Sup you so called """""technology enthusiasts""""", let's show how much you REALLY know

Sup you so called """""technology enthusiasts""""", let's show how much you REALLY know.

What's the best electric kettle out there currently?

Attached: chefs-choice-75-cup-electric-kettle-d-20121112192024647_231472.jpg (466x466, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse
youtube.com/watch?v=slDAvewWfrA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

american electric kettles

Blocks your path.

Attached: 818Xahn9gVL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x894, 100K)

>expecting a good kettle at 120v

Attached: IMG_8662.jpg (715x438, 85K)

Brevelle electric tea kettle. Made from glass and stainless steel, so no BPA to fuck up your sperms, easy to clean, has pre-set temperatures for each tea so you don't burn them like a fuckin idiot.

>electric kettle
Just use a pot you inbred Yuropoor.

Garbage

cringe

anything for induction stove

A Zojirushi in a non-American country.

Attached: 61sTV8QIknL._SL1200_[1].jpg (1200x1200, 68K)

Why the fuck do people need an electric kettle

How is it nicer than the chunk of metal you throw on the stove that screeches when the water is boiling

based

Any kettle from EVROPA.

Anything that's not made out of plastic.

I concur. It's a luxury product though.

Personally, I went cheaper.

Attached: mija_kettle.jpg (1000x638, 74K)

pic related is the only correct choice, or else enjoy your bpa in your tea/coffee

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 27K)

It's faster and you can control temperature. (80 degrees for tea, etc.)

Just throw a somewhat insulated live heater resistor into a bucket, save a ton of money

The stove doesn't turn off automatically or hit a specific target temperature.

Apart from that, if you are using electricity rather than gas, microwaving is faster and more efficient.

Because I want hot water in 2 minutes not 15.

Based woke cyanide pill user.

*blocks your path*

Attached: file.png (480x360, 171K)

>steel or even better cast iron kettle
>cyanide

> Tefal
So it's either shortlived shit, or if it's not they already pulled the product off the market.

hot water is for pussies, i drink ice with my breakfast oats

Other companies also do things like this. It's just a coffee machine without the coffee part.

Just turn the hot faucet bro

Enjoy your water explosions

this, moj brat

Even without my reservations about Tefal specifically, I figure I'd go with a conventional electrical kettle or something like because either is likely easier to descale.

And it's not like they're less efficient / slower at heating up water.

Weaklings

Attached: 5157.jpg (420x420, 14K)

>And it's not like they're less efficient / slower at heating up water.
But this kettles keeps warm water vs Tefal's solution is to heat up cold water instantly that saves electricity.

>heat up cold water instantly that saves electricity.
>Tefal's solution

Based soviet tech

Do Americans not drink tea / coffee at work?
I can't imagine you all gather around in the kitchen waiting for a pot to boil on the company stove.

americans only drink coke

Kek, but in all seriousness though what do Americans actually drink at work?

I happen to be an expert on this subject.
My prime suspicion is they drink Monster Energy Drink™

get a hotplate and a cafe-style glass stovetop kettle.
it takes up the same amount of space, boils quickly, the parts that you care about are glass, if it breaks, it's easy to replace (the glass kettles have been around as long as diners and hotplates will be around for as long as labs are.), all the parts work well, and it's inexpensive.
that's what i do anyway.

I drink water at work
having caffeinated drinks makes me sleepy around 5 hours after I drink it

The patricians choice whistles when the water is cooking

2K18 : Not owning a (pic related) patrician french-made Tefal quick and hot (providing hot water in 30s).

Attached: 20181216_133525_HDR-1.jpg (1909x2619, 1.13M)

Conventional electrical kettles warm up the same quantity of water with the same method, you just dispense it all at the end by lifting and angling the kettle rather than having it pumped up.

As for the Zojirushi - as far as I could tell the one I saw was very well-insulated. Spec sheet says 20W @ 98°, 17W @90°, 14W @ 80° to keep warm. For contrast, to get those 4L water from like 20 to 90°, it's something like 330Wh, right? And I'm not sure how much heat you'd "loose" in the metal of a heating element of a flow through heater. Might not be a big difference.

In America, they walk down to the Starcucks (one on every corner) and pay for over-expensive shit tasting coffee to go. Large tech companies even have a Starcucks in the cafeteria.

Attached: starcucks.jpg (226x223, 14K)

>For contrast, to get those 4L water from like 20 to 90°, it's something like 330Wh, right?
But you are keeping 1L+ of water warm vs heating 0.2L for you tea

>burning your fucking tea

shit let's just import a drink without any knowledge of how to properly prepare it because we wouldn't know good food if we sat in it
t. England

That possibly might just make it worse for the pass-through heater?

If you're always putting heat into a heating element for 0.2L water draw, then it cools off again, then you pull 0.2L again, warming up that metal might actually loose a decent amount of power itself.

Meanwhile the
> 20W @ 98°, 17W @90°, 14W @ 80°
are pretty much what they are.

>20W @ 98°, 17W @90°, 14W @ 80°
@24/7
While pass-througt heater element has very low self heat capacity compared to water.

Mate I thought that was a fucking toilet at first sight

32 oz plastic cup
3.5 minutes
big whoop

disgusting

Might be 10W average if you get a timer and the temperature drops [leading to less heat loss] while you work and sleep.

