There is literally NO reason to every buy an Apple product other than to look cool or rich. It's a lifestyle brand...

There is literally NO reason to every buy an Apple product other than to look cool or rich. It's a lifestyle brand, NOT a tech company.

Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you can't.

Attached: black apple logo.png (2000x2000, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/media/us/osx/2012/docs/OSX_for_UNIX_Users_TB_July2011.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=4bguj-NVkto
macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-financial-results-3581769/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>UNIX core
>secure
>sweet gui
>great 3rd party commercial app support
>windows in a vm gives you options you don't get with windows on bare metal
>luxurious notebook designs
>can develop for mac, win, and linux all from one machine
>basically the robustness of linux with the app support of windows and a great gui
HURR DURR NO REASON AT ALL
APPLE TODDLERS BTFO
MOMMY I TOLD THOSE APPLE FAGS ON Jow Forums AGAIN MAKE ME PB&J

>[citations]: 404 NOT FOUND
Fuck you mindless isheep. Do you even know who the CEO of Apple is?

You are 14 years old.

>sweet gui
if by sweet you mean gay then yeah

i mean seriously, i cant use this thing without feeling gay. i have to take breaks

literally everything in is common knowledge about mac os

Aaaaand still no citations. LMAO fucking mactoddlers I swear

>series 4 watch
>rMBP 2014
>iPad Pro 12.9 inch
>Xs Max
>Apple tv 4k

Fite me, i use what i like bitch

"Common knowledge" is not a citation. It simply means Apple's marketing is good.

apple.com/media/us/osx/2012/docs/OSX_for_UNIX_Users_TB_July2011.pdf

>>UNIX core
>>secure[citation needed]
>>sweet gui[citation needed]
>>great 3rd party commercial app support[citation needed]
>>windows in a vm gives you options you don't get with windows on bare metal
>>luxurious notebook designs[citation needed]
>>can develop for mac, win, and linux all from one machine
>>basically the robustness of linux with the app support of windows and a great gui[citation needed]

should i get the ipad 2018 non-pro version? looks great with pencil support for only 350 bucks.
where's the catch?

someone should let apple know they can shut down all their computer manufacturing factories then and just print apple logo stickers for $1000 each

lol nice argument. get lost dweeb

>should i get the ipad 2018 non-pro version?
No. Just shell out for the Pro.
>looks great with pencil support for only 350 bucks.
Non-existant battery life and awful parallax effect with the display. Also bezels straight outta 2010.
>where's the catch?
It's cheap and kinda powerful but just ugly as hell and the parallax makes the Apple Pencil not really even worth it.

yeah the software, OS, and engineering is complete horseshit, but you've gotta admit, it looks clean as fuck

>buy Android
>delayed updates
>phone is insecure after two or three years

How could you possibly look rich with an iPhone? Everyone has them because they're so affordable. IOS is far better operating system than Android and iPhones have better hardware than any android phone so I'll keep buying them.

Based

Assmad Mohammads

Hey guys, this company is fooling the normies with their marketing, but us elite computer owners know better!

>why nobody buy rbg water cool custom pc like me?
>stupid marketing fooling the normies again :(
>god dam that marketing!!! Arghhhh

I like MacOS, and hackintoshs are unstable. Deal w it.

>”marketing” - the conspiracy theory of Jow Forums

iMessage

/thread

Whhhyyy did they buy the iPhone when the Ching wing 4 has 400mhz more and is $200 less!?!?
Stupid marketttiibgggg. God dam it not again

APPLETODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1518324880533.gif (500x491, 376K)

Rip

WINPAJEETS BTFO

Attached: 5D32E9CF-6AD7-49BE-9F96-B30C102A1DAD.gif (540x540, 279K)

>t. too stupid for unix

Based

How those green text bubbles holding up kiddo?

Based and redpilled.

Just get the pro

>to look cool or rich

Attached: 1539064743129.jpg (997x1167, 486K)

Based and Macpilled

>where's the catch?
The same with all Apple products. They self destruct after 6 months.

Attached: 1525448456666.png (1536x2048, 256K)

>damage control because you know applel's "products" are garbage with a markup
Nothing in this statement is true and there are no citations.
It's true though. people are level-7 susceptible to marketing
>iMessage
>like that's a good thing
lol imagine ENJOYING being locked down
Chinese phones are almost always better than American't phones.
>t. too stupid to understand what linux even is
This is a prime example of what I mean. People only care about bubble colors and shiny metal. Marketing 101
I know, at least they """think""" it makes them look rich but in reality it makes them look invisipoor.

Attached: throttlebook pro.jpg (1750x960, 334K)

Why did you quote me?

