PRESS S TO SPIT ON FIREFOX'S GRAVE

So much for that post meritocracy crap

Attached: 1527227008941.png (410x53, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik
escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.931840-Mozilla-gives-15k-to-remove-Slave-from-build-bot-documentation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OH NO NO NO TRANNYPOCBROS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR TIME

Where do we RISE UP again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All other browsers are shit. Blink and WebKit are garbage engines.

If that's true, why hasn't anyone stepped up and made a new web rendering engine and accompanying web browser from the ground up?

Good. Time for qutebrowser to shine.

>reinventing the wheel
It's pointless. Firefox already exists and it's good enough.

Because the way the internet is making a web engine is about as hard as making an OS from scratch.

>most people would rather unwittingly or uncaringly funnel all their important and private data through corporate and government botnets for the sake of 'convenience' than bother taking the time to research how to secure their shit
>google chrome
>oh wait they can't
>most people are idiots, basically
Hey, thanks for stroking my ego, OP.

I just uninstalled Firefox from my PC

why'd they go full SJW anyway, wasn't paying attention - they get tranny takeovered as well?

>youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik
>replace seymour with mozilla ceo and children with long time ff users
>it matches perfectly the current sjwzilla state
lmao

>ruin browser
>people stop using it
Wow who could have thunk it

Attached: 1517989041597.png (500x605, 298K)

>they get tranny takeovered as well?
Yeah like years ago

Because it's extremely expensive to develop and maintain a layout engine. Even Microsoft are giving up on doing so, ditching EdgeHTML and moving Edge to Blink. If a company that size doesn't consider the development effort involved worth the expense, what chance does a much smaller one have? Opera abandoned Presto for the same reason years ago.

The web is very close to becoming almost totally enslaved to a single engine again, just like it was in Internet Explorer's heyday. I despite Mozilla as an organisation, but Gecko is the last viable competitior to Webkit/Blink domination, so I use and support Firefox for that reason. Monopolies are never good.

Attached: loop.webm (960x396, 1.76M)

Still better than the alternatives.

Market share may be down but the most important metric — online participation by women and minorities — is UP!!!

Every major company and organization is full of SJWs. Mozilla was always for good social justice, but lately they've become as shit as other leftists. Their browser is still the only good browser around and thankfully Mozilla foundation doesn't influence Firefox as much.

I'm only still with it, because the official Debian repositories for IceCat are broken.

Does anyone know what is going on there?

S

Attached: Firefox.png (1536x1150, 230K)

what good is using the underdog browser when there are multiple non-tirvial sites that don't work on non-webkit browsers at all.
with less than 9% marketshare, it's not worth reworking the site to make it compatible for firefox users since these are all spergs and they probably block ads anyway

>when there are multiple non-tirvial sites that don't work on non-webkit browsers at all
Such as? I'm yet to find a single site in my regular browsing that doesn't work in Firefox.

Because the Internet is a lost case.

how does mozzarella make shekels?

This thread's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Attached: 1536584646785.png (480x466, 139K)

instead of focusing on improving their rendering engine and overall performance they focused on purging such bigoted, offensive terms out of their code base.

like removing master and slave references.

escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.931840-Mozilla-gives-15k-to-remove-Slave-from-build-bot-documentation

>15,000 paid to remove it
you can nitpick all you want but its utterly retarded to waste any resources on nonsense like that.

NOOOOO WAY WE WERE SO CLOSE TO KILLING CHROME FIREBROS. S-SERVO IS STILL COMING, R-RIGHT?

Attached: 1503181983640.png (938x902, 178K)

And yet it's about to be the only non-Chromium browser, so I'm going to keep using it simply because I don't like Chromium's special snowflake font rendering.

mozilla was meant to kill IE and they succeded. Chrome came after

s

>the only non-Chromium browser
>what is Edge

This is just sad

turning into chromium shit, that's what it is

Firefox Quantum was meant to compete with Chrome. It killed Firefox.

About to become yet another Chromium reskin.
See:
>it's about to be

Microsoft ditched edge
And will use chromuim engine

Safari will soon to become the only alt-browser, because nothing else is basically using Webkit these days. Let that sink in for a moment.

