/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread. "No edition" edition.
Ask your stupid questions here.

Previous thread
(You) (daerht-ssorC) (Cross-thread) (daerht-ssorC)

>Read
(daerht-ssorC) (Cross-thread) (daerht-ssorC)

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (bedem) (embed) (bedem)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (bedem) (embed) (bedem)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (bedem) (embed) (bedem)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (bedem) (embed) (bedem)

Attached: ce8c3beb5685b2bd7c2f5fcaee04ca36a091d2c741a036254afea8919e723a2a.png (568x619, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.altlinux.org/Rescue
dmm.com/netgame/feature/imys.html
github.com/tsuntsuntsuntsun/Pokerbot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_keyboard#Connection
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repeating since I apparently caught the end of the least thread.

PC reset itself to factory default. Anything I can do to try to find some of the data I lost or am I just 100% SOL?

how do i fix my life Jow Forums

Attached: 8921898932.jpg (234x215, 8K)

You can start by cleaning your room.

How to get a gf, Jow Forums?

it's clean
my autism never allows me to live in a untidy room

photorec

instal gentoo

by deleting your frog picture folder.

it improved the quality of my posts substantially when I did it.

if i log onto my jewtube account on my new laptop am i screwing myself security wise?
will jewgle somehow connect me with my past desktop because of the account?

>Will the company that makes their living selling my data figure out that it's me if I log into my account?
No you'll be fine I'm sure.

but i like frogs

Attached: 78667864586.png (380x496, 132K)

Ok, now we get into the stupid questions.

The PC itself refuses to connect to the internet now. I downloaded that program on this backup rig and transferred the file via a flash drive, but after telling it to install it's just sitting at 0% and has been for the last hour or so.

Thoughts?

honestly that's the only thing i use from jewgle
and i'm pretty sure there's no alternative?

I got a commodore 64 for free. What should I do with it?

Google also gets a cookie when you do it, so after that every service you use that uses google analytics will know that it's you.
Services like Jow Forums for instance, and most others.

how many buses do modern motherboards have and what it each of them their bandwidth?

Attached: 97806591pcieslotscloseupprintedcircuitboardcomputermotherboardbackground.jpg (1300x866, 82K)

wait a minute
you're telling me jewgle knows that i shill link on Jow Forums every day

Attached: 41290889302.jpg (260x194, 4K)

It depends on CPU capabilities and chipset lanes.

Still looking for proper VBIOS for MSI N560GTX-Ti with Elpida GDDR5.

use a recovery linux, most of them come with photorec/testdisk. also you don't want to recover files to the same drive you're recovering them from or there's a decent chance you'll overwrite some of what you're recovering. also you'll want to use the advanced options and choose which filetypes to recover or it'll bring back every random file it finds. also unfortunately once it's done it's thing. nothing you've gotten back is organized. it's just a big jumbled up mess.

I asked last thread but got no answer: What is a good VPN that maybe has student discounts or something? Going to college and don't wanna be on the school radar 24/7 with my browsing and torrenting isn't allowed.

Ok, so how would I go about setting up a recovery Linux? Any good guides out there for it?

As for getting a different drive for it I can just buy a big old external HHD and recover to that just fine, right? Then I can transfer to a new rig anyway, since this is probably a good indication that my old one is on it's way out lol.

cute boi
Anyways, is there any reason to use a dedicated sftpd like vsftpd? Seems kinda redundant when openssh itself handles that already.

Attached: a2474d51b6f17642a73ea4a894b2df8f--cute-little-boys-aph-japan.jpg (736x1021, 88K)

>that maybe has student discounts or something
VPNs are not that expensive, user

well than what's just a good one? Nord? PureVPN?

What's the difference between computer science and IT? They seem like the same thing but they also are always detached in someway. Eg. Separate faculties in a college

IT is to computer science what a plumber is to a plumbing engineer

most of them are good. i use Nord because it allows to connect up to 6 devices

Do your research, dummy

en.altlinux.org/Rescue
yeah an external will be fine. ti's probably not your whole rig that needs replaced, just the hdd. take it as an excuse to get an ssd

Computer Science is theory and understanding the intricacies of creating software itself. IT is low-level programming where you manage the software the scientists make. and work in task forces like with cybersecurity.

