/spg/ - Smartphone General

Moto G7+ Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: moto-g7.jpg (700x500, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1404213-REG/nokia_11pl2b11a07_6_1_2018_32gb_smartphone.html
youtu.be/3_y8BGOP-vw
xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

birst xDDD

Attached: images.png (225x225, 5K)

fucking sexy, can't wait to see the official specs

Another phone company has fallen to the notch meme.

Ewww, disgusting

>beat me by one fucking second
I gona gig ur ass :DDD

Attached: vammaa_phm.png (1354x889, 61K)

Previous thread
Pic related: rumored specs on the G7+

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (759x404, 93K)

>samefaggot who salivates over the OP6T
>says its disgusting
irony

>octo-core
no shit, what non-budget tier phone doesn't have one? how fucking nondescriptive can you get ffs?

Repeat after me,
ONLY THE XZ4 WILL SAVE US NO
>NO NOTCHSHIT
>FLAT DISPLAY
>NO CURVED SCREEN CORNERS
>AESTHETIC AS FUCK
THIS IS WHAT A REAL PHONE LOOKS LIKE

Attached: Sony-Xperia-XZ4-render-OnLeaks-mysmartprice-2.jpg (1300x730, 34K)

Not him but the OP6T has a more aesthetic notch, it's not so 'bulky' to look at.

Attached: OnePlus-6T-design-camera-display-notch.jpg (1600x1067, 158K)

Which phone has the best implementation of HDR? HDR is all over the place with a lot of phones.

>6.4"
oh jesus fuck yet another fucking goytoy that you can't grab without touching all over the fucking place

Is OP3T used/refurb still gud for $200? Just need a temp phone which I can install ROMs

Also, are there any 2018 phone with same price with Snapdragon 821 or better?

wtf are you talking about? I hate all notches.

the G7's is still a tear drop, and its still better than what others have been using

What's a good email client for Android?

I have a Huawei phone.

I see a little curve on that screen.
Into the trash it goes.

agreed

My condolences

>NO CURVED SCREEN CORNERS
Dude, is that a fake render you're posting, because those corners are round as fuck

>samefaggot who salivates over the OP6T
you've got the wrong person

Attached: Screenshot_20181216-224807.png (720x246, 21K)

Anyone have any experience with certified refurbished phones? Are they a good or bad idea?

My phone died, I was thinking of grabbing
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1404213-REG/nokia_11pl2b11a07_6_1_2018_32gb_smartphone.html

I'm not allowed to use a chinese phone at my job and I think this is the only non-chinese in the range I want to spend.

Just look how thick the bezels are, it looks terrible.

Attached: Moto-G7-2.jpg (690x1419, 50K)

But does it have an audio jack?

no as thicc as the iPhone's

Looks like an improved XR

Anyone got any tips and tricks in getting into a Find My iPhone locked phone?

My sister recently broke her phone, her friend gave her his old one but he doesn't know his apple ID password.

Is there any application I can use to just completely wipe the thing?

>screen corners
I didn't mean the body of the phone itself, the display screen is square as fuck on the top and has a very small curve on the bottom corners, it's practically negligible, especially compared to trash like
and pic related

Attached: IMG-20180902-WA0011-01.jpg (1280x853, 117K)

you got me

Attached: its still a low profile design brainlet.png (455x493, 64K)

Give it back, Jamal

You can only ask for so much in 2019 desu

>it's practically negligible
Yeah, if you're willing to settle. It's a shame really, this could have been /ourphone/ but it isn't even symmetrical.

Ask her "friend" that "gifted" it to take it to an apple store, with proof of ownership/purchase.

Is Essential Phone good?

this isn't what I've heard about it's specs
so far speculation has been 660 for the base G7 and 710 for the plus model

Still the best looking display screen desu
I'm just glad Sony hasn't notched it up yet

It's all rumors at the moment my dude

true, I just want to believe Motorola learned from the mistakes they made this year and not fuck up again
but if you follow recent trends, the GX+ series always has the same or better than the previous years ZPlay offering
I'm also hoping the X series was a one time thing and they consolidate their lineup from the mess it was this year

Where are you seeing curvature on the Poco's display exactly?

