What happen to this fine firefox add-on anyone knows?

whatever happen to this fine add-on to download all the images from 4 Chan? The author says he's working on it. Without replacement there will be no multiprocessor and no faster render

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SuperGouge/ChanThreadWatch
github.com/SuperGouge/ChanThreadWatch/releases
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-star/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

op - i am stuck on 52.9.0 ESR

I wouldn't count on it ever being updated. The deadline has been moved further and further into the future until the dev finally gave up on the notion of a planned release date.
I waited for it patiently, but at some point you have to move on. There are other tools to replace it.

github.com/SuperGouge/ChanThreadWatch

github.com/SuperGouge/ChanThreadWatch/releases

Works on most chan sites

it works on waterfox.
try getting xpi somewhere, it might work on esr also. good luck

Attached: sc.png (1600x866, 217K)

As an user in a thread before once said,
You wouldn't download a mall

I haven't found any that replace it. This picks up literally everything even locally hosted sites when testing, no other downloader has been able to do that

Use Waterfox FFS lurk moar

Yeah, I use it here as well.

ive been able to get by with flashgot for anything that works with old xul extensions and video downloadhelper for webextension crap.
for galleries ill use something like vripper or ripme.jar

This.

Okay, so what's the closest add-on alternative?

And WHY - if it's so loved and was so popular wasn't ONE developer cared enough to continue it? It even has a Wikipedia page. I'm not a programmer, but I can't imagine allowing it to be compatible with modern Firefox is a difficult chore. JUST DO IT. ONE OF YOU PLEASE.

Closest alternative I could find on the chrome store (Since I switched from Palemoon to Vivaldi) is Chrono Download Manager

Pic related

Attached: chrono.png (1920x1049, 433K)

> I can't imagine allowing it to be compatible with modern Firefox is a difficult chore
You are very, very wrong. Nuzilla didn’t implement all the APIs to recreate most of the functionality and basically spat in Nils’ face when he complained. Read the DTA blog for all the drama.

Gay

gay or not gay, it's working

works on waterfox but I think its unmaintained

download star work for me

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-star/

ignore this retard seamonkey and palemoon are both better browsers with support for xul

>seamonkey and palemoon
Now that's gay

It was so funny when they promised us (devs) native.js as a replacement for xul so we stop complaining and the first thing they did after launching 57 was WONTFIX it.

Yeah, what put me off of Firefox was the way Mozilla were treating devs above all other reasons.

this

Why use a plugin when you can do the same faster and more secure with merely a script?

That and that the random limitation on the implemented apis.

Like that you can't decide the position of the context menu entries, nor can't add more than one unless it's inside a submenu.

Hotkeys must be hardcoded inside the manifest so the devs chose them when creating the addon and can't be changed by the user dynamically (there's a fix for that now).

Meanwhile random webpages can tamper with the whole context menu without issues.

There's no place to run thrusted code, lot of addons just injects everything on the pages you're visiting causing those sites to be able to do crazy stuff with your addons if they choose to, an iframe is safer and must be randomized cause webs can still have iframes with the same id to hijack yours but web-extensions where created to attract people without knowledge to develop extensions so ....

If someone here runs a web add a mutation observer to catch everything non related to your site, you will see stuff like files that the users are downloading (speed, completion, ETA, even url of the file) you can see scripts injected to just copy on the clipboard probably for the addon copy plaintext that you can tamper with and change the value they copy to whatever you want, with fetch/xhr you can see the uuid generated for the addons installed that changes depending on the user (even two users using the same addons have different uuids) so you can easily track them.

Nor to mention the new automatic reviews, of course having to wait for reviews was frustrating but the automatic process is a joke and it's easier to pass a review with an addon made to steal your history than some complex and legit ones, and you never know when an addon has been reviewed manually so you can't thrust AMO anymore.

Bump

Attached: image.jpg (645x729, 145K)