Dark Themes

Why are you using them? Self gratification or hacker roleplay or something else?

Attached: dark.png (883x622, 108K)

My eyes thank me after lookin at it for 8 hours

Well what then are you using? Your pic is using a dark theme so I presume you are using something else.

This.

Because I don't want my eyes to burn

dark mode allows for more vibrant colors. If you're using a white background, you can't use light colors like yellow and green or orange or purple or red

Something else

I don’t like bright things

No they don't. You switch between a dark theme coding environment, a light-screened browser page, a light-themed DB Manager, and (if you actually have a job) a well-lit room. If anything that contrast is going cause more eye strain. It's just a meme that people will use any excuse to justify. I've had people say just the opposite "I like the dark theme because I can tell the difference between the Data access and the programming environment easier."

It's just a theme.

>a light-screened browser page
>a well-lit room
I have neither of these.

You know there are dark greens, reds, yellows, and oranges. And in the dark theme you can't make out them.

So long as you aren't working in a blue-grey environment, there's not a strong contrast argument to make.

You're not working in tech

Ah, so you're not a productive member of society. And code entirely in a vacuum, unconnected to other products and information. Good to know.

Self gratification and hacker roleplay.

Fight me

>sublime text
>atom theme
hello there fellow redpilled user

No u.

Better text readability ,easier on the eyes, and better battery life.

>hacker roleplay
Been in the industry for nearly a decade, that's why I make sure all my themes are as light as possible to stay as far away from these zoomers as I can.

Attached: 1541684312659.jpg (443x455, 96K)

>productive member of society
debatable
I do have a dark browser page though.

I like bright colors because my monkey brain likes them because it has associated bright colors with flavor, health, and longevity

>better battery life.

Attached: 1540589885646.gif (500x288, 3.08M)

This.

>does not have an OLED screen on his hardware

>It's just a meme that people will use any excuse to justify.
So you're saying my reasons for using a dark theme are false and just an excuse for that one in a million chance someone will ask me why? Fucking kill yourself retard.I don't even interact with people with interests in computers or programming. The only person who has ever even seen my computer is my wife and she wouldn't know an editor from a terminal.

because it makes your mom's ass taste better OP

>If anything that contrast is going cause more eye strain.
>eye strain
And? Are you so weak and feeble that even your eyes have to be protected from doing any actual work?

I have eyes.

>and (if you actually have a job) a well-lit room.
t. not in tech

hacking roleplay.... i actually read much better with dark font on light background...

It's easier on the eyes for me, too much light is tiring to me when it's not natural sunlight.

I like how it looks.

Because my eyes are bad and I can't do anything with some ugly white text editor.I mean like, why do you even think that people prefer that only to look 1337?

What a retard

>a light-themed DB Manager
u wot m8

>Yellow Computer Glasses
Why are you using them? Self gratification or hacker roleplay or something else?

Attached: 18d7n5248z1kgjpg.jpg (800x450, 43K)

Possibly placebo'ing myself that having my phone wallpaper and lock screen solid black with small white text and icons saves me battery. Also muh eyes

based

WHO HERE /RED THEME/ MASTER RACE?

Attached: redpill.png (818x463, 50K)

>not having universal solarized dark user css for shit themed webpages
>having to use a database manager at work
>having to sit in an illuminated room
lmao how does it feel to get paid 3 bucks an hour?

Attached: 1529391684127.jpg (500x354, 33K)

Looking at a white screen is really uncomfortable that's why. Also lazy bait OP.

That's okay, I'd rather not have my blood pressure go up unnecessarily

Attached: 1543323822453.png (960x960, 1.19M)

I don't hate my eyes?

The default terminal background is black.

mostly one my amoled phone for comfy browsing in bed

based, redpilled and with bonus points for triggering jobless basement dvellers

Attached: 1529069081559.png (689x588, 447K)

Speaking of dark themes, it's almost 2019. When is this shit actually being added to Windows10? They've been teasing it for ages.

Attached: DarkFileManager.jpg (952x668, 49K)

It looks very nice

This. Every time I'm tutoring zoomers at work and they have to watch my screen I flash-bang them with my light themes

Attached: 1535136822968.png (675x750, 395K)

Muh eye strain
Just blink a little more often, brainlet

I don't enjoy watching floaters and I see them a lot on bright themes

why do every theme looks so much better on mac os than on windows/linux?

when microshit sorts the october update out

Because, like all real programmers, I'm constantly hung over.

>being an alcoholic means im a real programmer
kek

whatever helps the addiction bro

You got it backwards, buddy. You'll learn.

>Because, like all real programmers, I'm constantly stoned .
>You got it backwards, buddy. You'll learn.

>Because, like all real programmers, I'm constantly shitfaced .
>You got it backwards, buddy. You'll learn.

kys

>Being retarded

No, he won't, because he's not a fucking alcoholic user. Get some help, that shit isn't good for your health

>Been in the industry for nearly a decade, that's why I make sure all my themes are as light as possible.
Been in the game x2 the time.
Use dark theme because it was all light when I was leaning the ropes, and I got sick of it.
>Depends on your outlook I guess.

I use the computer when it's pitch black and even with screen brightness at minimum the whites burned my eyes so I switched to dark themes. Most of the time they work just as well as light themes in brighter environments too so I usually just leave them as dark.
As for my phone- it's just a placebo but I like to think it increases battery life.

these

windows/linux users forever BTFO'd

>floaters
isnt that means your retina have been severely damaged or something?

ITT: unemployed NEETS who don't include their browsers in desktop threads

i like the way it looks.

Stop using harmful text editors. Use sam.

Attached: Sam_text_editor.png (1271x1015, 58K)

Just wear sunglasses, holy shit.