The Epic Games Store launcher

When you thought Steam was bad enough.
So is this launcher safe or is it a Chinese botnet?
How could we even tell?

They're trying real hard to compete and get a good leg into the market. What with flaunting exclusives and "free" games, but is it worth it? Can it be trusted?
Is the competition worth it? And why does the industry love DRM so damn, damn much?

Attached: logo.jpg (878x494, 13K)

Steam is a DRM.

Don't know about other games, but I was able to pull Subnautica out of the folder it installed to, throw it on an SD card, and then put it on another computer where it worked DRM-free. My understanding is that they're allowing devs to put DRM on their games if they want it though.

>why does the industry love DRM so damn much
because they at the very least need to push the date of the crack by some weeks/months to gather as much revenue as they could get and then abandoned ship when it's cracked.

>EA

steam's only fault is being proprietary, they literally have done nothing wrong since its inception.

company is 40% chink, what did you expect?

DRM is wrong even if it were open source.

t. commie
if I write a books should you be able to publish it under your name? retard

They keep suggesting games that are incompatible with my distro, both in my queue and otherwise. Like why the fuck would I want to see some winshit only game.

Intellectual property legislation is literally communism.

its a safe heaven for companies that dont like critisism
since it gives the ability to the parent company to delete messages..

Fpbp

How do you feel about them recently dropping support for Windows XP? That means you won't be able to install games you bought that only ran on XP, anymore. Vista/7 games will be next. This was the moment I realized Steam as a DRM-enabled platform, while maybe not inherently evil, must be avoided.

DRM-free games exist on steam, blame the developers for being DRM. GOG is also good, but steam gets needless hate.

You can change the settings so it only shows GNU/Linux games.

Steam itself has DRM.

Kys

so just like steam

But steam itself isn't DRM. Elsewhere even GOG would be considered DRM.

epic games launcher is a chinese-american botnet
AVOID

communism is literally the abolition of private property. IP is literally property rights.

just read their license. they share everything with china, and once china gets it they dont care if you want to remove your info or not, its theirs. also there are games from tencent that abused the amount of info they get, they harvest more than they say they do. its botnet

You don't know what you're talking about. Steam has DRM, you (usually) can't play games from Steam without Steam running and being logged in your account.

if steam itself is drm you woudn't have to qualify that statement you just made with usually...

its not mandatory, its the devs who decided they want it

Do you have the reading skill of a 3 year old? I never said steam HAS no DRM, I just pointed out that it itself IS NOT DRM.

The chinese already know you're a loser. No one cares op. Steam is a DRM botnet as well. They're the fucking OG,

Information isn't private property nor is it a property of any kind.

Wrong

Steam is DRM because it is the software that's restricting the use of the other software you bought.

wrong

Attached: 1331393320750.jpg (345x345, 50K)

Wrong. Developers have a choice whether to require the SteamDRM or Steam Launcher when running a game.
Plenty of games from steam do not require this. This is a choice by developers and not a requirement of steam.

Kys, you retarded Jew. If I buy a product then it should be mine to do whatever I want with.

>(((Communism)))
>hey let's give away control over (((patents/copyrights/IP))) to the government so that there can't be any competition
>it doesn't matter if any individual or a company wants to improve these products, that shouldn't be allowed
>Information shouldn't be free and there shouldn't be free speech. Nobody should be allowed to actually own products, it's all government owned.

>(((Corporatism/Totalitarian Capitalism)))
>hey let's give away control over (((patents/copyrights/IP))) to these few companies so that there can't be any competition
>it doesn't matter if any individual or a company wants to improve these products, that shouldn't be allowed
>Information shouldn't be free and there shouldn't be free speech. Nobody should be allowed to actually own products, it's all government owned.

Patents, copyright and intellectual property are the biggest fucking scam and should be illegal. They're just slowing down the overall development and freedom of mankind.

>They're just slowing down the overall development and freedom of mankind.

Is it, when it is close to the literall opposite in China and they still make inferior grade shit and there only way to get ahead is to steal intellectual data

Not him but they used to have this but they removed it

The US isn't China

>They stopped supporting a 17 y-o OS
Oh the horror

if information isn't property than fraud isn't a crime.
if you agree it should be a crime to improperly use someone's name than you agree with trademarks.

Steam Play lets you play Winshit games on Linux now

0/10 for making me check

Attached: ScreenShot_20181216113843.png (1432x711, 84K)

Is that plus an OR statement?

>meanwhile AMD was nearly killed by Intel because muh x86
>now that AMD finally has the money to fight back it became obvious that Intel was stealing money and overpricing their products

>if information isn't property than fraud isn't a crime.
How did you come up with this?
>if you agree it should be a crime to improperly use someone's name
I don't.

windows xp is used by 0.11% of all steam users
vista 64bit had < 0.06% usage rate

they said it will not be supported, not that you wont have a workaround to install games from steam while running windows xp os

go pirate your games little bitch, if I want to buy a game I will do it on steam

use windows xp? what are you afraid of man, just get on 10 or doa dual boot man

Chink botnet.

I don't see why valve would waste time on making steam XP-compatible when you should never connect a computer running an unsupported version of windows to the Internet.

they also don't support Linux 2.4, oh shock (17 years old kernel version)

TIANANMEN SQUARE MASSACRE 1989

>Valve gets a competitor
>forced to reduce fees on sold games
>less money pouring in
>less money to spend on experiments
>significantly less work gets done for Linux gaming
>Linux desktop never
LMAO