Thanks jbp

Is the 10.5" iPad Pro the predecessor to the 11" version? I saw it in store but it isn't listed on Macrumors as a current model. Also, is there any difference between the first and second gen pencil besides the magnetic feature? I'm thinking of getting a new iPad (currently have the Air 2) for my SO and saw that the newest "regular" iPad also supports the pencil albeit first gen.

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (1500x1000, 68K)

>regu is for______

How much time do you guys think this pos has left?

Attached: HDD.png (688x900, 155K)

Sexual stimulation

Does it allow for smartphones too or is it just PCs?

Okay that makes sense. Guess I'm glad I didn't take the comp sci route because it sounds like it's out of my league.

that doesn't look but if it stops at that, you can still use it

look good*

>ti's probably not your whole rig that needs replaced, just the hdd. take it as an excuse to get an ssd
The OS and everything was on an SSD though

Replace it now

You're a fucking retard.
Reallolcated AND pending sectors. Its on its last leg

you don't know shit. it might be a simple shock damage that does not make the drive fucked up at all

What's the highest specs I can build whilst still remaining on win7/8.1?
I mean like cpu, gpu and motherboard, none of that dual gpu shenanigans.

Attached: 1527886298678.jpg (1280x720, 383K)

Thanks guys will do

I have hard drives older then you are kid.
That combo is dangerous and it could literally die tonight. Only some zoomer faggot with no actual knowledge would tell someone to use mission critcal information on a drive that damaged.

my linux neon has this white bar that flashes occasionally at the top of the screen
from side to side at the top where the tabs are on firefox
why's this happenings and how to fix?

Attached: 89741329871923.png (612x491, 106K)

I bought a big ass 4U server and I have no rack. Gonna build a box to house it and wrap the box in speaker carpet.
Will the speaker carpet be an danger for ESD buildup which might fry my electronics?

so you don't know shit after all. maybe dig some decent forums and see how people hide whole sides of platters just so they can use the rest

Is there an app I can install to measure power consumption from each device in my PC? I was thinking of getting another GPU and I have a 500watt PSU. I was wondering how much overhead I have or if I should upgrade the PSU too.

The hard drives firmware already does that by its self. If its reporting reallocated sectors and pending sectors to userspace programs, its already fucked beyond saving.
Again, take your zoomer shit out of this thread.

>hide whole sides of platters
>The hard drives firmware already does that by its self
you are dumb beyond salvation
greetings from an OS running on a disk that was diagnosed as dead by "experts" like you

Does anyone know what technique needs to be used to write a bot for a WebGL(?) browser game? I'm not really sure how to try to read the state of the game and send clicks when the game doesn't utilize DOM objects.

Just started trying out a shitty mobage dmm.com/netgame/feature/imys.html and as a starting point, I'd like to be able to click "Replay mission". I could do this by sending a mouse click at the specified coordinates every x minutes but I was wondering if there's a better way to do this in Selenium (headless or not) so the window doesn't need to be visible all the time.

It's late tonight so I'll leave this question here but I'm considering looking at how bots for Granblue Fantasy work tomorrow since that seems like a similar problem - github.com/tsuntsuntsuntsun/Pokerbot

What's some cheapo methods to setup a NAS in your home? Raspberry in a shoebox?

are there any mp3 players that support spotify other than ipods?

>speakers
>volume knob at 50% usually
>plug in headphones
>too quiet
>almost at 95% to make them sound as loud

What is happening? Do I need a headphone amp?

Attached: mot1346787289121.jpg (720x600, 13K)

>gnome crash the whole graphic stack at random when resuming from suspend

That's it, Jow Forums, I've had enough, I'm going to write my own window manager with my own compositor.

Where should I start?

Do you have active speakers? In that case yes.

Should I?

Been meaning to replace my old 7970 I've been using for 5+ years now

Attached: Untitled.png (962x334, 50K)

I am not sure what are those. I have Creative T20.

is possible to change where new tabs open in firefox? instead of opening a new one as the last tab, have it open next to the one I'm currently using

Looks good enough

Do you need a power cable for the to work? If so they are active since the power helps amplify the music signal. It's like they have a built in dac.

yes, they have their own power plug.

depends
if you use google chrome, oh god yes
if you google
"Jow Forums biz"
then also yes
otherwise, I see no other way of how specifically google would know that information.

