Windows 7 or Windows 10?

What does Jow Forums prefer? I was gonna install 7 on my desktop, but I hesitated and installed it on a VM instead. Should I downgrade to 7 or should I stay on 10?

Attached: windows-7-vs-windows-10.jpg (640x339, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Downgrade to 7

for me it's windows 7
you?
do what you want

windows 8.1

If I didn't already have my system set up for 10 I'd format and reinstall 7 desu. 10 is a pile of shit.

Windows 8.1 is actually pretty good desu.

> we prefer slower and outdated operating systems for no apparent reason whatsoever.
TOP FUCKING KEK.

I wouldn't really mind "upgrading" to Windows 10 if it had a proper classic theme, for now I'll just stick with 7 for that and better compatibility with older games.

Pirate 10 LTSC version. Just as good as windows 7 was to me and objectively more efficient.

>200GB fresh install
>regular updates that break everything - including deleting random user files
>oops something happened :-))))))))))

you'd do better to remain silent

Attached: 1537597129955.jpg (361x407, 13K)

windows 7 came out in 2009

fuck off brainlet, move to linux if you're concerned about bloat, no guy with common sense would run Windows 7 on his main rig

And 10 was a step backwards.

Windows 7 still has the largest share of the OS market

>doubling down on the faggotry
Win7 is the only Windows you should use

Attached: 1544284245226.jpg (436x536, 51K)

use windows 10. it's come with modern feature, best security and very lightweight.

windows 10 has a compressed memory feature which saves you more RAM than windows 7. so as far as toasters are concerned, windows 10 is better to run.

>people are literally getting sequenced BSODs on 10 as we speak
>someone has the gut to actually shittalk 7

just use vista lmao

> linux is meme.
no one use linux.

Windows 10's devs don't know what they're doing, they released an update that randomly deletes your files

it's for better quality.

>Should I downgrade to 7 or should I stay on 10?
What issues are you having on 10 in the first place that are worth downgrading for?

Attached: 1544914001641.gif (350x316, 315K)

I like win 8.1 but the frequent 99% usage turned me away back to 7. even with an ssd I still had the same issues

since there are plenty of people without basic technical knowledge. Why was mirai successful? Because plenty of people can't even configure their own router / ip cams, especially in 3rd world countries.
Nobody with any 'technical' common sense would run win 7. Personally I dual boot linux and win 10, get the best of both worlds. Win is only for the occasional gaming
ok just run win xp if you wanna dodge BSODs
Windows is full of boat and too many processes/services running in the background you have no idea wtf they do. Linux is superior as long as you're not a huge gamer

> stay on 10.
the only one issue is telementry.

bait or retarded pajeet

What's the point of switching back then?
A lot of the telemetry has gotten backported to 7 anyway.

>he fell for the muh telemetry meme
they literally have a program that shows all the telemetry as well as a big ol' delete button that removes it from their servers if you really care that much

How do things keep getting worse? Is it just newly-promoted corporate people trying to prove what great ideas they have by making useless shitty changes? Or is there actually a concerted effort by all these tech companies to erode user privileges and step all over the rights of their countrymen? It seems like they just keep pushing and pushing what they can get away with and eventually the public is just going to snap (I hope).

I just hate the botnet

I'm so sad I need to move to 10 for new emulation programs. 7 for life otherwise. I hate 10 every time I have to do anything control-panel tier.

>still has inconsistent ui
>still must kill updates
>still cannot completely kill uac

> nothing.

The one that's officially supported

So either?

only thing I hate about Windows 10 is that CPU usage reporting in task manager is not fixed yet.

telemetry and updates aren't even an issue thanks to hardware level router firewall.

Mainstream support has ended, though sure, extended support is still a thing

What's everyone going to do when support for 7 stops?

panic

laugh at wintoddlers

install gentoo

It will continue to work after support stops. So many people will still use windows 7 that Microsoft will be forced to extend support anyway.

you mean when I will no longer get notifications about updates I manually stopped after installing Service Pack 1?

Attached: 1495137620842.gif (234x161, 1.99M)

enjoy you're vulns sweaty

they just added more backdoors as time passed you fucking donut

>backdoor are the only vuln
lol!!!!

> use it until my shit stop support it.

support doesn't really end until they stop making GPU drivers for it.

>bloat
>linux
>the newest windows 10 updates prevent the computer from booting, cause constant bluescreens, and break windows media player
yeah it's bloat we're worried about chucklefuck

Do you “need” DirectX 12?
This is the only question to not just go with Windows 7.

>tfw 4 GB VRAM limit in DX9

Why kill UAC?

seben foreber baby

>seben

> uac just a meme boi.

>foreber

>7
>a downgrade
wtf nigger

please downgrade to 7 I'd like to keep using eternalblue for a few more years

>cannot completely kill uac
Are you unironically retarded? Why make Windows more insecure than it already is?