Oh can’t forget them forcing out (fired) then ceo Brendan Eich in 2014 after sjws found out in 2008 he donated $1,000 to California anti-gay marriage prop 8 that actually passed. He’s personally a catholic.

Yes, they fired him because he’s catholic and he donated $1,000 6 years prior. Even though he never forced his beliefs at work and hardly knew how he felt. He always personally hired a lot of gays himself. He viewed prop 8 has a religious question. Not a hate question.

He also made the mistake of “apologizing for any pain” he caused for his $1,000 donation in 2008.

I'm just waiting until they start burning books so I call them the true Hitler.

FF stopped competing with chrome when the basedboys got the mozilla CEO fired, years ago.

>tfw on privacy focused waterfox
>no botnet and still support by the majority of things on the net
>no sjw shit and still supported by the majority of things on the net
>still all the plugins and shit
I already spit on it when I switched to Waterfox

The only sites I've encountered that don't play nice with Firefox are Google shit.

can't wait till Safari is canceled, would make my job a lot easier

good job mozilla go fund more political projects

Waterfox won't survive for too long without help. Right now it only has a dev whose main job is adding security patches. I too use Waterfox, but the day Mozilla changes something in Firefox that can be easily ported to Waterfox we'll be fucked.

I don't give a shit about how autistic you are about following company's internal politics, Quantum was an attempt to stay competitive with Chrome.

Attached: mozilla_hq_paris.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

Contribute to it then

Is Palememe any good?

from the point I mentioned onward google took control of mozilla, using ff as it's baby "yo let's try these crazy things and see if they stick" browser. Look it up if you don't believe me.

It's alright. The only reason to use it is if there are addons that you can't let go of. In my case, it would be vimperator which doesn't work on waterfox for me, so I'm still on pale moon.

Google won, enjoy your browser monopoly.

>no addons
>no security audits
>malware homepage (pic related)
No. It's even worse than waterfox.

Attached: (((palemoon))).png (1577x713, 354K)

Not as back as earthfox

What the hell are they doing with all that money? It's not like mozilla has any other worthwhile projects.

>it's good enough.
Apparently not.

Decade long Firefox user here. Got too bloated and slow, so switched to Chrome. Even worse. Sad! Opera much better.

No.

I can't understand why anyone would choose Chrome over Firefox.
Sure there are other niche browsers we can argue endlessly about, but Firefox is objectively better, faster and less bloated than Chrome.

Mozilla now faces a challenging decision between two options
1) Fix the problems with Firefox
2) Rewrite more of Firefox in Rust
Which one will they pick? Only time will tell!

Google, mostly

>The only sites I've encountered that don't play nice with Firefox are Google shit.
You mean some of the biggest sites on the internet?

Why were they rewriting firefox in rust?

Safari also uses Webkit though

What kind of a retard posts on a technology board and uses Chrome? Enjoy having your files scanned for "malware" by a browser.

Attached: 1418787115223.jpg (484x480, 54K)

Meritocracy: It fucking works, bitches.

to feel safer

Attached: 1528313063849.jpg (381x499, 57K)

Jow Forums get the fuck off my board NOW

No, just the usual "conservative hires liberals, liberals stab him in the back and use the company to push their agenda" thing that always happens.

>Quantum was an attempt to copy Chrome
Why use the copy when the original exists?
>Palememe
Waterfox

>muh /pol boogey man/
>rent free
dotr trannt

I can't find the report, but there is one.
IIRC 10% goes to sjw programs, 30% to software development and 30% to marketing.
Also, they bought Pocket "recently".

how does it not fucking disgust you that there are websites that only work in one engine?

ok Jow Forums we know all that shit.
now put on the table alternatives.

Quick, make a 9,968,867,284,905,895,154,297th fork to save it!

Because nowadays browsers are more complex than operating systems.

>Firefox is objectively better, faster and less bloated than Chrome.

It objectively isn't, by any metric.

>Buildbot: $15,000. Buildbot is a continuous build and integration system which has been immensely valuable to Mozilla over the past few years. Their award will be used to remove the term “slave” from all documentation, APIs and tests, and also to make improvements so Buildbot works better in the Amazon EC2 cloud.
But by all means, keep fearmongering.

