How do we accelerate the death of C/C++?

these old, unsafe languages should be as dead as COBOL at this point.
face it, C is a living fossil at this point.
we need to force people to move to Rust.
we need media campaigns, for people in tech to speak out about the dangers of C and for employers to OUTRIGHT NOT HIRE C/c++ devs.

Attached: 53.png (180x180, 12K)

In your dreams rust shill, C isn't going anywhere. But we can hope that C++ goes away soon.

Why Rust?
Why not D or Swift?

I'll move to Rust when it compiles fast. I'm not denying that theoretically Rust is better than C/C++, but it compiles SO FUCKING SLOW.

because the industry has unanimously decided on the next giant, and it's rust.

lol, no. "the industry" isn't just Mozilla.

last C standard is from 2014, so if there is none after it, I can say in 50 years

C18 is the most recent C standard

then 2068?

> trying to enforce your mentally ill language
That's why we used to kill undesirables like OP

The rust language itself offers nothing new and is poorly implemented. So what's left besides marketing wank and the community full of shills who harass everyone.

How about no?

No it hasn't. Rust isn't even as popular as D in terms of general interest outside of soiboi github.

I agree. Fuck C
Fuck C++

But most of all Fuck All Your Languages especially Rust.

We need to re-instate Assembly, the true king of programming.

How do we accelerate the death of Mozilla so that Rust will die along with it?

Attached: 1544682867085.jpg (616x608, 42K)

stop using their browser. It's already struggling for market share. People are starting to realise the Quantum shit was purely marketing and literally nothing got faster. They will be dead in 10 years time.

Only Jonathan Blow's JAI will kill C++.

can excessive rust shilling be reported as advertising?

it's very unlikely that C dies anytime soon. C++ however is going to die in ~10 years thanks to rust, swift, D and Go.

>death of C/C++
thingb that won't ever hapen X---D

Attached: 1.png (992x78, 14K)

>C++ however is going to die in ~10 years thanks to the C++ standards committee
ftfy. What the fuck are they doing to my language?

c++ is shit, they are fixing it to the circlejerk standards

I can't wait until managed languages reach the efficiency of C/C++. It will happen eventually, there's just a lot of engineering that needs to happen.

The C++ PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE created by Danish computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup is considered one of the most well known and largest programming languages ever developed. The C++ PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE is filled to the brim with features and has support for multiple programming paradigms. I personally believe that the C++ PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE is not dying any time soon and you should surrender.

that will literally never happen in any of our lifetimes, we are several times more likely to perish from the results of a technological singularity by a rogue AI written in C++ than ever see C++ be superseded by another language
fucking trannies and their retarded meme laguages

>I can't wait until managed languages reach the efficiency of C/C++. It will happen eventually, there's just a lot of engineering that needs to happen.
Everyone credits C++ for being the language used to program AAA games, people dont realize all the graphics programming is done in the GPU with shader languages like GLSL in OpenGL and HLSL in DirectX. Both of these languages are C-like languages except they dont have pointers. Pointers dont really do anything to speed up a language, they actually make it harder to optimize a compiler. C++ speed is a myth, you can achieve faster speed with Fortran. Unfortunately most the languages like Go, Swift, D are all garbage collected so there is a lack of replacement languages for C++ other than Rust and Fortran.

With managed language I mean garbage collected. Preferably more like haskell or scala, and less like the utter shitlang go.

I wouldn't mind having a subset with manually managed memory for the hot loops. My problem with manual memory management is that for 80% of your code it's not necessary

>With managed language I mean garbage collected.
There is no way to fix garbage collection languages to be fast. Id be curious if it would be possible for someone to fix C by taking away pointers and memory allocation and making arrays and strings have fixed bounds. It would be more difficult to work with but I think it would be faster than regular C.

stfu ꜱoytoy
rust is for ꜱoyboys

Attached: 1544671599707.jpg (176x238, 6K)

And why is this?

why is what?

have some OC

Attached: rust.png (830x906, 611K)

>c/c++ is a single language
Another retard.

>as dead as COBOL
>COBOL is literally used 95% or more of the time when you use a credit card
>COBOL is used roughly over 50% of the time with health insurance

It's undeniable that C is an absolute shit language for security, though.
Any "security fix" for a program written in C is simply addressing the symptoms.

what the actual fuck are you talking about

Id be curious to see the actual link to that mailing list post. Id also be curious to see if Linux Torvalds has actual reasons to back up C's lack of type safety and bounds checking. I dont think its an unreasonable idea to change C to have at least stronger types and more explicit casting.

Nim

>Cython and Pypy arent enough, we need more compile-to-C scripting languages

i made that img, the email had nothing to do with C, it was about meltdow/spectre. i just wanted a linus email image.

grumpy compiles python directly to Go, without any dependency. C modules don't work obviously.

you will probably die before C OP
keep dreaming..