Word docs change not only between OS but also between office release.
Even if you force everyone in your office to use a shit os doesn’t mean you can assume everyone’s else is using it. Might as well use a free word processor at that point then or just use PDFs.

No one’s forcing you rice your shit it works fine out-of-the-box but if you want the added customizability you have it. And if you’re worried anout spending to much time setting everything up with unix you just do it once then send all your dot files to github or whatever and anytime you on a new computer clone them to you $HOME. Completely setup to your liking, exactly like your other computers, in less than a minute.

A ReactOS that isn't shit would be peak Windows.

But can i mod Skyrim vr on the PS4?

>Even if you force everyone in your office to use a shit os doesn’t mean you can assume everyone’s else is using it.
>what are internal company documents
>what is document-centric management
I'm not saying it's not a house of shit, but you've clearly never worked in an old-school Microsoft-fucked enterprise environment.

wrong

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-15_21-03-38.png (1366x768, 771K)

There was absolutely no reason to use Windows for gaming ever since DXVK was introduced.

>Can't remember the last time I bluescreened and it wasn't my fault
No kernel panics in 5 years of running Linux
>Valid point, but it can be mostly removed with tweaks. Or just use LTSB.
I don't have to do that because I run Linux
>Valid, but if you're not retarded it should be on the lowest level
I don't have to do that because I run Linux
>Have been a Windows Insider in the fast ring for a month now, almost all the issues you hear about only affect a very small amount of users.
I don't have forced updates because I run Linux

Hardware that isn't supported by Linux like my Focusrite Scarlet Solo and Yiynova tablet, Adobe software like After Effects and Animate, Swivel to render SWF files, Ableton Live, everything is easier to pirate for Windows. There's just too much shit that I use that I don't want to jump through hoops to get it to work on Linux.

Awful fucking thread, why do I even visit this board

fuck off console gaming is trash

I like visual studio IDE.

>YOU HAVE NO REASON

Attached: the Expression of other audience for final project 1 – Lulu.jpg (500x375, 22K)

I game on linux with Steam Play.

Holy fuck the amount of Windows Defender programs running around this thread is disgusting.

Attached: Richard_Stallman.jpg (800x533, 51K)

>unstable
Far more stable than Linux in my experience, at least as far as desktop use goes.
>easy to get infected
And Linux isn't?
>bloat
Yeah, that KDE is really minimalistic
>telemetry
I'm not worried about it, I'm not doing any illegal shit
>forced updates
That's a good thing. Would you prefer all those normies out there have unpatched systems?

Also, OP, consider the following:
- visual fucking studio
- fl fucking studio
- propellerhead fucking reason
- adobe fucking photoshop
- autodesk fucking autocad

Linux isn't a desktop system, and whoever uses it as a desktop system is hell bent on torturing himself

>unstable
had explorer crash on me more times than i can remember,
>easy to get infected
i pay all of my os's the same amount of attention and care. my windows install got infected within a month of use, my linux install is running exactly like it did a year ago.
>bloat
my windows install takes 5 miuntes to properly initialize. my linux install boots up in a minute (mind you, both os run on the same hdd in different partitions)
>telemetry
>can be removed
good luck completely removing telementry from an os you can't even reverse engineer properly.
>forced updates
desu your argument on windows updates is decent. but windows isn't the only thing that is constantly bitching about updates. on linux, a whole system-wide update, that includes every piece of software you have installed is one command/click away. on windows, you have to update every program seperately, which is a pain in the ass.

One word
Wine

Yeah because I really enjoy spending my days fighting bugs that don't exist on actual target OSs

>Change my mind
Windows 10 ltsc.

Why can’t everyone just use what they like and not be bothered by someone who uses something else. All software is shit and there is no ethical consumption.

>unstable

stopped reading there. At work, in uni and at home stability is never a problem with windows.

Everything after Windows XP is shit.

emulation overhead

he hate the tomate

It is not an emulator and there is no overhead.
It's a reimplementation of several windows libraries.

being tech illiterate is a good reason

Windows 7 doesn't have those problems. Except maybe bloat.

