Laptop screen gets broken

>laptop screen gets broken
>replacement screen is more than the entire laptop is worth
Now what?

Attached: 1516732194816.png (597x600, 398K)

best headless server

Happened to me ended up using my HDTV as a screen for like a year until I finally replaced it.

Unironically this. Shove it under a couch and host a clubpenguin server.

Attached: s0zTuJ0.png (640x480, 429K)

Attached: 7JdeHeF.png (640x480, 367K)

This is the correct answer.
You still have a working (less) useful computer. Use it as a server, or run kodi off it or some shit.
Get a new laptop then too.

I used a T61 like that for a year. I called it the "Thinktari"

is that a dell latitude?

vga port when you need to see, otherwise server.
home theater pc?
you could pull the HDD and use it in another computer if you're worried about your data

Why bother? You can get a far more capable used server with nice features like with a much more powerful CPU or two, 32+GB RAM, support for far more drives, and nice features like out of band management, hardware RAID, ECC memory, and hot swappable drives for under $200.

chances are it has an ulv cpu so it's pretty power efficient

install retropie/lib-retro, hook it up to your TV for some retro gaming fun.

Setup a alert for a broken laptop of the same model on sites like craigslist and wait. And/or research which other laptops have the same parts.

You can get used laptop screens for pretty cheap if you buy used ones harvested from broken machines. Depending on grade they may have some flaws but if you're in this thread you're probably a cheapskate and can be persuaded to overlook a minor scratch if the price is low.

Install Gentoo.

Based

Buy a similar model laptop on eBay with a non-broken screen and swap displays (if the eBay model is a lower SKU). Now you've got a working laptop AND a headless server. :3

>Buy a similar model laptop on eBay with a non-broken screen
>Now you've got a working laptop
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

Attached: 20181216_200812_1.jpg (3024x2493, 1.49M)

Stop spreading misinformation tard

Attach a monitor and just use it as a desktop.

An option:
>Take out the drive
>Strip all the components
>Sell the components
>Buy a new laptop
>???
>Profit

If you have a Thinkpad, then a Docking station it's your answer.

Attached: 1530570735580.png (1600x1324, 1.88M)

ideapads are shit lol

This would be a way better server than OP's laptop, ebay's full of them

Attached: a.png (1170x562, 425K)

what do you do with one whose screen remains but the motherboard dies

Now buy a used thinkpad.

Do you have any sort of display out our docking options for it? Use it like a C64. You should probably buy a new USB wireless adapter too since your antennas look a bit fucked.

And buy a new laptop as well, obviously.

>Shove it under a couch
Not unless you want the fans clogged with dust and hair in less than a month. I recommend putting servers that have a fan of any kind high up on a shelf somewhere with plenty of room to breathe. It's headless so it doesn't really matter which room you stick it in as long as you can run an ethernet cable in there.

Strip out any parts that may be useful for other things. Socketed CPU? Grab that. Get the RAM, the hard disks, the fans, batteries, wireless cards, BIOS batteries. Then you can take the heat sinks and save those until you get like 30 of them and melt them down in your back yard.

What laptop is that? A latitude?

Power draw, heat, and noise all matter.

Nice PC + keyboard you got there

>2kw power usage
>70+dbA at 3m