Mom can barely operate the laptop to browse the net

>mom can barely operate the laptop to browse the net
>wants me to teach her to download movies
>make an attempt

The absolute fucking horror and sheer stupidity. It's impossible, it's fucking impossible.
God, fucking boomers, why are they like this. I hope I never turn into this with age.

Attached: icecream.png (242x237, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sebgl/htpc-download-box
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just buy her netflix

just install popcorn time

Dude, at least she wants to. That's pretty dank for a boomer.

I have a variant of github.com/sebgl/htpc-download-box running on my dad's Synology NAS. I thought him how to browse to sonarr/radarr and add movies/series he likes. He watches them on plex via chromecast

Boomers as a generation are just spoiled and stupid. I'm Gen Z and I've never had an issue with a computer that I couldn't solve or figure out. Why? Because I can Google shit and read the fucking manual. Boomers don't seem to grasp that Google is basically a way of indexing the most vast library of human knowledge to ever exist. They also don't grasp the concept of key words or how the algorithms work in general, so when they do a search they talk to like it's their cat. No amount of training or education can teach these fools what common sense is.

Attached: 1538653473468.jpg (1080x1075, 1.23M)

i pay for Netflix and have my Plex server set up for remote access for my family so I don't have to do this shit. I only use my Netflix sub once a year for Black Mirror, but it's worth paying $11/month just to not have to deal with this shit.

Wow, I remember being 14, but even then I wasn't this stupid and edgy.
Go change oil in your mother's car

>you're edgy if you don't want to enable people for being useless, selfish pieces of shit that expect everything to be handed to them with zero effort
Sort your mommy issues out with a therapist

>Black Mirror is so good! It is too real sometimes!

i fucking hate old people lads i swear to god
i hope i i die before becoming senile and stupid

Attached: 142123234312.jpg (657x527, 30K)

Only retarded normies with dunning-kruger thinks this.

black mirror is literally astroturfed "too deep for you maaaaan" marketed towards plebbit niggers

Most of the older Jow Forumss don't even use smart-phones or tablets. Yes, you will become that. Much quicker than the rest of the population. It's not ineptness, but stubbornness that causes it.

i want to chuck my nigger tech phone out the window tbqh famalam
it's not because i don't understand it though
it's just retarded needless nigger tech
the only reason i still haven't done that yet is because i have a remote mouse app on it that let's me control my desktop

Attached: yotsusnap.jpg (458x662, 112K)

You've already become a grampa, I see.

Boomers don't see it as a failing, you know. They take pride in not understanding this stuff. Back in my day you got your movies from a store and the world was better off for it.

>You've already become a grampa, I see.
it's not because i'm dumb and senile though
it's just fucking useless nigger/zoomer tech
i don't want to know about what some fucking whore does on instajew
also touch screens were a mistake
analogue is 6 gorillion times better
t.zoomer

Don't teach her OP, never teach these kind of people anything.
She will tell all her boomer friends who will eventually chicken out and shit up everything again with the FBI or some other glowing niggers, like they always do.

just fuck her user what are you waiting for

And 50 years later when you're asking your grandson, wait that's not realistic, your grand nephew how to order pizza on the hollophone and only listening to 5% of what he says because you think hollophones are bullshit, I'm sure they'll be real impressed that it's pride keeping you from learning rather than incompetence.

>grandson, wait that's not realistic, your grand nephew
rude
please apologize to me right now
>hollophones are bullshit, I'm sure they'll be real impressed that it's pride keeping you from learning rather than incompetence.
i'll get like 5 of those phones with the buttons right now and keep em till i die
the day i start using nigger tech is the day i'd want to kill myself

People in general are fucking stupid, not just boomers. You get used to it.

>Back in my day you got your movies from a store and the world was better off for it.
>implying it wasn't

In 50 years we will all be dead, slaves to the kikes or rebuild our civilization with our bare hands.

When you're 60 and failing to understand the basics of nuclear computing while the young generation are harnessing its power to play games you'll understand too.

>is bothered by mom wanting help
>tells others to sort their mommy issues out

Attached: 1536818794803.jpg (252x249, 22K)

Millennials are even worse with computers.
What is their excuse?

Attached: 1237 - hsIpMCN.png (385x452, 68K)

Attached: snapepe.jpg (250x202, 7K)

cute umbrella

My mother is the same except she just tells me what movies to download for her because I'm "good with using a VPN and not getting caught"

Attached: 1541018870677.jpg (755x768, 114K)

>mother downloads bunch of stupid shit like a "pdf editor" and a "explorer replacer"
>blames me when her 200$ walmart shitbox from 2007 running windows 10 stops functioning
>storms into my room, demands access to my keyboard, mashes random shit, gets frustrated and demands I open task manager
>ctrl+shift+del
>she starts randomly closing programs and processes
>sees a list of svchost.exe
>freaks out and starts screaming, storms out of the room
>claims I'm "pulling viruses onto the network" with my video games and youtube viewing
moved out the next week. My father regularly pirates movies after I showed him how to do it once ten years ago and has never gotten a single issue. It seems to be gender based.

