IOS vs Android

I think I'm about a decade too late for this debate, but I'm an Apple guy and I'm considering switching to the Pixel 3. I hate that I've had to replace my battery twice, I hate that Apple is insisting on two factor authentication to do pretty much anything, I hate that they removed the headphone jack so I can't charge my phone and plug in my cassette tape adapter in my car at the same time, etc etc.

On the other hand, I've had some awful experiences with Android so when I first got my iPhone about five years ago, it was a breath of fresh air. I'm all for people customizing their phones but it's not for me, and I expect a $1k machine to work right out of the box.

On any phone I have, I expect a camera app, a photo gallery app, an internet app, and a good GPS app. I don't want to have to root through filesystems and alter code I don't understand to access basic features of the phone, which is what I had to do with my Android phones circa 2009. I'm not a techhead, I'm just a guy trying to make calls and texts and occasionally submit edits to Google Maps.

Is Android easier to use now or does it still require advanced computer knowledge to make calls and texts? I'm mostly interested in it because my wife has an Android and her battery lasts around 48 hours, I'm lucky if I get six hours on one charge on my iPhone.

Attached: download.jpg (299x168, 4K)

Pixel 3 doesn't have a headphone jack either. I switched over to a galaxy s9
after using iPhones for years and pretty happy with it.

>Is Android easier to use now or does it still require advanced computer knowledge to make calls and texts?

Why are you even here?
As in, here on Jow Forums since you clearly don't ye, fit in

>I'm an Apple guy

Attached: mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg (550x545, 50K)

You don't fit in. This is 30-50 year olds board now.

That makes alot of sense

>Is Android easier to use now or does it still require advanced computer knowledge to make calls and texts? I'm mostly interested in it because my wife has an Android and her battery lasts around 48 hours, I'm lucky if I get six hours on one charge on my iPhone.
this is some pretty shit quality bait, you might be able to fool zoomers with this, but this has never been the case with Android since I started using them back in '09, fuck off with your nonsense

Stick with Apple if you're tethered to the ecosystem already (IE, own other apple products and like how they work together). If not, try out android. Also your wife's battery lasts a long time because she doesn't use it as much as your fat ass uses your phone.

Underrated post.

You should ask your wife if you can look at her telephone for 5 minutes, while she watches what you do. Many of your questions may be answered

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. When it was new I charged it once a week, now I charge it twice a week

You mean the part about the battery? She has the Sony Xperia UA Ultra, she charges it every other night and is CONSTANTLY on spotify or instagram. She loses about 1% per 5-7 songs played. I lose about 4% per song played on my iPhone 6.

no, the shit about needing advanced computer knowledge to make a phone call or text, its never been that fucking way you dipshit

That was an exaggeration, but I definitely recall needing advanced computer knowledge to move music or pictures from my phone or to my phone from my computer. Getting ringtones on there was a fucking nightmare.

Instead of a 'photos app' there was one folder for pictures I downloaded, one folder for pictures I took with the phone, and yet another folder for photos I received in texts. They don't just show up in the picture viewer, you had to go into that folder they were downloaded to and physically move them to a folder that points to the application for viewing pictures.

I was a senior in college at the time, and every time my then girlfriend sent over a nude there'd be that "hold on babe I have to move the nude from folder DCIM_X4357 on my SD card to folder DCIM_X9830 on my main phone so I can see it on the big 3.7 inch screen".

I've used Apple and Ubuntu simultaneously for years and when my 2013 Macbook dies my next laptop will be a newer Thinkpad T series so I can use Ubuntu full time. Apple really fucked up when they removed the ethernet port and CD drive from their laptops.

>but I definitely recall needing advanced computer knowledge to move music or pictures from my phone or to my phone from my computer.
what?? all it took was you selecting MTP when you plugged the phone into a computer and the popup came on the phone, the folder opened up on the computer desktop, and from that point it was copy and paste, stop making shit up
>Getting ringtones on there was a fucking nightmare.
wrong again, Zedge was an app specifically for that and its been around almost as long as the play store has existed, again you're full of shit
>Instead of a 'photos app' there was one folder for pictures I downloaded, one folder for pictures I took with the phone, and yet another folder for photos I received in texts.
yes, it still does it this way, but how would you need "advanced computer knowledge" to navigate around the android filesystem? do you have a very limited amount of braincells or something? its simple as fuck, and not "advanced" knowledge in the slightest. right now you're showing how completely daft and simple minded Apple's target audience is holy shit
>was a senior in college at the time
Christ, get your money back or default on your loans because that degree isn't worth the paper its printed on

I've literally never heard of Zedge. To move the files I had to use an app on my computer that looked like a green paper airplane, I don't know what it was called. The phone didn't come with any kind of manual and I wasn't on Jow Forums at the time so I was mostly just calling up friends to ask for advice whenever I had a problem with the phone.

I'm fully capable of doing things this way, I just don't see why I should have to. It takes 5-10 minutes as opposed to just taking a picture and having it right in your photo gallery app. Who has that kind of time to take a single picture? I shouldn't have to work hard to use a machine I paid a grand for.

Go away this thread is shit bait

It's not bait, I'm dead serious. If these apps weren't on the leaderboards of the play store how would I even know about them?

first of all, stop paying a fucking grand for a phone, its an enormous waste of money when a phone half the price or even lower can do the same fucking thing and you won't notice the difference
secondly it does not take 5-10 minutes unless your a complete luddite, fucking learn something for Christ sakes, you long press, click on the three dots and choose select all, then hit the move symbol (usually a divided square) and choose the folder you want to send them too, it sure as shit doesn't take 5-10 min to do
you seriously can't be this stupid and a college graduate, if so then the current state of education is a lot worse for wear than I ever imagined

I feel like you're unnecessarily pissed off by my post. I didn't know you could long press, again on the phones I was using ten years ago there wasn't any kind of tutorial or manual so I was really just winging it.

Not everyone goes to college for technology. Since graduating I mostly work with large Excel files, I make decent money, and every time I have a problem with my Windows I just call the helpdesk and someone comes up and shows me how to do what I'm doing. There's more than one way to succeed in life.

Android is pretty shit in regards to discoverability and immediate user friendliness but you are so blatantly incapable at isolating problems and finding solutions to them that I honestly wonder how you navigate your way through the world as an adult

Damn you even got me to second guess you but you gave it away with this post

I ask a lot of questions. People show me how to do things I've never done before. If I've never done something all it takes is a "hey how do you do this thing" and then I can do it the next time.

Gave what away?

Moving a specific selection of music and pictures to and from your computer is, has always been, and will most likely always be easier on Android than on iOS: drag and drop. Simple as that. Even if your computer is a mac (in which case you'd need Android Fole Transfer) the process is piss easy.
If you think it is in any way complicated, or that it requires "advanced computing knowledge", I'm afraid you might be retarded.

>an internet app

Attached: 1544200055689.jpg (471x400, 119K)