But I'm still going to guess it might not be that little that is lost in a flow through heater's heating element.
I imagine such a heater's metal parts heated to 120° [designed to warm water flowing through it to 90°] could still put srs burn marks on half a kindergarten before they're cool enough.

In numbers: 1kg of water in tank reqire 4,1806*75 kJ to just heat from 25 to 100.
While heating element from let's say 0.1kg copper require 0,385*75 kJ to heat.

Thats per kilo values btw

>not setting the temperature manually for your pour-over coffee
I wish it didn't cost an arm and a leg

Attached: bonavita.jpg (1500x1500, 141K)

And 20Wh keeping heat is basically 72kJ that is enough to heating 0.1kg copper element ~3000 times.

2400w = W ~= V x I = 120v*I
I= 200
120v = V = I x R = 200 * R
R=0.6
For 240v it R would be 2.4, so producing for 120v is cheaper

>1kg of water in tank reqire 4,1806*75 kJ to just heat from 25 to 100.
Turns out 1kg of water in a flow-through heater also does that, even if you draw it in 200g batches.

The actual thing is that you either got the heat loss of the flow-through element that I just say might be cooled down every time between use, or the 14W or whatever of loss through the insulation of a kettle that just keeps a batch of water warm.

cringe and bluepilled.

Read this. Metals got very low heat capacitance, so..

>I= 200

Attached: 61gXkjKrF-L._SX425_.jpg (425x486, 33K)

just a small miscalculation

Q = I^2 * R * t
So no, if your resistance is lower you heat slower. So shittier kettle, price =/= quality.
No clue why you're taking I as the constant in this scenario though, the resistor and expected time is what you can control in the manufacturing.

I have one of these. They are worth it if you brew coffee, tea or even use hot water bottles (100C is too much, 80C is great temp)

>just a small miscalculation

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

>So no, if your resistance is lower you heat slower.
Assuming the current is constant, yes. Normally, it is the voltage that is held constant.

>Q = I^2 * R * t
Q=I*IR*t=VIt=120*20*t
or Q=240*10*t
same difference

>higher value resistors are more expensive to produce

Attached: wat-2.png (700x700, 362K)

I would probably go with a Zojirushi, but I mostly heat water with my natural gas burning stove as electricity is much more expensive than gas here. My coffee maker heats it's own water...

My instant water heater for the house also runs on natural gas.

there's no thing as a ½ minute you tard

Literally one of the cheapies with discrete, non-integrated element. I don't know why, but the ones with integrated elements are much, much noisier. Also the ones that aren't over-designed tend to have more internal space for modifications.

Attached: electric-kettle-heating-element-500x500.jpg (500x500, 30K)

>heating plastic in a microwave
Enjoy your cancer.

>900 W max
Haha right m7, have fun waiting half an hour for ur earl grey to finish.

my favorite drink is onions milk heated in microwave in a BPA plastic cup, do you think that could be reason why my gf left me for some other dude?

>X-raying your water

>900 W
most are 1500 W nowadays

Attached: lolusa.png (612x386, 65K)

did that happen in america?

>2.4GHz
>x-ray
dumbass

That's for microwave+grill combined

>have a quick look around online
>most are in fact rated for 700-800 W
>even the ones that are ten times more expensive than the cheap ones

Attached: Cuisinart-CPK-17-PerfecTemp-Stainless-Steel-Cordless-Electric-Kettle.jpg (1170x1500, 99K)

Now highlight where in that text it says that higher-valued resistors are more expensive to produce, or did you reply to the wrong post?

>did that happen in america?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse

I use this for tea, works really well.

Attached: 999999-061283108227.jpg (309x460, 17K)

florida is too hot, it melted?

>there's no thing as a ½ minute you tard
Americans are this dumb.

sorry, I didn't expect you guys to actually check, but I stand corrected
I'm in Brazil and I specifically bought a 1500 W microwave because I found my previous one of 700 W lacking

>Americans are this dumb.
how would you know?
besides, check your fucking microwave
you can't enter decimals in it
therefore you can't do half a minute
check mate

youtube.com/watch?v=slDAvewWfrA

They hired women

I don't understand this push for electricity when natural gas is so fucking cheaper
just use an stove

Attached: R204WM.jpg (1545x1545, 284K)

>needing two different energy supplies instead of one
Yeah, it's so strange that not everyone wants this.

That was the feminist bridge, wasn't it?

Attached: microwave-timer-setting.jpg?fit=590%2C332&ssl=1.jpg (590x332, 17K)

Your number seems off. I get 0.385J per gram and Kelvin * 100 gram * 75 Kelvin ~= 2.9kJ for 100g of copper.

But I guess if it's actually only the equivalent to 100g of copper that warms up [which we really haven't determined], that's standby power wise quite a bit more power efficient; I guess you'd see a few cents difference per day in the overall power consumption.

>50Hz vs 60Hz
which one, Jow Forums?

>you can't enter decimals
that's why you get one with dials, the way it's meant to be
>inb4 ovenphile generals

Attached: 1544885862138.jpg (990x881, 187K)

if you have 120v, stove or microwave makes more sense
Else a kettle is faster

Which kettle is made from all glass / steel? All of them appear to have some sort of plastics parts that come in contact with hot water...