Why aren't you buying/building a 3D printer right now?

Why aren't you buying/building a 3D printer right now?
autopia.neocities.org/

Attached: 3g.jpg (628x472, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cen.acs.org/materials/3-d-printing/3-D-printer-emissions-raise/96/i13
peopoly.net/products/moai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because I don't want to print any gay ass figurines

because im on a train to pick up my gf at her college

Because I already have one

>train
So it's because you're poor?

STL sauce?

user he has a girlfriend in college, of course he's poor.

How can he have a GF if he's poor?

i bet your girlfriend gets a train run on her every night at college by Jamal and his pack

why 3d print waifus? There's VR

I have one, and I’ve had it for about a year. I still cannot find anything to do with it, so I guess I’ll just sell it.

I have an Ender 3.

a rotary engine

Attached: 3d-printed-mazda-rotary-engine.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Good thing you have a 3d printer. You're going to need all the PLA you can get to keep up with printing replacement Apex seals.

I have one.

that said, the person who printed that is a fucking retard.

either they are going to have a hell of a time making a mold for it, or they have no fucking clue how to do a figure.

If they are going to acitone bath it, they loose all detail
if they sand it, they will never get it smooth
if they leave it as is, they will see the layers and the flawed layers FAR better then the shit image implies

first, you use the 3d printer to get a base thing printed, and you print it in at least 5 parts with 0 overhang. take the shit apart and put it together, don't worry about not looking great, this was just a way to prevent wasted print material and to also be able to skip some cleanup that would come along with needing to support some of this shit.

you make a silicone mold and put a resin inside, something sandable and to some extent culpable. it comes out with all the bullshit intact

you sand it down till its perfect and mold it again, and this one is your final piece.

watching people do finished shit like this, just fuck you, you only do this if you have anything besides a fdm printer

it kinda looks like an sla print on a fdm printbed to me, I don't see any marks from the supports or anything

>printing 2d waifus in 3d
Wtf are you doing?

Attached: 1468617959631.jpg (975x548, 148K)

>this is the most severe case of pussyitis i've ever seen

The gf is why he's poor

I met mine when I was poor as well. They aren't all after money. Well, they might be in your area. I can't say for sure. In that case sucks to be you.

that's high res printing alright

Any good affordable SLA ones yet?

I built one last year out of garbage.

Whenever something breaks I take it apart to salvage "useful" components. As a result I'm forced to undertake projects were I build shit otherwise all I'd functionally achieve is Hoarding useless shit.

I enjoyed it and learnt a bit along the way, I'm currently printing parts for a Prusa i3 clone.

im glad seth is getting regular check ups

I already own a Prusa i3

Where can I download 18+ figurines to print?

the inside of the leg on the left girl, that is way to lumpy, either that is a shitty print, or that is support marks, keep in mind, support only needs to be where overhang is 45 degrees or more and there is a bit of a gap,

also, this is such a shit quality image, yet I can still see layer lines, something even bad sla printers no longer do, at least not to this extent.

fpbp

Because I already have two of them.

Currently renovating my newly purchased house, I have two of these babies (one built myself, second purchased from uni's sale), but haven't worked on them this year. Made some cool cases, small parts and figurines before.

Cool hobby, I plan to learn making more once I'm done with the renovation. Printers are under blankets rn, so they wont get covered with dust, woyld take too much time to show them to you.

I want riajuu to leave.

Because the lines on anything printed makes it ugly, it takes hours to print anything, and it can't automatically color it like a real printer.
Call me back when we can 3D print commercial-grade anime figures in under 2 hours.

I already did.

Absolutely seething.

so never, as those use molds instead of printers

Because I'm not spending several hundred bucks so I can print low quality burry shit that has a value of a few pennies.

It's like spending several hundred bucks or more on a pizza oven so you can make your own inferior pizza at home, when you could use the same money to have much tastier pizza delivered to your doorstep several dozen times.

I have a friend who professionally builds them. I don’t need one, I can just ask him to make things for me. He normally is cool with a test print.

Because I have access to a half a million dollar professional 3d printer. I don't need shitty toys. FDM is shit and will continue to be shit.

Attached: objet print.jpg (540x271, 39K)

FPBP

got one last weekend. printed 3 shitthings from thingivers. am bored by it now

Voltaire's a cute little romantic, but never put his finger on anything but a particular kind of human smallness. Too much of the coffee bean if you ask me.

Grow up manchild

Enjoy your cancer.
cen.acs.org/materials/3-d-printing/3-D-printer-emissions-raise/96/i13

Prove it faggot

Don't need to. You wouldn't care about what I print anyway. I don't print anime figurines you manchild. You're just jelly.

Attached: objet-multimaterial.jpg (3650x1997, 1.65M)

kek...he doesn't want that fivehead expanding to a sixhead.