>posts asking for citations
>posts no citations.

>owns no apple products and posts autistic walls of text

Wew lad

why does applel even exist?

You know the only reason you don’t have one is that you can’t afford it, right?

Actually it's because I have more than two brain cells unlike 100% of all of the people who use Apple phone

based

I don't know why people get so autistic about their computers. I doubt there would be so much complaining if Apple's stuff wasn't overpriced and if their OSes weren't intentionally designed to run only on their hardware.

>I doubt there would be so much complaining if Apple's stuff wasn't overpriced and if their OSes weren't intentionally designed to run only on their hardware.
So if apple was pc people wouldn't gomplain?
Remarkably astute obs user!

Muh view is
>a fool and his dollaryoos are soon parted.

based and redpilled

I can't.

i hope you die in a ditch

iPod shuffle is cheap to poor people and is great.

iPod Touch is basically just abandonware iPhone (which is a redundant statement since iPhone is basically already abandonware lmao) with even fewer capabilities (somehow). Fag

Metasynth on Max

based

based
cringe

>UNIX and not BSD
>Mac OS unflawed
>everyone loves their DE
>everyone needs or wants 3rd party commercial app support
>can even run MacOS in a vm without running apple Intel hardware
>totally perfect power button next to backspace button design
>cant be done on other OS/hardware
>BSD no different than linux
>MacOS is where most people game, develop, and do business

Never owned a Mac but instead around a year ago I installed my first hackintosh.

I must say that I am never going back to any other OS

Prior to that I primarily used Linux, Gentoo for a long a while and then Ubuntu.

Windows font rendering was always hurting my eyes and it just looked like shit.

With MacOS I get a UNIX like system underneath (except that a prefer GNU tools over the default versions of GNU of e.g. netstat, grep)

When it will be time to upgrade I will very likely buy a mac to save time from doing another hackintosh which can be time consuming.

To me OS X is like a Linux where I can install most popular proprietary software such as Photoshop and printers working without having to resort to uncomfy VMs.

Attached: Hackintosh-Laptops.jpg (752x356, 5K)

Why are

you writing

like this?

>Average mac user
youtube.com/watch?v=4bguj-NVkto

>UNIX with outdated toolset
>can log in as root without a password
>shitty UI lacking most basic features like tiling
>constant update&reboot nagging
>software cost $14.99 unless they're Linux ports

Honestly I'd rather run Windows 10 with WSL

>t. mactoddler subhuman

>be me
>find an album/band/song I loike
>search online probably find pirated gud vbr/320 mp3 or flac
>dld to laptop/ alt: use ripper to rip from cd to computer
>plug in phone/bluetooth via usb
>transfer files to phone
>plug in phone manufacturer supplied headphones
>CH00NZ!!1!

>be appelfag
>loike song etc.
>pay dollaryoos to itunes to have right to listen to
>try to transfer to computer - itunes not up to date, update
>now have the right to listen to on computer
>hope itunes has synced to iphone
>oops, ios update, connectivity may suffer
*buffering, buffering*
>pay dollaryoos for wireless headphones
>lose one by accident
>no headphone jack, pay more dollaryoos for wireless headphones
>ios update, bluetooth connectivity issues
*updating, updating*
>give up, dig up old phone, CH00NZ!!1!

Attached: 33.jpg (560x1000, 109K)

>not buying your music on Bandcamp in FLAC then converting to AAC and transferring via CopyTrans

>copytrans
no thanks macfaggot

Attached: 1515439158893.jpg (556x544, 174K)

all of these things only make it better than windows, NOT better than linux

It just werks, since centuries.Unix out of the box, easy to use, best UI ever ect.I don't need to mention that they are mainly the ones who pushed the PC market in the 70s/80s or that their PC lineup during the 90s to 2000s was generally good.Why do you faggot even care about what someone else is using, you freetards are as bad as applel users nowadays

>t. street shitting ipajeet

based

It's posix compliant and natively runs popular third party applications without buggy hacks like wine.

It's like linux without the communism crap.

Literally 3rd party, 3rd party, 3rd party 1 of which defo costs dollaryoos. So your solution to me saving money was to make me pay more money to more people? Well done! No, I mean srsly - that takes a special kind of fuckwit to not only miss the premise of muh argument but to akshully give me an answer that goes against it completely.

I should've added to
>>search online probably find pirated gud vbr/320 mp3 or flac
>use youtube-dl to dld gud (320/vbr mp3) from bandcamp/soundcloud/vevo and more...

