Realistically what's the possibility we will reach the cyberpunk era in our lifetimes?

Realistically what's the possibility we will reach the cyberpunk era in our lifetimes?
If not how much do you think tech will advance by the end of your lives?

Attached: New era.png (2560x1178, 3.63M)

80s were the cyberpunk era

Cyberpunk is now. You are just a background character that does not see it.

Arguably we are in a cyberpunkesque dystopia, expect we don't get the aesthetic (Hong Kong/Tokyo fusion megacity) and/or on the brink of some of the more advanced technologies (neural interfaces, androids etc.). The social and cultural elements are very much cyberpunk though except megacorps are more likely to be named Google or Amazon rather than Weshabu Heavy industries or Veracorp Securities

no

grow up

Attached: cyberpunk_is_now.jpg (620x818, 131K)

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s no one anywhere that seems to know what to do with us. Now into it. We know the air is unfit to breathe, our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had 15 homicides and 63 violent crimes as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad. Worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in a house as slowly the world we’re living in is getting smaller and all we say is, “Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster, and TV, and my steel belted radials and I won’t say anything.” Well I’m not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad. I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot. I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crying in the streets. All I know is first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say, “I’m a human being. God Dammit, my life has value.”

can someone give me the names of these movies please? all i recognize is wayland-yutani from Alien and Cyberdine systems from terminator

Umbrella is from resident evil
Tyrell is from Blade Runner

I don't know what the PCO is.

ocp: robocop

Im 38. if I die in 40 years I predict household robots approaching R2-D2 capapility, beginnings of biomechanics, brain>computer direct interfaces, home quantum computing, 1984 on steroids-like survailence by the government, and medical tech will be able to use nanobots to cure diseases, robotic arms for people with lost limbs that nearly exactly replicate a human limb, and the ability of AI to predict and dianose disease extremely early.

Ok, I just snorted milk out of my nose.

And all of this is only available for the rich, while everyone else hopes to be a slave on mars.

never

We already live in it. We just decided that Apple minimalism and trap rap are the future, not neon lights and techno

Reach it? We are already here. Did you check out the /cyb/ FAQ? It has been here for years. And it is not looking like it will end any time soon.

they took it from US

Attached: 1536824352672.jpg (1920x1200, 741K)

Thanks, gonna check them out

20 to 30 years.

put Umbrella with Amazon
Tyrell with Facebook
Wayland Yutani with MS
and OCP with IBM and you'd have a good image

You're more likely to end up in a fallout world in the next 30 years than a cyberpunk one.

based on?

The wikileaks stuff during the last election really made me realize we are living in cyberpunk times RIGHT NOW