I3wm pretty god

i3wm is pretty comfy but the comfiest thing every is XFCE4 session with i3 wm its the ultra comfinnest i love it and you should to :)

Attached: replace.png (1920x1080, 484K)

>its another "everyones needs are the same as my needs therefore i can project my requirements onto you" episode

update your kernel

I don't like switching because I feel like everything meets my needs.

Moved from Arch to Gentoo for meme's sake. I love Gentoo now.

Moved from Vim to Emacs because I started reading about RMS and he seemed like a nice guy. I love emacs now. (Honestly I could get used to vim.)

Moved from i3 to bspwm because muh autism makes me want to test everything.
i3 and bspwm feel the same thing but for some reason I didn't come back to i3.

call me a retard idgaf

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

what, i have latest stable version

yeah, even comfier when you ditch XFCEbloat

same here,
was using arch but didnt feel like making it for my needs so gentoo was looking better for me, but i have never even thought about trying emacs, vim is awesome i am still learning it tho and i know these wms, fluxbox awesomewm openbox and so on, but i love this i3 config file and the pre-made shortcuts
i love it

The ONE thing that bothered me the most in vim was having to hit escape everytime to get out of insert mode. I know that there's also people who don't like emacs because you gotta use Ctrl and Alt for every single task out of insert mode (I don't think there's a way to exit insert mode in emacs btw).

or instead of Esc

I started my Linux journey with Slackware many years ago. Switched to Arch. Tried Gentoo. Gentoo is superior in theory but compile times rendered by usage time of getting things done. Switched back to Arch. Used Manjaro for awhile. Now back to Arch.

I almost switched to Debian but it's just comfy having a community repository with most of GitHub and GitLab being capable of installing and updating via a single command, instead of having to manually add each link in Debian.

4.14.88 is out

I3 gaps is the best. To break up shit for eye relief and aesthetics.

Literally everybody benefits from organization and optimization. You can have multiple pages are desktops with full screen i3 too. Your comment is literally worthless.

you're supposed to use it in tabbed mode

intresting i don't see it, even after emerge --sync
are you fucking with me ?
only update is this for me

Attached: replace.png (532x145, 15K)

Why would I care about the underlying DE when I use i3wm?

secret protip: You can change the keybinds in your ~/.vimrc file

Attached: here.png (838x492, 83K)

Literally what's the point of a tiling window manager? How is it any better than any other traditional WM?

Use Sway faggot, it's 2018.

Just get rid of shitty xfce and set up i3 properly.

Emacs is bloated you retard.

You can arrange all your windows in a neat way which satisfies your autism using only a couple keystrokes.

basically this, but its better to be using only keyboard, its faster and practical, you know its not for autism

It's not.

.83 is the latest stable gentoo patched kernel availabe. If you want portage to keep you on the latest 4.14.* kernel instead then add
=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.14* ~amd64
to your package.keywords file (once first 4.19.* gets stabilized portage will update to that and you can bumb your keyword to 4.19* as well)