Thoughts on 970 evo?

thoughts on 970 evo?

Attached: 43746_P_1526020940309.jpg (800x800, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

photographylife.com/m-2-nvme-drive-overheating-failure
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6vtov5/is_my_samsung_960_pro_m2_drive_running_too_hot/
tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-storage,4058.html#p9
camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/product/B07BN217QG
storagereview.com/samsung_ssd_970_evo_review?fbclid=IwAR3LN4IyRN_3nISuMyEQMX3Jy6FfKjLQJkx0dzryXSNbsA-KCaPCt976ir4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's an SSD

not a pro.

He's a small guy.

waste of money at the moment. 860 evo is less than half the price and will be way more than sufficient for almost every realistic use case

I have the 2TB version. It works. Also 5 years warranty is good.

owo

so the trick is to run it down before the 5 years pass?

experiment

sounds like a plan. they will have to replace it with something equivalent in price in the future as in 5 years i guess there wont be any more 970 evos

I bought one in the Black Friday sales. £175 for 1 TB. Don't even have an M.2 slot.

if you're buying that shit for gayman, just get the cheapest PCIe m.2 SSD instead because it won't make a difference in muh load times.

Buy a pcie adapter

I replaced a SATA SSD with it. I'm not using UEFI mode since my ancient graphics card doesn't support UEFI, so I have CSM enabled and my PC boots in legacy mode.

The SATA SSD in question is so fucking run down, it reads at 300 and writes at like 80 megabytes per second.

The 970 EVO benchmarks 2800/2800 megabytes per second. Boot times are identical with the aforementioned SATA SSD. Identical delays when opening programs. Only browsing feels a little snappier.

I feel cheated.

it's good as fuck m8
waitin for the 1tb to reach 175 or less

for you

name one use case that non-faggots do that makes the 970 evo worth it over the 860 evo

loading literally any file from storage to RAM

wrong. there's literally no perceptible difference in game loading times which is where loading files from storage to ram is most visible

for you.
good try buddy, but you're wrong.

here comes a shitload of benchmarks to prove you wrong. feel free to justify your retard position in the face of actual evidence to the contrary

Attached: stupid_faggot1.jpg (711x457, 35K)

Attached: stupid_faggot2.jpg (711x457, 32K)

wrong
nobody said gaymes, except you, fucking /v/irgin...

these aren't just games, you stupid faggot

Attached: stupid_faggot3.jpg (711x457, 37K)

>w-w-woorld of warcraft is n-not just a g-game. i-it's life!

Attached: stupid_faggot4.jpg (711x457, 33K)

piece of shit, overpriced and prone to heating up
buy the 2.5" 860 evo

it has no overheating issues.

Attached: stupid_faggot5.jpg (711x457, 39K)

Attached: stupid_faggot6.jpg (711x457, 37K)

>posts meme benches
none of those use disks much, idiot. nobody gives a fuck about tom's inaccurate, bad benches, either.
why not post something that actually uses the disks?

Attached: stupid_faggot7.jpg (711x457, 38K)

like i said, give one single use case that anyone would give a fuck about. you can't

Attached: stupid_faggot8.jpg (711x457, 36K)

checked and based

Attached: stupid_faggot9.jpg (711x457, 38K)

Attached: stupid_faggot10.jpg (711x457, 32K)

JEE WILLIKERS look at that heavy workload on the disks! WOW!
it's almost as if single, garbage programs, don't actually use the disk that much
fucking retard..

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-16 14-03-16.png (574x103, 7K)

Attached: stupid_faggot11.jpg (711x457, 36K)

redpilled and BTFO
autist benchmark spammer on suicide watch

photographylife.com/m-2-nvme-drive-overheating-failure
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6vtov5/is_my_samsung_960_pro_m2_drive_running_too_hot/
happens all the time
>compressing SATA components into a piddly m2 card
>expecting temperatures to remain good
desu tbhh

Charts without scales being defined aren't much use. what are the units on the x axis?

that's not a use case. nice try, samefagger

Attached: stupid_faggot12.jpg (711x457, 34K)

>960
idiot
>absolute state of winfags is using 1 program at a time
guess that's your limit on tablet operating systems

Attached: stupid_faggot13.jpg (711x457, 36K)

What do you expect from retard tom? he can't tell his ass from his face.
>being this retarded
>>>/kys/

feel try to actually describe your use case, how long you need those sustained speeds, etc. you literally cannot contract the fact that most people don't need to speed the money for a 970 evo.