>Where are you seeing curvature on the Poco's display exactly?
the Sony autist is talking about the corners of the display not being 90° angles

Don't be daft, I meant the corners of the screen, not the whole screen itself.

Attached: d.jpg (158x163, 6K)

I see you have inferior taste, I'm glad you're able to enjoy your curved corners.

I see you have a terminal case of the tism
enjoy the basement and loneliness

looking for a small smartphone with good battery for 200-250bucks

i just want to be up to date again

Attached: thinking.png (680x521, 115K)

Redmi Note 5

And? Good luck buying a phone without it in this day and age. There are far more significant design choices to be concerned about.

>Apple fans: "MOMMY, SAMSUNG AND HUAWEI ARE BULLYING US AGAIN FOR SELLING 2012 TECH IN 2018!!!!111!"
Prepare your anguses bois, 2019 will be the day the apple gets eaten.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-S10-1645301.jpg (590x509, 25K)

>21:9
that lanky ass remote lookin phone isn't saving shit

I fucking hate apple and their cancer notch that's actually behaving like cancer and is replicating itself in every manufacturer

except that doesn't mimic Apples notch other than the fact its a notch

So?
Obviously nobody does the same notch that apple does because of patents, that doesn't mean the cancer didn't spread from the iPhone x
>Inb4 essential phone
Had not been for the iPhone x that would have been the first and last time we saw a notch on a phone

>Obviously nobody does the same notch that apple does because of patents
uhhhh, have you scene the smartphone market as of late? you're fucking joking, right?

>*2018 will be the day the apple gets eaten.
ftfy

Attached: tallboys.png (947x591, 641K)

>Chinkphones
Haha yes, phones from a country were copyright doesn't exist
>Also 0 counter-arguments

Haven't they been annoucing "the iPhone killer" for 10 years now? Wake me up when they actually come up with a better product.

>What's wrong with Xiaomi?
Absulotely nothing. That's why I'd like to buy a Xiaomi for myself insted of buying one to give away.
>Xperia XZ1
My last xperia was bad but that was 4+ years ago.
So is a Moto G6 or a P20 lite also a good option?

Attached: 1534708287429.webm (900x506, 1.35M)

>LG
>Pixels
>chinkphones
shut it brainlet

The Galaxy S9 is on sale here for 500 EUR, think it's worth it, or does the deal for a pixel 3 for 700 EUR sound better?

>Absulotely nothing. That's why I'd like to buy a Xiaomi for myself insted of buying one to give away.
So buy Xiaomi for the both of you then

>So is a Moto G6 or a P20 lite also a good option?
No

>Calling others brainier
Ok pal I thought you were serious, but apparently you can't tell the difference between the notch in those phones and the in the iPhone X
>Again 0 counter-arguments

Euro S9 has abysmal battery life due to the Exynos, so it's not an option. If you could find the S9+ for 700 € that would be better than the Pixel.

Any word on when the new nokias will be out?

I'm thinking of buying the 6.1 but if the 6.2 is coming out this month I might wait.

its the same fucking dimensions, and the same design
you're fucking blind, retarded or both if you can't see that
>0 arguments
so blind AND retarded, got it

>abysmal battery life
I'd say it's pretty average as an S9 owner tbqh

January the earliest

I guess I'll jump on it now then.

Attached: 1527842245219.png (800x1042, 624K)

OP6T

What SoT do you get? Everyone I know who has one gets around 4-5 hours of standard, non-heavy use, which is half of what should be acceptable on a flagship. It could be the new UI/Pie ugrade fixed power management, I don't think any of them upgraded so far.

lg g7
pixel 3
zenphones
the only reason other companies dont do it is because its fucking ugly

I'm thinking of getting a refurbished galaxy s9/s9+ from a place like swappa/ebay instead of getting a chinkphone because muh daydream/gear vr, muh wireless charging, muh headphone jack, and muh microsd card expansion. Will I get a piece of shit that breaks in a couple months? I've never purchased a refurbished phone before.

