THE ULTIMATE IN AUDIO

Stop buying snakeoil and join the AV Receiver masterrace

Attached: 1521534495463.png (658x437, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGw3vX9AMyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>only works with passive speakers

cringe

it has preouts to connect to active speakers

does it play video games

mono corner speaker is the way

yes you can connect the hdmi to it and enjoy 3d audio

Better off with going with a cheap-ish AVR, and spending the difference on a decent two-channel amp.
Plug the two-channel into the AVR pre-out and have that power LF and RF, and let the AVR handle the surround sound speakers, which are less important.

oh

it has all those video outputs so I thought it'd have awesome graphics

I ran into a ground loop issue last time I tried receiver + amp, also, no receivers got pre-out until you hit mid-level pricing

av receiver is for audio

I got a broken one of these and have yet to fix it.

Attached: 100_2573.jpg (800x287, 56K)

They're way too big and overbuilt. You can get a DAC with optical in and some HDMI, optical, etc. switches for like $150 that will do the job for 99% of people who would otherwise need a AVR but using only 1/8th the space. A lot of receivers are the size of microATX PCs

> does A
> not V
But almost 40 lbs

Attached: Yam CR 1040.jpg (2560x1440, 1.41M)

Attached: freudobear.jpg (350x282, 56K)

Attached: 1193101_img_3443-copy.jpg (800x571, 78K)

> coaxial
Google image search isn't being much help.
What speakers are these?

took me 10 seconds with google since the lable is on the back

KEF SP3235 Loudspeakers

What a bulky piece of shit
my fiio e10k does the job perfectly

Does it support Dolby Atmos? If I'm going full bloat I might as well go full in.

>no room correction

>dick measuring over home theater systems
adorable

Attached: CiVv_UJXEAAzhQz.jpg (1200x800, 95K)

>Does it support Dolby Atmos?
of course it does

horrible imaging

>AVR all in one units
>"Masterrace"

>Not using dedicated pre/pro and power amps like a true king
P A T H E T I C

>buy Onkyo receiver
>Works/sounds great for 5 years
>No sound unexplainably all of a sudden
>Find out after searching, disassembling, hairdryer-heat application that it's failed due to a bad bga solder joint preventing a signal going through the fucking Dolby dts chip that isn't even necessary for the analog amplification is preventing the amplifier output stage relay from activating

>Problem is so common that Onkyo has offered a rebate program towards new receivers
>Sign up by entering my receivers SN into the website
>Get offered a similarly spec'd brand new receiver for less than MSRP but still more than what I spent on the first one that went bad in the first place

I'll attempt a half-assed reflow on the board and toss it out if it doesn't work

I have a WM8740 DAC feeding a shitty PAM 2w amplifier board right now, with an Arduino receiving ir remote signals for volume and virtually pressing its digital volume buttons

Arduinos irremote performance seems to suck for multiple/repeated signals so I might try to find a motor pot or something else, but never buying a receiver again

My old receiver holds up.

Attached: Technics-SA-GX100-AM-FM-Stereo.jpg (1500x747, 178K)

I'm fine with a stereo setup for now, don't really have the space and don't want to deal with a surround system at this point.

onkyo extended their warranty, get it repaired for free

I'm good.

Attached: mx120c.jpg (2016x1512, 1.08M)

Balanced outputs is kinda neat, but unbalanced inputs seems to make it pointless

time to upgrade grandpa

Attached: 1513545274549.jpg (1500x1000, 679K)

Digital input

Fuck me I'm blind. Didn't see that whole row of HDMI

Attached: 4f2.gif (522x480, 3.08M)

Nah

Attached: mx120b.jpg (2016x1512, 724K)

True master race coming through

Attached: 20181215_195911_HDR-2656x1494.jpg (2656x1494, 814K)

retards don't realise audio gets massive distortion from components being jammed close together. my frigging USB microphone gets intefearance just from resting against the power cable on the pack of my PC.

buying a tiny portable DAC is a cucked MacBook user meme from the late 2000s you can get receavers for literally 0$ from the side of the road or 50$ from ebay or clist that sound better than them.

try to get one with a 75khz cd-line in (SACD) these models where mostly made in the 90s and early 2000s. people toss them because they are "old" and "don't have hdmi" but are better than even the 3000$ dacs retards buy.
try and ge

might have also got interference from resting against a VGA cable running at 120hz.. not sure. but it fucked it up massively.

the dumbest people in audio just think its spec numbers and 1 and 0s . retards on here think dacs output in analogue because they don't want to admit actual analogue gear is superior and impossible to get a true analogue output from a PC.

>USB microphone
>not using XLR

Well no shit user

I bought one of the slightly less powerful models a couple of years ago. The firmware is fucking retarded, and the network stack crashes dead after a few days of being plugged in. If you don't unplug it and plug it back in, then you can't use the remote control app or Bluetooth. What's the point of having these features if they don't fucking work?

>ethernet

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (288x499, 23K)

>USB microphone
>not using Mogami cable
shiggy

Werks 4 me

Since HDMI can carry ethernet, it allows you to clean up the connections by having everything run off the receiver via wired or wireless.

your post doesn't answer the question
the fuck does that McIntosh need Ethernet for?