I always forget that Jow Forums is chock full of sack-of-shit Windows-haters.
howtogeek.com/352922/

>unstable
Not my install.
>easy to get infected
Never happens with my habits.
>bloat
Turned off/deleted on my machine.
>telemetry
Doesn't affect performance on my machine.
>forced updates
Turned off on my machine.

you have no reason to use linux unless you do might as well do literally all your "computing" on a phone

I have a riced partition on my laptop and desktop, but I never use it
I've found it's orders of magnitude easier just to use windows for day to day tasks, and that using my riced arch-i3 install is just wasting my time and gimping my ability to get work done.
also, emacs and cygwin patch up most of the weak points of windows (for me at least)

Attached: 1541566348145.jpg (750x886, 42K)

>>unstable
i use piratebays.be/torrent/22941368/Windows_10_Enterprise_2016_LTSB_x64_v5_lite_(ivankehayov) its stable and only like 800 mbs
>>easy to get infected
user is at fault for intalling dumb shit
>>bloat
not boated at all
>>telemetry
removed
>>forced updates
windows key + r gpedit to change it or idk use the lite version
>Change my mind
no

Attached: ᠎☀️᠎᠎.png (512x512, 130K)

>i use piratebays.be/torrent/22941368/Windows_10_Enterprise_2016_LTSB_x64_v5_lite_(ivankehayov) its stable
>v5_lite_(ivankehayov)
What a generous man you are! I'm sure you're making a random dude in Russia very happy with all the crypto you're mining for him.

can you prove it?

>bloat
>telemetry
>forced updates
Winblows 10 problems.

>my desktop has the host file pointing all that shit to nowhere and my home network is actively blocking all windows versions telemetry shit
Is this real and does it solve the issue?

Look, user, I'm sorry for shitposting at you.
What kind of line of work are you in that requires Windows specific programs? It's a known trouble in many fields, and IT, HR, and HQ aren't happy with any sort of change. Even if you asked for a linux machine and to run those on wine, you might and up voiding the support contract or ToS or stupid shit like that.
One of the best solutions is to find viable replacements and approach someone with an offer. But it's hard, and will take time.

>riced ... just wasting my time and gimping my ability to get work done
I'd argue what's gimping your productivity is the rice, not the OS. It's like a woman, she might look nice, but not be good for much.
I'm using stock KDE openPepe and I much rather work on it than windows or mac, and I had the opportunity to work on both.

Attached: 1420100070807.png (425x251, 197K)

I had a dream that I let someone use my laptop for 10 minutes and they installed every malware and virus under the sun.
Weird since I don't have any windows laptops.

I'm working at a cross-border project management company. Not only am I translating some of the internal communiqué between project partners, I'm also writing and translating some of the project material (budget regroupings, reports, etc.). SDL Trados is the industry standard when it comes to CAT tools, and all of us have to use that same software, because we have to use the same database.

And like another user said above, we don't have the time to fuck around with configuring shit and reformatting documents, EVERY document has to look the SAME for everyone without formatting issues and that's just not happening between Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, etc. and their alternatives every single time.

>unstable
not 4 me :^)
>bloat
Can be removed
>telemetry
Can be disabled
>forced updates
Disable the windows update service
>easy to get infected
If you're a dumbass and run totallynotavirus.msi, sure.

I believe there is actually an XP theme on deviantart for Windows 7.

You can rice with workflow optimization in mind. I use a very small bar and a tiling wm to optimize available real estate on my laptop, not having to use unneeded 16px-20px titlebars for every app really helps. Although I actually work with the shell and need to use CLI applications on the regular, so my use case is fairly specific and a tiling wm helps out quite a bit. It's definitely not for the regular user who still uses their mouse to browse the internet.

Why even take the risk? What did he streamline out anyways?

This.
Not the person you're replying to, but literally every industrial automation development software runs only on windows. And pretty much every factory nowadays relies on Windows PCs running some sort of SCADA.

omg, what a retard
even microsoft moved to linux on azure

>it just werks
>if you run it on autopilot you deserve to be fucked over

10/10

Yet another faggot forgets about plenty of must have propertiary software used in other fields than IT.

emu10kx chip is the only reason i use windows. it cannot be programmed in linux.

Where do people keep getting this shit? They run a modified Core OS on Hyper-V for most of their shit. Some aspects, such as most of their networking does run Linux though.

there's only two people who I know give a shit what others use for their OS, and they're both the worst engineers in the team and full-mode autists

Also IDEs for PLC or robot programming are Windows-only.

Get a fucking job.

>False
>I disagree
>muh relativity
the absolute state of wintoddlers, Stockholm syndrome