>$4000
>requires a $2000 chiller to run
>Still looses to a 2990wx

Attached: bigburn.jpg (1500x1500, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-xeon-w-3175x-price-retail,38254.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-linux-2990wx&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's a lot of power connections. utterly fucking retarded. only the 1% of retards like RTX owners will buy it.

LOL

>TDP 255W

Attached: 1541538120178_0.jpg (818x693, 91K)

DELID DIS

>first prototype board 2x2 8-pin for power
>consumer board 2x8-pin+1 6-pin EACH SIDE
WATCH OUT FX9590. WE GOT A NEW SUPERNOVA RIGHT IN FRONT OF US

Attached: download_20180303_004918.jpg (836x543, 183K)

ayymd btfo

>AMD can't win every consumer dies in a fire
checkmate ayymd

I cant deal with this, Intel is a fucking joke.

Plus the edge 6-pin by the SATA ports for the PCI-E slots.

Jesus fucking christ.

Attached: i'm gonna make fx9590 look like a fucking joke.png (489x394, 228K)

literally 5W more than the 2990WX

>More watts
>Less cores

REALLY MADE ME THINK

I wonder how many boards are going to burn from the intense power draw of the CPUs?

The motherboard used to house the CPU is more impressive than the CPU itself

>soldered IHS
>still coole-able by AIO
>4less cores
>no new mob needed cause socket stays the same
makes you think

this right here tbqhfamalam

And dual 24pins for some reason

Dual 24 pins for the dual power supplies that are pretty much required for all the CPU connectors needed

The amount of power connectors on this board is at the same time impressive and also deeply concerning. I'm not one to care about power consumption, especially not now in modern days when even to most power hungry component obediently idles at low clocks and low power draw, but this shit is absolutely ridiculous. Just looking at the amount of power that's supposed to get into this board makes me feel like keeping that shit cool won't be an easy task.

Who exactly is the audience for that CPU?

dick measuring contests

Shit I missed that the first time around.

Cooling whatever CPU sits on this thing is going to be virtually impossible at anything above stock.

The media and reporters.
It only exists as a fictional threadripper challenger because Intel don't want to be branded uncompetitive

not that surprising for me man, saw many 6pins for them on many boards

bet 'stock' require a waterblock on it

Zoomer fortnite gamers. It also comes with 3 RGB strips for extra gaming power

Exactly. It's all about keeping up appearances.

CASCADING FAILURE
>CASCADING FAILURE
CASCADING FAILURE
>CASCADING FAILURE
CASCADING FAILURE
>CASCADING FAILURE

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

I don't think AMD will ever beat Intel in the housefires department ever again. This year was a fucking complete shitshow of chillers, burnt pins and 1770W retardation

>4000$
>Soldered IHS not included, a literal housefire meme
What a time to be alive

While I agree that $4000 is beyond reasonable, I don't agree on the 2990WX beating it since it has very heavy bandwidth issues on some workloads.

no fucking way that xeon draws 300w i9s are close to 500

t.winturd user

Is that really a Windows exclusive issue?

Also, I would love to see a benchmark comparison between the 2990WX and this abortion.

>tomshardware.com/news/intel-xeon-w-3175x-price-retail,38254.html

This is beyond retarded. No self-respecting professional would get this POS. Skylake-X XCC belongs in a HPC/high-end server box.

Threadripper 2990WX belongs in the same camp. It makes little to no sense in a workstation. It is a server-chip crippled by its memory topology.

So...what is Intel's plan for next years 64/128 threadripper release?

The 2950X is the perfect HEDT chip.

Yes it is. Windows shits its pants when trying to run the 2990WX because its fucking scheduler hasn't had a major update since bulldozer rolled out.

There's linux benchmarks out there that show the 2990WX shitstomping pretty much anything thrown against it.

Threadripper isn't going to be having any 64core SKUs anytime soon.