Should i pay 620$ for a brand new note 9 it feels like too much

Attached: 31688201_118888922308890_966081184461225984_n.png (404x399, 6K)

Exynos Note 9 owner here, after about 10 hours of SOT I usually charge it with 25-35% left. Full power mode, always 5-10 apps running minimum, about 2 hours of GPS usage per day. Has a much bigger battery though.

Killer deal desu, paid 979€ for the 8gb version including 128gb SD card. I'd go for it. It's huge though and the Note 8 isn't much worse from what I hear (except battery of course).

I just bought the nokia 6.1

I hope it lives up to their old quality at least a little.

Attached: 1514274960169.jpg (664x1054, 302K)

The Exynos S9+ isn't really much better, look at how poorly it does in this battery drain test, almost 1hr less as the next worst phone (even though it's set at 1080p!):
youtu.be/3_y8BGOP-vw

what's the best budget phone available right now?

is there a good resource or wiki that keeps one up to date on the best models, etc.?

I'm on the Pie beta, 4.5 hours SOT with heavy usage and no power optimisations (AOD, 1440p, battery sucking apps like FB, Snapchat etc).

One of the Xiaomi phones, unless you're in the US, in which case, one of the Motorola or Nokia budget models.

Pocophone

thank you. btw why would xioami not be a good option for someone based in the US?

might pull the trigger tomorrow
the 8gb version is like 900$ but i cant justify paying that much for it
i'm used to my friends note 8 so i guess the size would be aight
how's the battery life?

no official band 12 or 17 LTE reception
the LATAM/Taiwan version has B2,4, and 5 but not 12 or 17

although they do pick up B28, so it might just be a software fix to get them to work with B12/17

Xiaomi doesn't officially sell any phones in the US, so the frequency support on most of their models isn't that good for the US carriers.

That's in-line with what I've witnessed then, the difference is I don't count such apps under heavy usage since it's a given you'll be using several of those daily.

>So buy Xiaomi for the both of you then
I'd like to stay friends with the gift recipient.
>No
Why not? Please elaborate.

When will we start seeing more phones use variable apertures? It proved to be pretty useful on the S9/S9+ so I'd imagine more companies will adopt it.

Redmi Note 6 it's on sale, cheaper than RN5. It is worthy?

>I'd like to stay friends with the gift recipient.
Elaborate

>Why not?
Moto G6: weak SoC, basically a underclocked SD625 which is from 2016, bad camera, Lenovo sucks with updating their phones
xda-developers.com/motorola-moto-g6-moto-e5-series-poor-software-support/

Huawei P20 Lite: Meh performance, meh camera, meh battery life. Doesn't really do anything well. Huawei's Android skin EMUI sucks balls. If you still end up going with Huawei then at least pick a Honor Play or Honor 8X instead.

>>I'd like to stay friends with the gift recipient.
>Elaborate
They'd likely laugh at me and not take me seriously if I told them that a phone made by a relatively little-known Chinese company makes better phones that the Samsungs that they have used in the past.
>Honor Play or Honor 8X
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them.
I'm not into the Notch design or the huge screen but the specs look really promising on both of those phones, even though they are a bit more expensive. (250€ compared to 200). Will any of these phones last 2+ years without significant slowdowns?

>little known
4th largest phone manufacturer in the works by sales

To anyone looking to get one of the Moto G6 phones: Go for the G6+

Regular G6 and G6 Play are pure garbage

Well if that's all it takes to end your friendship, then maybe he doesn't deserve such an expensive gift.

>Will any of these phones last 2+ years without significant slowdowns?
The Honor 8X and Play definitely would, they've got strong SoCs. Moto G6 and P20 Lite are a lot weaker, I really wouldn't recommend either.

*world

iOS makes any phone better than Samsung hardware ever could

G6 Plus not available in the US however

Moto X4 has its place instead

Gross