Object-Oriented Programming is Bad, Embarrassing Garbage

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-TmEJPdEZgbCBpndqG1BA91v1OYN__b_

Attached: OOP is bad embarassing garbage.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yegor256.com/2016/08/15/what-is-wrong-object-oriented-programming.html
harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/_pdf/Pitfalls_of_Object_Oriented_Programming_GCAP_09.pdf
medium.com/@cscalfani/goodbye-object-oriented-programming-a59cda4c0e53
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t unemployed

op is unemployed neetard with no enterprise experience thinking everything should be done in c using vim and gentoo.

/thread

You keep telling yourself that to spare yourself from the full force of my god intellect

if he is that much into c he can also go into embedded

>use java
>no issues
>get paid enough sheckles to escape jew york to soon work in a yob where I can build

not op.i hate c but oop is truly trash.i wish we had a language like java but with either procedural programming or data-oriented.

yegor256.com/2016/08/15/what-is-wrong-object-oriented-programming.html

harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/_pdf/Pitfalls_of_Object_Oriented_Programming_GCAP_09.pdf

medium.com/@cscalfani/goodbye-object-oriented-programming-a59cda4c0e53

For someone who wants to get into programming and get a job is java good or python? Im only interested in one of the two. Preferebly java because i used to write/edit scripts as a kid, like 14 years ago.

Kotlin is a JVM language that supports procedural programming.

Learning both isn't hard at all, but definitely Java with its enterprise popularity.

> they don't know about Lombok
> they don't know about Spring Boot
> they don't know JPA/Hibernate/spring-data
Java is backend king for a reason, functional programming is for annoying nerds and OO will continue to rule supreme.

Lately, the change at which the Java language evolves has increased again. C# has more features than your mom has had dicks in her mouth.

Scala and F# are not really picking up speed. No one cares about Haskell.

Even all versions of JS, the most used language in the world, are moving towards healthy OO & encapsulation. JS/Ecmascript itself is about to get private members (babyl 7 stage 3) and then there is Type Script, which is pretty much Java/C# at this point.

gay and uni-professor-brainwash pilled

If you have the choice, go with C# instead of Java. The Java ecosystem is already showing its age and if you want to do enterprise work in Java you're almost exclusively going to work with old monolithic software and quickly exhaust any sort of passion you ever had for programming. C# and .NET on the other hand has received a massive face lift in the last few years and is the number one enterprise software language for new and actually fun-to-develop projects.

Awful video, OOP can be programmed in a procedural style. It's the most powerful paradigm because of the operator "new".

Literally 1/10 the job market and not expected to outgrow java in the next century. Also

>MUH MONOLOTHIC ARCHITECTURE
>new fun projects
No one is using .NET for micro service or serverless. If you need something more modern vert.x is the leader in performance and literally only shills are going to unironically use c#

c++/python beginner here. What's bad about OOP? Once I learned abstraction and got the hang of it (still learning of course), I liked it and use it all the time

If OOP is bad in the long run, what should I be learning as an alternative? Just stick to procedural?

Attached: 6e6a42293807fa9a317ce4e970b4b64a.jpg (1024x1343, 143K)

>go through first link
>see quotes of famous people
>zero arguments
>zero examples
And this is why I do not take this shit seriously.

>36 views

Not giving you ad money you retarded NEET.

>Literally 1/10 the job market
Literally doesn't matter when 9 out of 10 Java shops are code sweatshops where talent goes to die. If you value having an actually gratifying job you want to stay as far away from the Java world as possible.
>No one is using .NET for micro service or serverless.
Ignoring that this is a patently outdated and/or false sentiment, it's ridiculous to suggest that "new and interesting" is limited to microservices, serverless and other FOTM technical solutions and not the subject and goals of the projects themselves. No sane startup or offshoot is going to write their new project in Java.

The only real flaw of OOP is inheritance. Class members, interfaces and access modifiers are good and can easily be implemented as zero-cost abstractions.

Attached: web.png (506x662, 312K)

The cat-v one is the only one worth reading, but it only applies to real-time systems that are memory heavy.

The whole argument against OOP is that memory is SLOW compared to CPU and OOP design induces lots of cache misses, etc which cost you performance in memory latency which is now hundreds of cycles on today's computers.

That's a playlist you complete and utter fucking entropy increasing, mindlessly consuming, onions devouring BRAINLET