64core chips are going to be Epyc-only. Going beyond 16-cores for a Workstation environment is pointless. It is not worth the tradeoff for clockspeed and workstation-tier software doesn't really scale well beyond 8 threads and returns are nearly non-existent beyond 16 threads.

>workstation-tier software doesn't really scale well beyond 8 threads
In Windows, you're right. Linux is a different story.

I'm talking about workstation-tier software not the OS.

*nix has better support for large core count shit (because the environment is build around clusters/HPC shit)

Clockspeed is much more important then core count/threads in the workstation world.

>he doesn't know about the upcoming CPUs
>he doesn't know that Intel will get rekt because even if they maintain a slight clock speed advantage, they'll lose in terms of sheer core count all day

praise Mommy Su

YO THOSE KIKES FINNA BOUTTA GET DABBED ON

Attached: 1534074086313.jpg (757x627, 87K)

DELID DIS

>Going beyond 4-cores for a Workstation environment is pointless.
Said someone 5 years ago...

Confirmed, using 2950x now, comfy tier maximum

wtf are those two different ram slots?

Attached: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.png (947x1024, 452K)

the far left and the far right slots are different from the middle ones.

>68942455
>shitdozer

Attached: snapshot_15.10_[2016.12.23_02.35.14].png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Those are dimm.2 you filthy laptop nigger

Attached: 1531602432181.png (953x1282, 495K)

that's anus rog proprietary slot, not pc standard, is it?

More like 10 years ago desu, it's been a long time.

>he doesn't remember the shitshow that was windows trying to make bulldozer cores work and park early on
Microsoft will never introduce new features ahead of the hardware until the old ones are painfully updated

based

Attached: DELID.png (2518x1024, 468K)

painfully outdated*

Nobody cares about Intel anymore

Attached: 1543585518490.jpg (960x720, 116K)

you forgot a g before w

they still havent fixed their balanced power profile for ryzen LOL
it takes 2 mins for windows to shoot up the freq up again if a ryzen core goes to park

Wrong kiddo, I understand what markets actually need and want. Outside of HPCs, cloud computing, virtualization boxes and servers. Nobody cares for "MORE COREs" shit.

Even AMD knows this which is most certainly why they will never release a non-Epyc 48core/64core SKU. 2990WX is already pants on head retarded-tier like non-Xeon SP Skylake XCC chips.
Only "1337 gaming idiots" with deep pockets will buy that shit.

Quad cores? What do you need dual cores for? Isn't one core enough?

It is called getting the real tool for the real job.
32-core chips and beyond are ill-suited outside of the HPC/Enterprise world.
It like buying a massive dump truck but you are only using it to carry groceries and daily commutes. You'll end-up looking like a complete tool.
2950X is just as fast as 2990WX in non-HPC/server workloads without the baggage. 2990WX's shitty memory topology kills it for real server/HPC rigs. You are much better off getting the Epyc versions.

if no one cared 7700k would still be the king

but in reality...

Doesn't matter. It will still outsell AMD because of retards.

Actually, 7700K is still viable for mainstream shit because of the hyper-threading.
The "MORE CORES" meme is non-sense being perpetuated by gayming brainlets who don't understand a thing about parallel computing and its limitations.

for the same price you get a 2600 and or a 1600x

good luck with justifying a 4core

if intel didnt felt like the dildo was reaching their cervix they wouldnt have released 8700k and 9700/9900k

Ah yes, it's not like anyone uses workstations for rendering or anything, so clearly the fact that the 2990x under *nix demolishes every other workstations CPU in rendering and compiling workloads doesn't matter, since no one uses that shit...moron.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-linux-2990wx&num=1

Depending on the software. It is still quite applicable today.

is that seriously an IDE connector on the right side of that board?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Barakamon - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.02_[2018.09.04_20.58.56].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

> Copy-pastes article and doesn't realize that 2990WX is just as fast as 2950X in non-server and non-HPC workloads. 2990WX only shines when given HPC workloads and server-shit.
> 2990WX is just a shitty server-tier Epyc reject that got its memory topology neutered so it wouldn't cannibalize SP Epycs.
>2990WX only exists because AMD wanted to spank Intel's stupid 28-core stunt at Cinebench without requiring exotic cooling
>2990WX is a pure meme-tier SKU for epenis benchmarking that only excites brainlets. Any self-respecting professional avoids it like the plague.