>tfw firefox still is the only browser on the planet that can protect against fingerprinting and has containers
>mfw those are the Only functionalities that Google can't break in order to Track Track you

and no a proxy (or even 1000) doesn't help since your browser neither protects against fingerprinting nor against zombie cookies

I seriously wonder whether people like OP re just children or legitimately paid shills

> apple forked their html/js engines from kde in 1999
>Google forked apples fork in 2006
>why doesn't just anybody start new engine

I wonder why you idiot

Yes, maybe harder. You have to build an entire virtual machine, renderer, jit compiler and a whole slew of other things that I have no idea about.

>tfw actual Mozilla results are saddening Mozilla since more and more users are white males age 20-40

People have to remember that e.g. Germany Austria Switzerland Luxembourg Liechtenstein etc still have Firefox at like 40-60% sometimes even more.

Firefox is also the only browser that can protect against WebRTC leaks.

Anyone who uses a VPN on Chrome is NOT protected at all. None of the hacks to try to disable WebRTC actually work.

>implying this is much money (protip for Mozillas reach size it is actually embarrassingly low)
>implying devs marketers managers even water suppliers don't have to get payed

yea you never did any work in a software project did you

>nothing uses webkit
>blink is literally a fork of webkit sharing more than 90% of the source

ok. literally any browser is using webkit nowadays besides firefox

goddamnit... so what is boomer retard like me supposed to do? I tried the brave meme but it just broke to many sites for me, any tips apprecated

>using Google products directly instead of simple wrappers around eg YouTube or search

Firefox is not meant for people like you. just keep using chrome or safari and keep giving all your data to Google

oh boy if you actually check what chrome delivers you'd shoot yourself in the head saying this. Also loading speed is not a valid argument since engines have become so fast that a human can't tell apart differences. the Only thing Google did better Is the psychological design. meaning chrome just feels faster and lightweight. that doesn't mean it is though (it is not if you check the source code again you'd shoot your head)

>rewrite ff bc problems
>tfw the Only people disliking Firefox are 12 and or Google shills

again Firefox is the only browser capable of protecting you from the whole tracking shut. that is more than reason enough to use it.

you idiots constantly talk about botnet but freely use blink/weblit based browsers that are the epodemy of botnets (look at chrome source and look at how much of the tracking you actually can't disable at all). like I can't imagine people being that retarded. Firefox contrary even published a list of way to disable every single outgoing connection that you didn't initate (and yes I sniffed it

S
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: x11[1].png (1127x1600, 688K)

just keep using firefox, it's not going to go anywhere as long as they have users. fuck using chrome, i would never

did you ever do high level software development ? if you'd know how much money companies like Google spend per day on build bots you'd literally jump out of the window

Put this into a file called "userChrome.css" which you put into a folder called "chrome" in your Firefox profile folder to deactivate update notifications with version 63 and up:

.appMenu-notification-popup {
display: none;
}

.popup-notification-panel {

}

#appMenu-notification-popup {
}

#popup-notification-panel {

}

Attached: firefox_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png (1174x1074, 646K)

I have the feeling that +50% of Jow Forums nowadays is bots and children .

Like saying I don't use Firefox on any other board is fine but on Jow Forums? Really?

brave is the worst meme.

The fact that you even think about trying anything but Firefox shows you have no clue how the web works and or do not care about your privacy.

if you actually do care go read about fingerprinting and cross site tracking and learn why Google would love to eradicate Firefox and as thus pays all those kids to shill against jt

vivaldi

>Firefox Quantum was meant to compete with Chrome
Yeah, and it's going as intended. Performance and stability after getting rid of the old engine increased considerably.
Problem is, new internet users still default to Chrome because of the aggressive advertisement and push, so trying to compete is pointless. In two to three years Firefox market share will be irrelevant, and Google will own the internet.
>It killed Firefox.
lol no

Because all the javascript cancer makes it too difficult. Small scale browsers will only be possible again when client side scripting dies.

if people didn't realize there Is a clear pattern how the posts get posted and their content.

all the posts before a certain time are just posts with all the same content (I use chrome) with some real guy in between once in a while.

after the initial flooding of the bots stopped the real users start talking and they apparently mostly use Firefox.

If people aren't yet convinced how desperate Google is to kill Firefox then I don't know. And this should be more than enough of a reason for everyone to use Firefox with Adnauseam installed especially on websites with lots of Google ads