I just upgrated to w10 about 10 hour ago.
Damn this spyware app is so smooth. Even Edge is so fast, not even bothered installing another browser. I used my my oem 7seven key and it activated without any problem.

Windows 10, took me a while to swallow the botnet pill but once you know what to uninstall/disable and install sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/ it's fine, grow up

disable diagnostic policy service stuffs in group policy

have you actually tried 10 on an aging machine? it crawls, even opening the start menu you can hear the cpu cry in pain

you can just use the last version, unlike when browsers stop supporting it (then you are fucked)

i can smell the curry

considering every next gen CPU requires windows 10 and with modern GPUs (nvidia) they stop making older cards and modern ones are for win 10. it's becoming a reality user.

I say downgrade because its a lower version

aging machine? I run 10 on a a dual core atom netbook and a couple of Q6600s, zero issues, learn to winblows

I ran win7 exclusively until September when I could not fix .NET without completely reinstalling Win7 and I didn't want to deal with the headache of updates and getting around the restrictions on Kaby Lake. I switched to LTSC out of necessity, but I still run Win 7 on all my older systems that support it.

This, unfortunately AMD ceased support.

I had the same question and decided to try out Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise. Windows 7 is good, but it only has one year of support left and I guess they will cease support as well.

Windows 10 is good after you invested at least two hours of background process disabling. Its annoying, but there is no other choice. At least I don't have long boottimes and network issues with my Ryzen now.

Put Windows 10 on a hard-r gamer desktop, then put tha tin the living room and use it on the TV for literally nothing but games. Actual laptop for work is Linux only. So if you're using windows, I say use it for games only, and go ahead and use Windows 10 because new game are only coming out on 10 now. If you aren't gaming, thn I wouldn't use Windows at all.

Between W7 and W10 the only escape is putting the barrel of a gun in your mouth.

> use windows 10 enterprise ltsc edition

> Haven't updated Windows 7 since 10 released (didn't want that forced upgrade)
> Update yesterday because I wanted to use the latest Photoshop version
> Windows won't boot now
> Don't have install disc or spare pc to make a bootable usb

Fuck this

I need to get a new computer since mine is completely fucked. Would I be able to use my current computer's windows 7 product key to install with one of those ISO downloads from the main site if I got a Windows 10 computer? All the computers and laptops I can find in my price range that are actual upgrades seem to be running Windows 10.

go to like the library or something, and why don't you have 2 computers? It's 2018 user

> the only one way is clean install.

Had to upgrade to this POS today, what do I gotta do to disable the spying as much as possible?

GNU/Linux

>lightweight
*doubt*

I was going to go with the repair Windows option but what do you have in mind?

> do what you wanna do.

Only use 10 if it has something you absolutely need and can't get on any other OS.

It's not as light as 7 but it's certainly lightweight for the feature set. They got rid of a lot of useless shit thus why 10 doesn't have the same legacy support

At this point you'd probably be better off ditching windows altogether.

Windows 7 is fucking outdated

Use 10 for christ's sake

10 is tolerable if you look up all the articles (mostly from HowToGeek) on how to decrapify it.

Reasons for 10 over 7
> explorer has a fucking shortcut for making a new folder finally
> delete button moves a file to the recycle bin without need for confirmation
> built-in anti-virus/anti-malware that actually works
> built-in redshift
> Windows Subsystem for Linux

Worst things about 10
> it's spying on you (more than 7)
> microsoft occasionally rapes your computer with nonconsensual updates

Attached: homer.jpg (500x376, 186K)

Downgrade to Win 7 but make sure you got the computer type specific drivers. Could be a problem with a cheap machine that has gotten Win 10 preinstalled.

You are a nigger!

Attached: mohren2.jpg (457x343, 105K)

No drivers for amd rx cards on win 8.1 anymore

source

>it's becoming a reality user.
Kek

Attached: DQ9pFn2X0AAm3FR.jpg (634x518, 88K)

This, only folks who glow in the dark can endorse the use of such spyware.

Attached: ur a niger.gif (320x240, 2.36M)

>Windows 7 is fucking outdated
So what? It still werks.

Attached: Neger.jpg (500x276, 33K)

>spyware
Telemetry applies to MS-Office, doublenigger. And it's easy to disable.

Attached: 6881037-v5-muetzen.jpg (959x639, 91K)

Stay on 10, there is no reason to use 7. The sole exception would be to rice, major Windows 10 updates break custom themes, but if you're into ricing you should be using *nix anyways.

ctrl+shift+n has been around for a long time friendo.

>What's everyone going to do when support for 7 stops?
Nothing.
>I also use Win XP on my NB-100.
>Never fix a running system, pal.