Attached: LMAO.jpg (562x437, 44K)

That might just be the USB 3 front panel header

That thing is a fucking beast. I think I'll buy one next week with my EBT card

>Gamer branded xeon motherboard
The fuck? Who is the target audience for this crap?

To be fair this is pretty tame motherboard in terms of branding and as who it's for. it's purely just an enthusiast board for people with too much money

Why waste all those words continuing to pretend that rendering workloads don't exist?

>"""""""consumer""""""" Xeon

Attached: [Ganbappe] Wake Up, Girls! Movie - Seishun no Kage [BD 1080p][7A485366].mkv_snapshot_12.28_[2017.11. (670x752, 719K)

>4 8-pin CPU power
>2 6-pin CPU power

So this.... is the current state of Intelfags

>The "MORE CORES" meme is non-sense being perpetuated by gayming brainlets who don't understand a thing about parallel computing and its limitations.
t. corelet

>you cant buy amd in the winter cause it doesnt heats up the room
>you cant buy intel in the summer cause its a class 4 hazardous material

we are doomed

Why the fuck would you expect some random person to know what an Asus-proprietary slot is?

*cowers in the corner*

Attached: amd_fd9590fhhkwof_octa_core_fx_9590_4_7ghz_desktop_1095662.jpg (2500x2500, 275K)

They would be done on servers/HPC systems not workstations. They would be using Epycs and Xeons as well.

Just asked my friend if he wants a 9590
Fucker said yes
Cant wait to see his elec bill go through the roof

That's a big cpu

If he gets the 9590 he should undervolt it to something like 1.4v and see what kind of stable clock he can achieve on prim, my 8350 does 4.5, which is the best oc you can get on a normal air cooler because 4.6 and beyond need more volts than whats in the normal VID range of the 8350.

>3647 pin land grid array unlocked xeon chip for 28 core gaymen just to compete
This is the power of ryzen.

I don't understand why somebody would buy that when an arc welder costs like a fraction of that and draws less power at the same time.

Attached: 1544822277755.jpg (700x1127, 223K)

I'll buy one for mi wfe's son. He'll be the envy of his classmates

just buy it goyim

Attached: xeon.png (1555x867, 310K)

>not knowing the DIMM2 slot
>the absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: module.jpg (1379x571, 223K)

It is, right number of pins.
t. Fitted a new motherboard this week with the USB 3 header in the same sideways position

Look at that fucking power draw potential, who the living fuck is going to buy a server cpu for GAYMEN use? Might as well throw in a free fucking RAID controller, there aren't enough sata/DIMM slots for anyone to consider this. motherboard might as well come with it's own cpu just to control your 14 onboard fans.

Attached: 1542509047571.gif (360x360, 900K)

>server MOBO
>4 RGB headers
the absolute state of technology

Attached: 1544903991106.jpg (1500x1500, 629K)

coming straight from asus website

Attached: Short_Overview.jpg (3840x2560, 1.92M)

REEEEEE 4 (FOUR) DUPONT CONNECTORS I CAN'T BELEIE IT

Attached: Ml50rPr.jpg (1145x761, 311K)

This is a gaymer board made to run "server" components

a gayming server board?
what has the world become?

i like it but only because its overkill and retarded like threadrippers which are also cool as fuck in a home user buying a CAT mining truck to carry leaves from his garden.

hope they keep making crazy shit like that even though i will never own one

Except 2990WX are 4 dies, not one.

>14 fan headers