>gf
sure pal

Attached: 1544748667103.png (700x563, 522K)

I like how 3D-Printers are marketed like they're a useful product when it's actually a toy for nu-males.
>dude look, I printed out that case for my Raspberry Pi
>look, I printed out this cool half-molten Darth Vader helmet figure
I use 3D printers for prototyping at work, but that's a whole different story.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

>I'm not a child that prints figurines, a sophisticated individual like me only prints the finest squishy balls

This but unironically.

Damn it, I had hoped to go my whole life without typing that.

The author of that website is an absolute retard.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (655x719, 63K)

>Three graces
Nice taste user. But if you'll do this theme, you should know that the graces are basically supposed to be dancing, although not all paintings/sculptures make it obvious.
Here the stance of the outer girls is too un-dancy, because they stand with legs wide apart and both bearing weight (and while I know shit about dancing, that's not a position that is usable there). They should be in contrapost or some similar posture where the weight is on one leg.

At least that goes for the canonical position with one girl's front facing the opposite direction. I guess lot's of depictions are fairly static and just look like them standing around and/or simply lezzing out, so it's not a big mistake. I wonder if I was thrown off by the fact that the stance is not relaxed more than the notdancing.

Attached: tresgraciaslouvre.jpg (1600x1200, 177K)

Composting toilets exist, you know
What do you even need sewers for, when you can recycle your own shit?

your gf is ugly lol

enjoy your cholera.

I have an FDM printer collecting dust already.
I have tweaked, tuned the shit out of it, even machined some parts for mechanical precision and rigidity.

Still FDM technology is not good enough for anything I have interest in.

I'm waiting for the cheap chinese knockoffs of Prusa SL1 to drop.
Hopefully I'll get better at 3d sculpting at that time.

I wouldn't really know what to print besides some boxes/enclosures.
more interested in a small router, as it would be faster to dremel and drill PCBs than edging them.
any recommendations that would handle eurocard size?

Attached: sodder.png (320x320, 36K)

your attempt to retort has failed immensely you have to leave now goodbye.

Imagine the shit streaks she's getting on that thong getting lost up her butt crack.

>Even in Ancient Greece, thots gonna thot

Are you fucking gay?

>Prusa SL1
Lmao, the prusa SL1 is the chink knockoff you retard. The Wanhao duplicator 7 and Anycubic photon have been on the market for ages. You can even get an actual laser SLA printer, like the moai, for the same cost. The only thing the Prusa adds over the chink ones is the tilt bed, which the moai has too, except the moai came out like 2 years ago.

because its a waste of effort and money if what you really want is a working 3d printer

you can get a complete working printer that makes great prints out of the box for under $200.

If what you really want is a multi month long project, go ahead and build one.

I have 3 working printers and a fourth that needs so many replacement parts its close to a DIY project. its gonna be a pain in the ass getting that fourth printer fixed

The Charities were actually noble and respectable in Greek mythology. It was the Romans who fucked it up (as usual), and what you're looking at there is a much later Renaissance work.
The Renaissance artists were also under the impression such thottery was Greek in origin; Unbeknownst to them most of their "Greek" works were Roman copies, and thus had many Roman originals interspersed with no way to tell.

A statement fitting for the voice of plebeians.

>come to technology board on an anime website
>get an art history lecture
This world is full of wonder.

The 3D printers I could afford can't print anything like this, even without the color and transparency.

Basically, the affordable models are not good enough for me to care.

Attached: vocaloid-4-18-scale-prepainted-figure-library-stardust-490297.1.jpg (1500x1500, 215K)

I would pay $5k for something of that quality, maybe more. It doesn't even exist though.

But I did

Waiting on some parts to rebuild it hopefully for the last time. I enjoyed building and tinkering for a while, but once I got into modeling my focus has shifted to just wanting a printer that works. Believe it or not it started as an Anet A8, but by next rebuild only the smooth rods, steppers and heated bed will be from the A8. I stopped for a while because it was just too loud, I tried almost everything and finally just said fuck it and bought a duet wifi 1.03 on the 11.11 sale.

I don't think I regret not buying a Prusa mk3 instead, I learned a decent amount and actually have a better printer for around the same price if not less.

Attached: 20181216_222042.jpg (2080x3580, 1.47M)

No manufacturing process can make that except a person manually placing the decals and painting it. That's why waifushit is expensive, some chinese slave personally painted your shit

Build a corexy, much more efficient use of volume. And the duet wifi will make the printer itself nearly silent, the problem then will be finding sufficiently quiet fans for cooling the hotend and print coolers.

Shit, you're right. We need to being back slavery, actual slavery, so I can buy a person who shall thenceforth be my artificer until their inevitable suicide. Also one for sex, same terms, same suicide if not sooner.

Attached: bodaciousspacepirates7.jpg (574x574, 68K)

most waifu shit comes in parts, that are fairly easy to bas paint mechanically,

that said there are a few processes that can do this with color, but you would need to go over it with a matte finish as to make it smooth it also makes it shiny.

fdm gets you the rough figures and shapes, which you mold out to a person that is sandable and which you mold out into the final version. if you have an fdm that can do a 20 micron layer, it likely also has a retardedly fine nozzle, so it can do fine detail pretty well to boot. you still want to resin, but 20 micron with a fine nozzle is really hitting the why bother territory.