Then you need a dac.
Or you can try another 3.5mm port on your pc. The integrated soundcard of the mobo should have a built in dac.

I see. It makes sense. I will try it. Thanx fren.

Attached: 1470764985064.webm (640x640, 378K)

i use firefox and dunno maybe i've googled Jow Forums sometimes but i usually just type the full url
how do i keep myself from getting jewed user
duckduck go is literally owned by some kike and i woldn't trust microjew for anything
i also want to use my jewtube account
oh god i'm fucked afen't i?

so this has happened for quite a while now
I'm using chrome, and sometimes when I move a tab with some sort of media player, like youtube or twitch, to my other screen it just breaks and just displays a blank screen
refreshing doesn't work, nothing I do fixes it
the tab is essentially broken and nothing I do can fix that specific tab, I have to either use the copy tab function or just manually copy the url to a new tab to fix it
any idea what might be causing this?

Yes because of captcha and Google's tracking js on this site.

>duckduck go is literally owned by some kike
Use Qwant then. It's hosted in EU making it much better than DDG. Or use Searx.
>also want to use my jewtube account
You can use your google account in a container tab. Long press the new tab button and open it in whatever container you want. Cookies aren't shared between containers.

>I'm using chrome
well there's your problem

>container
how do i do this?
i didn't follow you

I mean in a nutshell what is it? What does it do supposedly and what does it actually do?

The + button which opens a new tab can be held, once it is it will give you a selection of containers.

i did that and no selection appears
could it be OS dependent or something?

I'm looking for a bluetooth dongle so I can use my PS3 controller wireless with my PC. I already use it but I'd like to get rid of the USB cord getting in the way, of course.
Could someone link me to a functional one that isn't too pricey? Would be appreciated.

Where the actual fuck do you begin when trying to learn how to use kali Linux?

Any dongle should work with scp

bump pls help

I meant this

What's the best 13 inch Ryzen laptop right now?

about:preferences#general
Enable container tabs here

What's some good disk cloning software? I'm trying to upgrade my desktop's 250GB SSD to a 500GB and don't want to reinstall everything.

i don't have that option
under the tabs section right?

Yes. What version of Firefox do you have?

version 64.0 for ubuntu
i'm on kde neon btw
i'm also new to linux so please no bully

How come my bluetooth headphone's mic sounds pretty good when using it with my phone, but it sounds like shit when using it on my PC with a BT dongle?
Is it the dongle causing the discrepancy between quality?

I have this old keyboard and I was wondering if there is anyway to hook this connector up to a usb. Does anyone know what this connector is and how would I hook it up to. A modern PC?

Attached: 24FC7424-1DFC-4153-AEB5-6CEDA1AA488F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PC_keyboard#Connection
ebay has some ibm to usb convertors, but they go for 15$+

I want to get into making video games on unity as a hobby.

What programming languages does it use? And how is it used? To move objects for example?

stop it zoomer
just stop
you're not gonna be a game dev
do something productive

Seems weird, I thought it was enabled by default on anything past v59. Install the Mozilla addon called "stop Facebook tracking", it should give you access to container tabs.
Sorry for the late reply.

My computer has been resetting when playing games that are somewhat new but not too demanding for my system. However, my temperatures in Speccy look fine, and even after removing dust the problem persists. Is my PSU the most likely culprit?

Lads, how do I change a HDD into an SSD on a small netbook? It has no cd bay so I can't figure out how to clone it or copy over

any pendrive?

I have a Linux box for my mom. She lives in a shithole apartment and her fans always clog up. It's an i7 with on chip graphics and an SSD in a Corsair case. How many fans does she actually need? Or can I use a more tailored heat dissipation?

I am retarded, it has one USB port if that's what you mean

no, what i'm asking is do you have something like this?

Attached: gfuig.jpg (640x426, 17K)

So you can actually swap the drive, though? With only one USB, this sounds tricky. You would need to live boot a USB key then dd the HDD to SSD. Unless you have a ton of customization, I would copy personal files on to the key and start with a fresh install.