Will it replace Android?

Attached: Fuchsia-630x330.jpg (630x330, 33K)

Probably. But not anytime soon

Hopefully it sucks less than Android.

This shit will flop hard.

I hope it will so linux will finally die already

Yes, that's its raison d'etre. Android being Linux was a simple accident of history, born of "OMG WE GOOGLE HAVE TO JAM OUR FOOT IN THE DOOR BEFORE IPHONE OWNS EVERYTHING".

yes

Google did so well with Chromebooks with their .00000000023% marketshare

>Fuchsia will be the next poorfag OS

oh boy its going to be a long fucking time before linux dies boy

higher market share than mac and linux

Yes. There are tons of poorfags, what's wrong with giving them their own OS? Linux has filled that niche thus far, but there's always room for improvement (especially starting from Linux).

chromeos is a linux distro, dummy

I'd like to.
I'd like to see the rise of microkernels in consumer-grade devices.

But its a proprietary botnet so it doesn't fall under what people mean.

Fuchsia will replace Android, Windows, Linux on mobile, desktop, server and IoT.

This is why you never go full retard.

Why? If your OS uses a microkernel or not is to no benefit to you whatsoever.
It will just possibly lead to worse performance for you.

It will you make miss Android

But better stability and security (if done right). Those of us who don't have steam-driven devices don't care about a 2% performance loss - and it's academic anyway, the vast majority of devices these days spend their time waiting for user input, phones especially.

>Miss Android 2018, from Englishnotmyfirstlanguagia

based and redpilled

>I'm using a phone with a thing called fuchsia! a feminine color and the color of vagina!! omg I'm such a modern female I can't believe it... I'm a female with a phone made for me! can you tell I'm a modern female girl with a vagina? I hope Chad will think better of me now since I'm a modern girl! have I already said that I'm a girl? I'm a girl, a female girl and I have a girl phone.

Attached: 481782_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Cringe and bluepilled. Don't Google already do enough damage without owning all the infrastructure, too?

(Checked)
It'll almost certainly still be called Android - why put another ring through the catlle's nose, when there's already one there you can paint another colour?

I don't think so. Doesn't look good for this perpetually unfinished toy OS.

>he doesn't know about codenames

Attached: Dt_yUeSXcAA4w5V.jpg (1069x639, 101K)

>making excuses just so you can use a vagphone

Android already is a vagphone. Research done a few years back showed that Android users are more promiscuous, and have higher STD rates, than any other mobile OS.

>no benefit to you whatsoever
Except for all the benefits

I want it to replace iOS.

>raisin ditter
also checked

Attached: ergo_proxy__you_are_my_raison_d_etre_by_mirum_numenis-d9g454t.jpg (1095x730, 108K)

If your vagina is fuchsia, you need to see a gynecologist.

>moving the goalposts

They even had to use Gentoo since they can't into making an actual distribution themselves.

tpbp
Anyone who believes otherwise just because it's from Google ia delusional.

Google has known that Android is unfixable for years.

The first sign that they needed a brand new OS should have been back in ~2012 when they admitted they could never fully GPU-accelerate the UI due to memory overhead issues and thus would never make Android as smooth as iOS.
The second sign should have been in 2014 when they replaced Dalvik with ART in an unsuccessful attempt to make Android less shit.

Google's president Eric Schmidt was on the board of directors of Apple back when the companies were not competitors. They knew about the iPhone in advance of everybody else, especially since they had some Google apps on the original iPhone working on day one.
Android was a patchwork solution to create an iPhone clone before the rest of the market could compete, it was never supposed to be a serious long-term product.

Android's goal was very simple: copy the iPhone before Nokia, Blackberry and Microsoft could. Apple was never going to kill the entire market, they only sold premium priced products. It was Google who killed the existing phone market, by making a clone before other competitors due to insider information.

Attached: 1294436354922.png (468x494, 31K)

Is there even a working build yet?

Even if it flops, Google has a hold on the ecosystem hard enough to force people to switch to it.

I hope it flops, causes a smartphone crash and unironically kills google and applel
If a plan 9 or BSD derivative were to replace linux then I agree.

>tfw you know a girl with this name
>now only think of a shitty os

Attached: image.jpg (800x510, 54K)

I'm sure it will replace Linux

I hope it does so android user-base gets fractured and a truly opensource ( i.e. no googlebotnetservices ) mobile OS will take over..