Attached: THOTDestroyer.jpg (750x745, 121K)

>dad is pretty knowledgeable with computers, we had a computer with redhat on it in the late 90's
>mom is an absolute dunce with computers, still calls me sometimes saying she has a virus (it always turns out to be some intrusive popup ad that has to be killed from the task manager), asks me questions like how to transfer her dog pictures onto a usb drive.
Why are dads so based?

>Dude, at least she wants to. That's pretty dank for a boomer.
You don't understand. Just because someone wants to doesn't mean they can.
You could teach her how to use IRC and download shit via XDCC. Make sure you disable chat logging since that shit can take up space if it's a big channel.

inb4 >XD

Deepin + Popcorn time

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20181216031425.png (1600x900, 1.51M)

She's not wrong, Windows is malware.

>get into priv trackers
>build ratio/buffer
>download everything to vor BIG NAS at home
>install samba
>have a clearly folder naming sceme so she finds what she wants
>Mount network storage at her winsuck

Yeah sure I'll teach my fucking mom to use IRC and XDCC I'm sure she'll get it right away be right back

>I hope I never turn into this with age.
But you most certainly will. By the time you're that age, new technology has surpassed our current technology.
Coupled with not being able to learn as fast as you do now.

Or your mom is just tech illiterate. It happens.

Actually this.

But how would you get the movies on a TV?
Ive just shared my plex library, and logged into the parentsTV.
I download most of the common movies so its good so far.

Thoughts?

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

He typed while sitting in mummies and daddies house.

This, I'm surprised they can breathe. People older than me know fuck-all about tech, people younger than me know fuck-all about tech, people same age as me know fuck-all about tech, we've always been an exception.

True, its some weird entitlement thing, and now they are flooding your comment with outdated memes in a attempt, always so sensitive.

Attached: Christmas Tree Holiday Print from Original Watercolor 8 x 10.jpg (1200x1500, 421K)

>>wants me to teach her to download movies
>>make an attempt
>he doesn't make scripts that automatically download the movies for her

Just bookmark a good tracker and make chrome download to the desktop, then drag-and-drop from the desktop into whatever torrent manager shes using.
Make the tech just as dumb as the people using it.

fpbp

Who is this cute girl? :3

Stop being such an entitled little shit. This is the woman who taught you how to take a shit, how to eat, how to wash your hands, helped you read and write and allowed you to get to where you fucking are now you thick skulled fuck.
Show a little bit of fucking patience, she's just interested in something you show an interest in.

>Stop being such an entitled little shit. This is the woman who taught you how to take a shit, how to eat, how to wash your hands, helped you read and write and allowed you to get to where you fucking are now you thick skulled fuck.
Show a little bit of fucking patience, she's just interested in something you show an interest in.

Attached: boomer (1).jpg (250x229, 8K)

Maybe you guys just don't have very smart parents because both my dad and mom are perfectly fine with computers.

I have the most computer illiterate parent in the world who bought a "Kodi" stick a while ago, just do that, impossible to fuck that up, if you couldn't think that up yourself OP you're a retard

>the day i start using nigger tech is the day i'd want to kill myself
That day cannot come soon enough DESU

Exact same situation here.
>mom and dad get first computer at the same time (mid-late 90's)
>dad learns how to do basic shit on his own
>mom never does
>takes about a dozen attempts over 2 years to finally teach her how to attach a file to an email, despite needing to do so way more often than my dad (needs it for work)
>she wants to learn how to put files onto a USB drive and get photos off of her camera
>if she weren't my mother, I swear I would have strangled her during that ordeal
>insists she needs to write down every single step, I tell her the steps might change depending on where files are saved/where she wants to save them and she should just learn how the damn file explorer works instead of using a crutch
>gets steaming mad
>ask her if she has to write down every motion she has to make with the steering wheel and pedals of her car in order to get to work, or if she just does them naturally because she bothered to actually learn how the car works
>looks the most angry I've ever seen her for about 3 seconds until she realizes that I'm right
>stays silent
It turns out my dad had learned how to pull photos from the camera on his own a while before that, and didn't say anything so that I'd have to teach her instead when I came to visit. Sneaky fucker lol.

are you my sister?

>zoomer retard can't even greentext right

Not everyone is born with good genes.

Top post, you earned those dubs. X and Y may have got the ball rolling, but millenials truly are the guardians of the Information Age for the zoomer hordes, because we still remember the internet’s transition period. It will be those of us who are redpilled vs the eternal cabal, on a more equal playing field. Let’s see who yields first.

My boomer father told me that change always wins, and that reactionaries are lost causes. It’s a generational thing.

Attached: 5F529BB6-D714-456D-B741-9D90E8332BC0.jpg (906x1330, 423K)

plug in via hdmi you tard

I'll just leave this here

Attached: gZhmPr5.jpg (1795x709, 314K)

Fuck you.

Zoomers are worse

Found the zoomer

hehe

>not creating a public network between your computers and telling her to let you know what movies she wants next in her public folder

Kek
Using hdmi instead of vga like a faggot

all this butthurt boomers. cant wait till you croak

Attached: 210px-Carl_Brutananadilewski.png (210x329, 60K)

>people born in 2000 are allowed to post here

Attached: 1543242203879.jpg (1431x899, 452K)

she's from "gj club", which was really hot shit back in 2013

It's two weeks until new years. It's a 1/25 shot that he's underaged.

Gen Z
MODS
Well im atleast lucky cus my parents know how to use tech