Why is no one complaining about rounded corners...

Why is no one complaining about rounded corners? Rounded corners only make sense if your display reaches the edge of your chassis, otherwise, it's literally cutting corners. (while ironically costing more)

Attached: Google-Pixel-3-i-Pixel-3-XL-7~01.jpg (579x1014, 49K)

I do all the time. With rounded corners the entire line is basically wasted for content, same as notch and curved edges.

Because Apple did it. That's what the smartphone industry has been doing for the past year is copying every retarded design choice that Apple puts out. Like that thing where the screen goes all the way to the top corners while the middle of the top is covered by the speaker. It's a good thing they haven't decided to get rid of the headphone jack right now or else none of the new phones 6 months from now would have them.

Attached: Apple-iPhoneX-SpaceGray-1-3x.jpg (934x1500, 91K)

Attached: g6corner.png (1200x650, 646K)

ANDROIDjeets BTFO

Attached: 1544934141558.gif (540x540, 279K)

based

literally cutting edge tecnology

It's just status bar and nav button.
Unless you're in expanded screen mode with gesture nav.

Aaa

And redpilled

Unironically this Almost all new phones now have:
>a notch
>no headphone jack
>rounded corners
Bonus round:
>cost $700+
>several editions of the same fucking phone, each costing even more than the previous ones, bumping the price up to car territory

The fucking Gemini PDA has rounded corners. Somehow they hid it in Android, but on Debian I launched i3wm and it became painfully obvious.

Where I live even people with money are starting to get cheaper phones. Owner of a company where I work has Huawei P20 lite despite using only iphones for years.

The anti-Huawei propaganda coming from US had counter effect here in yurop only boosting the sales through free advertising.

Apple copied the notch. I'm posting on an Essential PH-1

Here in Mexico Huawei and Xiaomi are booming, AT&T shills Huawei like it's the only thing they sell, while Telcel shoves the Redmi Note 5 AI like there's no alternatives

>tfw still have a phone with rectangular screen, replaceable battery and microSD slot
Feels good.

Third world phone for third world people

I'm a yuro as well and unironically considering a Huawei once my Galaxy Note 4 dies, as I've had one in the past too. Which one is the best price/battery life wise?

iPhones and Galaxies are still what people tend to buy the most.

>Unless you're in expanded screen mode with gesture nav.
Of course I am, why else would I buy(hypothetically) a phone with a big screen to body ratio, to take it back to 2010 with the content "safe areas"?

Attached: 1533414981831.png (988x1114, 53K)

I got the S8+ and it has the meme corners and even rounded edges. I would rather have a normal square screen with rounded nothing, but I actually haven't found any problems with the rounded corners. There's never any content cut off because of them. The rounded edge however is a pain in the ass. It provides nothing useful but makes part of the screen always be aimed towards a light source, making it reflect light to my eyes hiding content. That shit is just a stupid gimmick.

As long as phones can have a replaceable battery in a professional store I don't mind that they aren't easily swappable. I have had dozens of phones and never used two batteries simultaneously so the only reason to swap it is because it's starting to show its age. There are portable powerbanks nowadays if I need to carry extra power with me. I wouldn't give up the microSD card slot, though. That's important.

Could be worse.
It could be two notches.
It could be a notch on the bottom of the phone.
It could be a notch and a big chin
It could be all of the above.

Attached: sharp-aquos-r2-compact-.jpg (160x212, 8K)

i am, i'm sticking to my opo as long as i can. rounded corners are ugly. gonna be hard finding a new one since most manufacturers suck apples dick

Still waiting for good phones to appear again with my perfectly rectangular 16:9 screen. And since it's a flagship that's still officially updated AND with great custom ROM support I'm set for 5+ years. It's like those jews don't want my money.

Attached: 1533115552505.jpg (467x536, 27K)

HTC still has square corners in the U12

>like small phones
>all my new phones get bigger every couple years, because otherwise the specs will be worse

>perfectly rectangular
Just say square cornered
Every rectangle is a perfect rectangle.

people are not happy but msm is simply censoring peoples opinions. A screen that has rounded corners is absolutely trash tier, next thing you know applel will make their macbook air and then pro have rounded screen corners and idrones will pay 500$ premium for that

Perfectly rectangular SCREEN means
>no notch
>no curved edges
>no round corners

>Every rectangle is a perfect rectangle.
Yeah that's not what I said, buddy.

>rounded screen corners on laptop

God, please no.

I don't have anything against notches, those are just limitations of current tech but rounded corners are pure aesthetic retardation.

its coming and there is nothing you can do about it

Yeah it seems like something that doesn't really matter.