Please stop building stuff with scripting languages

Please stop building stuff with scripting languages

If your script gets bigger than a few hundred lines of code then you need to rewrite it in a proper programming language, no excuses

If you’re stupid enough to build full apps and webshites in scripting languages then you deserve what you get (buggy inefficient code)

Attached: B77FE3ED-D941-407F-B3B0-5939D8D1AABE.png (575x375, 129K)

deluge

Yes, because it's obvious that using a compiled language automatically results in less bugs than using a scripting language. Flawless logic.

We are using real programming languages user, we are actually using the next generation of them, unlike Cniles like you.

LAMP w/ Javascript is the best stack.

>some nothing faggot in his basement screaming ex cathedra like he's important
Fuck off and KYS.

Attached: 1544088125846.gif (260x150, 1.45M)

>new generation
>not using JS frameworks

k

Efficiency doesn't matter much on modern hardware. I agree that people should use Go for websites and most other stuff people write in scripting languages but there is nothing wrong with choosing python.

BUT MUH HORIZONTAL SCALING
BUT MUH KUBERNETS
BUT MUH DOCKER
BUT MUCH SERVERLESS

BUT BUT IF U PROVIDE VALID ARGUMENTS WHY IM A CODEMONKEY I WILL JUST DEFLECT IT BACK WITH A STATEMENT SAYING YOUVE NEVER HAD A JOB BECAUSE SOMEHOW IM TOO DUMB TO EARN AN AVERAGE SALARY FROM HOME WHERE I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN RACE 24/7 SO THE ONLY WAY I CAN JUSTIFY MY MISERABLE LOW IQ DELLUSION I LIVE IN IS TO DEFLECT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT TRY TO BREAK IT WITH NEVER HAD A JOB STATEMENT

Dart has forced static typing, its very fast, has full Java-like OO and runs on its own binary VM, so its a 'proper' programming language

Static type checking causes fewer bugs

CS was a mistake.

php is good for making real, functional websites with a bit of well-applied responsibility
trying to use it to make the monstrosities that kids call websites these days is just asking to doom us all
not that MUH FLUID DESIGN js libraries are any better in that regard

the moral of the story here is that the modern web is garbage, mobile-oriented websites were a mistake, and the whole thing is basically just a conspiracy to obsolete hardware earlier for better sales
especially the move to port html/js web apps to the desktop in their own inefficient web rendering containers
the only thing worse than having firefox open is having 7 different firefoxes open that compete over system resources and cant share cache

>t. jobless neet coping

Worked with compiled PHP for a stable company which builds B2B and B2C platforms.

>LAMP
yeah whatever gramps

Only if you're a retard

no, nodejs has been proven to run fast and efficiently.

If the performance hit of using a interpreted language isn't a noticeable issue theres literally no problem with using it for large codebases.

Tell that to my boss.
t. writes complicated 7-layer forms in something utterly unsuited for it - Python and Django

Only if your application is toddler-tier. Most are.

I don’t recommend using scripting languages for anything except prototypes

A huge amount of bugs can be avoided by choosing a language that fits the following criteria:
- statically typed
- variables not nullable by default
- variables not reassignable by default

I started learning LAMP first in 2016. Got it all working well.

Then I switched from Apache to NGINX and now have both PHP and Go code.

LAMP is the best starting point.

Linux + nginx + postgresql + go is the best choice in 2018

.net core + linux + mariadb = the new node

python properly used will give you a working prototype quickly, and you'll be able to write a second better implementation now having understood the problem better if it becomes necessary, people are finding however the real world returns for rewrites are low and python works for 95% of cases, so if you can't make it work chances are you're a brainlet

anons I want to start learning webdev with LAMP or LEMP stack but instead of using MySQL I want to use PostgreSQL, is it suitable for a beginner like me?

Yes.

thx user, I love you

If you use immutable data, you can scale unityped languages to 10K lines without much problem. Past that point the typelessness hurts, but if you are having trouble with under 10K lines and you are not a junior dev, the real source of your trouble is probably OOP. Don't mutate shit.

It's better.

That would make Lisp shit, according to your standards.

>python properly used will give you a working prototype quickly
Same for Scala.

i'd agree this isn't 2006 anymore and the jvm is incredibly nice for only slightly more hassle

Scala is an overcomplicated mess.

this person is ignorant

I am looking for forward to the new wave natively compiled programming languages with better type systems. Crystal has a lot of promise despite the Ruby syntax. I had big hopes for D, but alas.
It is, but so is Python at this point.

'bigger'
fk off back to rddit, prick

PHP is like is like a chainsaw for 99 cent. It can possibly somehow cut the tree but not without leaving an epic mess.

> Nginx
> Go

You do not need a webserver in front of Go.

Only babies are scared of null.

Bugs that only an absolute beginner who has no idea what the fuck they are doing would encounter.

A huge amount of bugs can also be avoided by:
- Understanding dynamic typing in a language
- Reading the specifications for said language
- Not trying to write in a classical structure while using language that has, for ex. prototypal inheritance
- Having a general idea of what you are fucking doing with a language instead of winging it like a complete retard
- Not being a pajeet

vert.x + vue.js + postgresql is the master race stack, everything else is either too slow/bothersome (.net core, go) or does not have a mature enough ecosystem yet (rust actix)

This is fact, confirmed by the techempoer benchmarks.

Sure, diligence and competence is good, but you can be diligent, competent and use a statically typed language on top of it.

it's obvious that compilers do what they are designed to do isn't it, code that isn't compiled can have so many basic mistakes that it's insane to use them for anything in production

I do web development in python, django, flask and WSGIs

Could have simply said "just be smarter, bro", FYI, this never works, and you can thank this mentality for the current state of software.

Use LEMP. Also, other anons will fight me for this, but you probably want to use a frontend framework like React.

because my work is to deploy machine learning models created in python

What do you think of Julia?

I would use Julia if it had more support and an active community using it

Give it a few years. I don't know about ML, but it may turn out to be the language to replace Python for NumPy/SciPy, Pandas and the webdev shit.

I really hope so

Lisp is shit

My server, my choice.
Honestly OP, I despise electron apps as much as anyone else but who cares about if a company needs one or 6 servers? That's what investors are for.