Attached: download (4).jpg (1920x1080, 77K)

t. foot eating manchild with gnu/pedro laptop

But I don't wanna look like a streetshitter poorfag pajeet user

This.
Apple is a poverty brand in first world countries. Only in third world shitholes is it considered a luxury brand.

Attached: 1515670205517.jpg (1165x759, 321K)

I like OSX, and older Macs can be strung along fine by upgrading their RAM and storage.

ios != unix
>46.889 million Phone’s were sold in the quarter,
>those sales bought in revenue of $37.185bn, which is a 29% increase in revenue year-on-year, suggesting that Apple is making more per iPhone, perhaps due to a higher average selling price.

>Mac sales were down 2% year on year, which again isn't surprising because, aside from the MacBook Pro that was updated in July, Apple hadn't updated it's Macs in over a year.
>Apple sold 5.299 million Macs and made revenue of $7.411 billion. Revenue was up 3% year on year, perhaps because of the higher selling price of the MacBook Pro.
macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-financial-results-3581769/

>I get a UNIX like system
No, it is UNIX.

You should buy one if you want one. There’s no reason not to buy one if you like them. Don’t say there are “”””better””” phones because phones are very personal devices and some people don’t want to use androids because they just dont work for them.

Better out of the box security than Android + more security options in the first place. The amount of per-app settings you have shits on any out of the box Android phone and since I'm an adult I'm not going to spend time installing a custom OS on my fucking phone just to deal with this

>>ios != unix
He's talking about macOS, you moron.

Try writing a production grade iOS that you are getting paid for with anything else and tell me how that goes

And I'm pointing out that appil's sales of iphones FAR outweighed their sales of anything running macos so in all likelihood when anyone (including the manchildren here) talks apple they talking about the phones not the computers/laptops....

Fucking idiot.

Attached: THICK.jpg (3035x1338, 1.45M)

>secure
LMAO NO
>sweet gui
Its not bspwm, i.e. its trash
>great 3rd party commercial app support
Eh
>windows in a vm
Why would you ever want Windows
>luxurious notebook designs
Huawei LMAOing at apple
>can develop for mac, win, and linux all from one machine
Can do this on GNU/Linux too
>basically the robustness of linux with the app support of windows and a great gui
None of that is true

>It's posix compliant and natively runs popular third party applications without buggy hacks like wine.
Does that sound like iOS? Learn to read, you fucking retard.

I R ADULTZ MAN (so I use a babies OS)

Nice, nigger.

>he's still not getting the point that the majority of appel products don't run macos...

No worries cunt - you carry on having pointless arguments with strangers on the net. I've got shit to do. Unless you want to come and vacuum muh car and give it a wash? You'll have to fight with muh kids over the pocket money tho...

Why would it matter if the majority of Apple products don't run macOS, the person you responded to was clearly referring to macOS. You're just a retarded wigger with no reading comprehension.

Linux > MacOS > Windows

Apple products are generally great with good build design and macOS is a great OS. But their hardware is greatly overpriced for what you get spec wise and I think they put too much stock into style than actual usability and affordability. For phones I generally trust iOS more than I do android for privacy and security. I just admit I do prefer android as an OS but knowing all the spying that google is doing in the background is too much for me to want to us it even though I find it superior. It’s kind of the same as windows vs Linux in that regard.

Noice quads, pity it was such a shit post.

mactoddlers have defended this

Kinda. Here in Aus it is a sort of status symbol. For housewives who mostly fb on it and teenage grillz who mostly insta on it.
For anyone else outside of those demographics whichever phone they can afford with their plan or whatever work gives them.

Nobody cares about your crappy fake country.

cringe

Attached: 154243334678823.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

I love seeing Merkins think they're relevant.
Go back to watching The Apprentice: WhiteHouse Ed.

Attached: reel_austrayans.jpg (1280x1280, 1.14M)

>power button next to backspace button design
It's not a hardwired power button like on a PC, I'm tapping mine right now and nothing is happening. You have to hold it down for ~2s, then it gives you the "restart, sleep, shut down, cancel" menu. Hold it down for only one second and it goes to sleep immediately. Hold it down for like 10 seconds and it forces a shutdown, handy on the occasion that the thing freezes completely.

>ipad
>literally the most /comfy/ 4cahn shitposting/media machine (although you cant play webms or have 4chanX)
>kinda just werks because i dont need to use it for anything else, i have real work machines to do actual work
although i do hate the walled garden shit

>Can do this on GNU/Linux too
Are you able to publish stuff on the app store without owning a mac? Actually curious, this is the only reason I'm thinking of getting one of the new mac minis.

Why do you think I'm American?

Because no other nation has that level of ironic arrogance.

based

Is the only way to develop iOS apps

Well, you're wrong.