1200-1300$
peopoly.net/products/moai
shits out retardedly good prints, but has a flaw that makes it a cheaper laser resin printer.

>shits out retardedly good prints, but has a flaw that makes it a cheaper laser resin printer.
What flaw?

I believe it makes a wave by tilting the bed, I have watched quite a few different methods for raising and lowering the material, some of them are fucking genius, some are just fuck it we got money, but I can't think of one that has a tilt method.

it reminds me of the powder printers where they push the material over and then scrape it back or wave soldering. haven't watched it too much so I can't say but about 1/3 of the print bed is considered to be a risk area of the print failing.

that said, the way they do it has taken resin printing from 2500-5000$ down to 1300 for something quality.

the peachy printer, which had a solid foundation, seems to have completely failed so this would be among if not the cheapest resin printers. there are cheaper methods if you already have the projector, but those can cost 5000~ just for the projector not to mention the printer you set it up with.

The prusa and some others also use a tilt mechanism, what else is there besides some fancy, expensive solution?

>$5K
That's cute. You can buy a printer that does this for 3/4 of a million dollars. You could probably modify a 2d printer to do this for much cheaper. People have actually done this. Kits don't exist because of patent laws.
You insolent fool, perhaps you should print yourself a brain? Pic related

Attached: J570-head.jpg (640x574, 140K)

Fixed my refrigerator door

Attached: fridge.jpg (1853x1430, 174K)

still a work in progress

Attached: front 1.jpg (1915x864, 136K)

U jelly Jow Forums? This is an actual print from a high end 3d printer you'll never be able to afford.

Attached: j750-hand.jpg (1500x1219, 179K)

can you believe it Jow Forums? The world's most advanced 3d printers are being used to make fucking shoe mock ups. Or really just shitty models people can show off at board rooms and trade shoes. You'll never be able to print your waifu with these machines. This won't change for the forseeable future because there's no market for it. The home 3d printing market will never improve because consumers are satisfied with shitty FDM printers from china. 3d printers with this quality could be as cheap as high end inkjet printers, this one probably even uses the same inkjet heads as 2d printers.

Attached: J750-shoes.jpg (1000x814, 120K)

I find elaborate ways of being off topic more enjoyable than most on-topic discussions.

no, this one, I believe this one specifically, is a stupidly good resin printer. the company behind it only rents the machines and time on the machines.

the reason people are ok with fdm is simple, resin costs to fucking much and fdm is extruded plastic, the moment extruders for home use were made, people could buy pellets and never touch the expensive pre extruded shit again.

then if you are doing anything important, renting time on a powder printer or resin is FAR cheaper then owning a good one, and as of now, there are no production ready 3d printers, every single one of them, while they may shit out production ready parts, fails in the sense that they take to long to make the parts, so you are either selling very low volume or you are selling at very large costs.

point being, if you want something good with fdm, is how you do it

if you got a bit of money, is more then you likely needed, and if you demand or you rend time because quarter million is the starting cost of these printers.
same with metal printers, shit just costs to much even if the material you could use would be relatively cheap.

all the patents on fdm I believe are up, the nest one is sls if I remember correctly, possibly the binder printers.

now on the fmd side, if I remember right, there was a 5-8 head printer that could be 5-8 different colors, and there was also a printer that would custom mix colors but im not sure if anything ever came of those.

FDM sucks. FDM will continue to suck because it can't scale. You can't beat inkjets. Line deposition>point deposition.
>>quarter million
ahem, 3/4 of a million

haha imagine they smell, like if you went through her washing basket and sniffed it, how weird would that be haha

>train = poor
thats what burgers literally think

Let me guess, you also have a Raspberry Pi and a go pro and don't know what to do with it?

>whats up guys i have a gf
stop posting

Attached: 1541050969645.jpg (529x727, 359K)

Yeah, you wouldn't be using public transport if you had a car. Expensive parking isn't an excuse, if you weren't poor you would be able to afford it.

That's not it at all. In Europe they have decent public transportation, so more than just poor people use it.

i already got two printer

Can I 3D print my apex seals now?

>poor
What a sad existance it must be to have to depend on the tangible evidence of material things to validate your self worth

Did you print your penis too?

Stop talking shit about my gf, you sick bastards.

Yes, and then I put it in your mom's butthole.

Jow Forums - Incels

Nigga, I live in a big Euro city and having a car donwtown is just a retarded idea. There just aren't any parking lots. I'd have to drive around min. 20 minutes to find one and then have to walk a fair bit to my flat.
Public transportation is king here. Btw. trains are fucking expensive here. Poorfags use the bus which costs a fraction of the train.
Also bicycles are, other than what burgers think, not a meme. I'm faster on the bike than any car in town.

because it's not viable for home users to get a printer that works metal, and i have a contact that can do metal printing jobs at work

based