Attached: 1533996227648.jpg (340x565, 56K)

>what is IP audio

so botnet, got it

Attached: wanting_to_stop_intensifies.gif (253x230, 84K)

>local network
>"botnet"

>needing an Ethernet connection for IP instead of using Bluetooth
>not botnet

Attached: downloadfile-5.png (728x392, 85K)

>using wireless when wired is an option
>implying a receiver needs Internet access
If you're so damned paranoid block it with your firewall. Jesus Christ, user, stop spewing memes and think for a moment.

To allow the row of HDMI ports network access without extra RJ45 cables.
TV Receiver Switch

>Bluetooth
>compressed trash
No pls

Pretty sure lossless audio over Bluetooth's a thing now

>To allow the row of HDMI ports network access without extra RJ45 cables
So the receiver acts as an Ethernet switch/hub (can never remember which is which) for all the HDMI devices?

>Pretty sure lossless audio over Bluetooth's a thing now
Except that's wrong

"""Near lossless"""

>wifi receiver meme
This shit needs to stop.

>You can get a DAC with optical in and some HDMI, optical, etc. switches for like $150
>using only 1/8th the space
show me one, faggot

>lossless audio over Bluetooth's a thing now
"No!"

>So the receiver acts as an Ethernet switch (can never remember which is which) for all the HDMI devices?
Yes.

something like that isn't going to be as good as this which is intended to solely produce good sounding music and doesn't have to worry about video stuff

Attached: YAMAHARN602BACK-1.jpg (800x385, 77K)

enjoy your cancer from tube amps leaking x-rays

>but are better than even the 3000$ dacs retards buy.

doubt it. it takes massive effort and new tech to create state of the art DACs. Only in the last decade have they surpassed analogue outputs from vinyl players

Have they figured out how to not have their receivers cook themselves to death?

Attached: giphy (1).gif (380x285, 1.97M)

yeah for the last 10 years

Attached: Capture.jpg (1761x1903, 456K)

> durr muh x-ray death amp
> ignores lead and PCB's

> 20 KV
> tube is 500V
> emission is a non issue
try harder

i don't ignore lead. i do everything I can in my power to not swallow it. i don't have to do much though as i'm not usually being served dinner on lead plates nor do shops sell cutlery made out of lead

>retards on here think dacs output in analogue because they don't want to admit actual analogue gear is superior and impossible to get a true analogue output from a PC.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
t. electrical engineer

>forced

seems like you missed a big point there pal

It doesn't have tubes.

Attached: sansui-qrx-9001-back.jpg (560x180, 15K)

>McIntosh
I'm mad jelly. That stuff costs a fortune.

Eh? It was the Onkyo that had ethernet...not the McIntosh. That said a lot of newer receivers have it these days as an alternative to wifi since they commonly are smart or support audio streaming services.

Attached: 1542921923847.png (194x159, 36K)

> ridiculous hypothetical situation
> entertaining it anyways
Photonic induction did a video on x-rays and vacuum tubes. Even dumping 200KV continuously through it barely produced as much as a medical x-ray.
youtube.com/watch?v=XGw3vX9AMyg

Tubes leaking x-rays? Do you even understand how electronics work?

Attached: 1543001852054.jpg (935x903, 144K)

>7191▶
THESE THINGS ARE THE BIGGEST FUCKING SCAM EVER

REEEEEEEEEE

Bought one of these in 2006 for my dedicated music setup. It does everything I need.

Attached: 71I1NPJqnJS._SL1400_.jpg (1400x656, 179K)

Wha?

Attached: 1542131946410.png (324x229, 14K)

the actual parts of manufacture for these shits are on par if not worse than how much apple charges for their laptops

OK, you have fun building all your own AV components then. We're content to pay those who have done the research and design to build something we know will work and fit our needs.

uh...enjoy building your stereo equipment out of sticks.

Attached: 1543057617957.png (282x280, 88K)

You don't have to swallow it retard

Harman gave up on these shits, so i'm not even going to bother with them.
Also dolby atmos is a meme, and you are all getting memed on by nips.

>I'll never own McIntosh
feels bad

Why not?

Attached: 1465586693319.jpg (800x718, 117K)

I want to suck her ears

Attached: 1540682907356.jpg (244x208, 20K)

Already ahead of you by almost a decade.

Attached: spoikah.jpg (1920x3000, 1.11M)

>spend all this money on a jew thing that spies on you just to spend time preventatively sabotaging some of its features that you still willingly paid for

pro-tip: these massive AVRs can be found for about 30 to 100 dollars used because normies who buy these tend to upgrade them for no reason

>upgrading from mcintosh to shitty onkyo
nigga pls

not even going to look up that model since i know it costs more than my car

tru very tru
jews will kill u soon

No.

>tfw over the course of being a teenager I trashpicked at least 10 receivers from the 90s-2000s and still have most to this day, still work great, can have a stereo in every room of my house

Man, the Famicom is going to sound great on that audio system!

This

>don't use surround sound
>barely use TV
>only need 4-5 audio inputs

why would I?

Are you poor?

Attached: 10093475_800.jpg (800x467, 93K)

Why the hell you would need a digital mixing console for listening to music?