Why would anyone use this slow, bloated, gimmicky garbage?

Why would anyone use this slow, bloated, gimmicky garbage?
>woah dude I can hover my mouse over different categories and wait 10 seconds for a slidey animation to change what im looking at, even though I clearly put animations to instant

Attached: download.png (225x225, 3K)

You either have a 10 year old laptop or some sub 200 shit.

>he hasn't used kde in 5 years
It literally uses less RAM than xfce now.

>i-it just needs a fast computer!
I have a Ryzen 1600 and R9 290 and 8gb ram. Anything slower is noticeable once you actually learn to use a computer faster than an elderly moron. Nevermind the fact that its mainly the gimmickyness and poor design that is the real problem.

I'd gladly sacrifice ram if it means going much faster. If you cared so much about RAM space just set your hard drive to replace it.

If you don't care about having a bunch of fancy little features that KDE Plasma offers, you can use the Trinity desktop environment. TDE is a KDE 3.5 fork that's rock solid and just works. The easiest way to try it is with Q4OS, which is just Debian with TDE configured out of the box as a live image. The ISO is small enough to fit on a CD and the Minimum requirements for the 32-bit version are 300MHz Pentium, 128MB of RAM, and 3GB of disk space.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1280x1024, 948K)

I use less than 2 gigs of ram while browsing.
Like I said get a non shit computer

Why do you care so much about ram space? Use your hard drive as virtual RAM. Nobody is talking about RAM, even though im only using 600 mib now. XFCE clearly uses less.

I tried installing KDE on my thinkpad this august. Ran into half a dozen bugs immediately. Changed to MATE and found it to be much more stable.

Doesn't matter my computer runs faster than your mom to the dealers dick.

Congratulations.

i use kubuntu 18.04 and i litterally have 0 issues

Yes now get kde neon and hold that L

But then I'd be losing twice

Yeah, the "start menu" isn't does have flaws. But I rarely need to use it, most programs are either automatically launched on startup, or I use alt+space or custom shortcut.

IDK what distro your using but Manjaro KDE and kubuntu, and neon are rock solid.

That particular animation isn't affected by the animation speed for whatever reason. I believe there's a bug report already.
I'd recommend just using the other application menu shipped my default. It's far better.

Install gnome
/Thread

>Uses half or less the resources of Windows 10
>Normies can actually fathom it
>Comes with features they exect from a "Real OS"
>Isn't GNOME

I've been throwing Kubuntu 18.04 on machines younger that 7 years with good results. I still have a tiling WM on my craptop but for everything else, why not a full DE? Just Works.

>Why would anyone use this slow, bloated, gimmicky garbage
because there isn't anything better right now

people use it because it can be fully riced with zero effort
they update it pretty frequently these days, too. been using it on my X1 for the past year with only a few minor problems that got fixed within a week's time.

based and redpilled

The problem is less that it's slow and more that it has the least consistent design of the major DEs. Just use Cinnamon.

It performs well on my '08 era shitbox.

Because it's the best DE right now. It just werks

MATE is outdated garbage
GNOME is featureless and has a garbage UI
XFCE is even more outdated than MATE

>Best DE
>Not LXQt
Am I seriously the only one using this on my daily driver?
>simple config
>werks
>least resource intensive DE (behind LXDE)

>Am I seriously the only one using this on my daily driver?
>least resource intensive DE (behind LXDE)
You might as well just use a WM if you don't want any modern features

Define modern features? It does everything I want a start menu to do.
I am migrating over to i3 on my laptop.