Attached: stupid_faggot14.jpg (711x457, 33K)

Attached: stupid_faggot15.jpg (711x457, 37K)

stfu nigger
the memory controllers will heat the fuck up no matter what, kys
always buy SATA SSDs kids

Attached: stupid_faggot16.jpg (711x457, 35K)

I bought one of these as a main drive. Windows is 10-15x faster than a Seagate SSHD.

tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-storage,4058.html#p9

Attached: stupid_faggot17.jpg (711x457, 35K)

Attached: stupid_faggot18.jpg (711x457, 33K)

>autist is still spamming and has to reply to people to get more (you)'s
sad

Attached: stupid_faggot19.jpg (711x457, 37K)

He's not wrong
there's no benefits whatsoever in buying Pro. Or M2 form factor SSDs, either.

The replies are to respond to specific posts. Sorry that you're buttmad and gay and probably wasted a lot of money on an SSD that you didn't need. Anyway, this is the last one. Feel free to contradict any of this. You can't.

Attached: stupid_faggot20.jpg (711x457, 34K)

Read the link, it does not describe what the x axis is measuring, is it seconds, ms?
Even in seconds there are negligible differences, so Im not sure what point you are trying to make by shitting up the thread with pictures instead of just explaining your point.

m.2 form factor are entirely beneficial and unrelated to nvme. They're the same price and far smaller. idiot
that isn't even the fucking topic at hand nor discussed here. It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

the OP is talking about the m2 970 evo, it's a shit choice considering he can buy the 860 evo which is a 2.5" ssd that won't heat up and is way cheaper
kys

the 860 evo also comes in m.2 form factor

what program is this?

No. He's talking about m.2 NVME 970 evo, idiot.

It's just an arbitrary score like a 3dmark score and the like. the point is that there are only negligible performance differences between last-gen's SATA SSDs and the latest-gen's NVMe stuff. The vast majority of people buying SSDs should stick to SATA SSDs, especially when they're less than half the price.

No, he was right. 970 has no heat issues. Only the 960 did.
nmon, it is far better than htop.

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-16 14-27-48.png (749x794, 107K)

>NVMEme
SATA 860 evo is a way better deal in every form

Makes sense, especially when even on an arbitrary scale it's bordering on margins of error

pretty nice, thanks man

How did they fix the temps on the controller owo

Incorrect.
Cool, but as stated by 20 other guys, none of your graphs matter nor are accurate.

Yea check it out, it has hotkeys for monitoring near everything. I use "c and d" hotkeys when I open it. which is cpu and disk. n is network.. on startup it tells you a ll of them. So you can switch between them on the fly or display all of them at once. Far too much to show in 1 screenshot.
heatspreader and it is an entirely different version of the controller, and it takes less than half the wattage to run... Lookup reviews, some run it 30 hours of non stop writing and it doesn't have heat issues. the end. It certainly gets hot, though.

>1tb 860 evo sata - $200
>1tb 970 evo m2 - $486
who buys this shit

Even in the States the price difference is over $200, just fucking lol at this shit value

some of the retards in this thread, no doubt. the ones that keep claiming the graphs are wrong but haven't posted a single thing to support the claim that NVMe drives are worth it. pathetic

1tb 860 evo is $150
1tb 970 evo is $220

fucking retard
learn to read.

Yea, but after black friday samsung sold out of 1tb 970's so their price is hiked up for a while

cope

It just works

Attached: 970.png (999x741, 114K)

link

If a different SSD won't improve the feeling of speed in my PC then what will?

/thread

>being this retarded
camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/product/B07BN217QG
200 is standard, it's fucked cuz of the black friday sales.

>36c
OMG OVER HEATING!!!!!!!
retard

Your link shows $200 is NOT standard. $280 looks more like the standard

Got the 1tb one for my new build. It loads to the desktop in under 15 seconds.

These are pure snake oil.
t. owner of 960 EVO.

The randoms are still about the same on these NVMe drives and the cheapest SATA ones.
Computer doesn't boot faster and handling Photoshop files isn't any snappier.
Only drive that shows real life improvements where it matters is Optane, but unfortunately it's made by the jews and expensive as shit.

It looks like it's an ok drive. There's worse drives, there are also much better drives. storagereview.com/samsung_ssd_970_evo_review?fbclid=IwAR3LN4IyRN_3nISuMyEQMX3Jy6FfKjLQJkx0dzryXSNbsA-KCaPCt976ir4

Attached: StorageReview-Samsung-970-Pro-512GB-Houdini(1).png (851x864, 46K)

>OMG OVER HEATING!!!!!!!
for you

Attached: 970 temp.png (710x202, 28K)