Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpzwIArBjyc
youtube.com/watch?v=pwn3gIipCjU
my.mixtape.moe/ecwato.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no.

>Using anything because the Anthony Fantano of GANOO plus Leenex tells you to

uSe SeD 11q iNSteAd oF HeAD

Use Python, great regex and other libraries. Perfect for scripting and small cmd tools. sed awk and perl are getting phased out.

Luke pls go

>not using ed

This man knows whats up.

We use select string-string these days grandpa

He's gonna end up switching to BSD in 2019, I can feel it.

Stop posting Luke on Jow Forums. You know he gets mad when we do it.

use perl

if you knew sed, awk or perl you'd know this is false, and they only enhance the power of other languages like python.

I wrote a 20 questions program in sed. It was totally awesome and I'd love to post it, but unfortunately I lost the source code when both my Macbooks broke and I lost virtually all the data on them.

Why would you use any regex language without full syntactic macros that allow you to define your own syntax for regex?

Attached: lisp_tan_by_mareiko-dahthax.png (562x522, 116K)

who is this basedboy

based

No

He's not a basedboy. He hates Apple.

Use razor

Look at this nigger, having uninformed opinions can make you look this bad. Don't be a nigger, get an education.

How does one "phase out" something like sed?

stupid fucking indians posting youtube ads on my anime forum

All he cares about is muh essays. If he can write pdf files and make videos then he might just for the sake of being contrarian to Jow Forums.

this dude is the physical manifestation of why linux will never go mainstream, his fucking snobbish condescendence towards all users is unending and the core problem of the "open" community

stop being a nerd

Attached: dab_luke.webm (1920x1080, 2.55M)

>being a nerd means improving in a specific field
I fucking hate luke. He's such a fag.

*dabs*

That was pretty good user. You are going to die tonight.

Attached: 1544856247777.gif (500x700, 219K)

Don't be too hard on him he is oblviously sperg FAS

I think he is realizing that to stay relevant, he has to spout out more outlandish philosophies to keep up his appearance.

Thank you God Luke. I shall now.

This post made by Win10 Gang

Formerly chk

His fans are disgusting for not realizing that the only difference between him and them is that they don't read manuals. And Luke felt so smart that he made a youtube channel.

Attached: txGk3JUg.jpg (400x400, 16K)

>not having any backups
this was your own fault

Python is honestly pure fucking garbage and will be phased out within a decade. Mark my words.

Luke has a prob.
Prob.=FAS
Autism is not easy on yourself
POls forgive him...

Words have been marked.
Luke doesn't have home internet, and I heavily respect that.

>Luke JUST learned sed
TILING TODDLERS BTFO

Attached: raphi.gif (500x281, 1.63M)

Why is Rob Halford dabbing so aggressively

He said it was his choice... but as soon as he got a new paid position and paid off some outstanding debts, he got home internet again.
He's had it for a while actually.

It's kind of like how he laments that fact that mobile phones are a necessity but tells people that it isn't a necessity despite having one. I wish we still had phone books and booths but I don't go around telling people that the don't need one,
He thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is, his "philosophy" videos make that obvious.

Hmmm I didn't actually know that. Looks like he no longer practices what he preaches.

I agree. Phone Booths were awesome!

Also yes, I agree that he puts on a good facade, but I enjoy his content even though I don't really do anything he does (latex, SED, etc.). Been thinking about getting into it, and he is the one whos sort of pushed me to think more critically about this stuff.

his arch install fucked me up because he breaks his boot partition but uses a format that doesnt use his shitty broken boot partition

>study away 8+ years of his life specializing in something despite knowing half-way through that it was a bad idea
>making shitty bash scripts for redditors is the most useful he's ever felt
Sad case.

Lesson: don't use kludgy scripts written by some hack linguist.

is groff really enough? should i uninstall LaTeX

Don't. Luke is just trying to stay interesting so he pretends to actually use groff.

TeX is unrivaled in typographical quality. Don't settle for anything less than the best.

Writing perl one liners is faster and I don't have to remember the retarded sed syntax

Luke can be a bit too much of an edgelord sometimes but he is a good guy. If you ever spend any time around the NRx crowd you will realize he is hardly the worst.
Ever since he stated in a q&a video that he posts criticism of himself in threads about him I always wonder if he is here with us.

He is really going down a bad path.
Software minimalism is good in moderation, but it will ultimately kill you in excess.
Look what it did to Uriel.

>linux will never go mainstream
>implying this is bad

this
I don't want normies in Linux community

>why linux will never go mainstream
It is literally the most popular kernel in the world.

Days since thread about Luke: 1ΜΆ 0

Give it a few months and he's making videos about virgin linux vs Chad OpenBSD. A year and it'll be virgin unix vs Chad Plan 9.

some cringy arab shilling himself

> buying macbooks
> they break
how could this happen

He's white

Sed can be useful time to time

Sounds pretty based to me.

Looks pretty white to me.

get dabbed on, nerd

Maybe by US Census standards. North Africa is considered to be white

Amerimutt lmao

>never use a Mac for more than 5, maybe 10 minutes
>sees other people using so thinks he knows how using it daily must be like
>rants for 30 minutes about how bad a product he's never used is, most complaints are about the perceived userbase

Attached: image(1).png (370x375, 207K)

LOUT
O
U
T

Using macOS for 5 minutes is enough to know how shit it is

i use sublime + regexp for small files but if the file has 500k+ lines, it's painfully slow, sed is good for such situation.

Just like Linux and Windows.

what's Jow Forums's opinion on the newest lukekino
youtube.com/watch?v=WpzwIArBjyc

haha, sick epick matrix reference my dude

checked

Stop promoting yourself, Luke.

Cringiest shit I've seen

Shave those pubes off your face

Brainlet here, can you explain this I'm interested.

So awk and sed don't allow you to rewrite the rules of awk and sed in the middle of the command. Common lisp and gforth and factor do.

In other words someone in the 1960s decided for you what regex actually is whereas there is no reason why that means of regex needs to limit you.

Attached: lisp-programmers-2018-version.jpg (800x864, 481K)

You have to go back

Hmm could you provide an example?
I'm finding this interesting and it could convince me to learn more lisp.

1st year of uni 7years ago, first course in computer science
> S C H E M E
ended up with 92/100.... good times

I like Luke but what was the point of this video? seems kinda cringey.
I've tried lisp before but I don't think I really understood macros. They sound cool but I have no idea how I would actually make them.

cute gif also Luke is Linux saviour

oh wow hot take luke.

Who is this semen demon?

One way to think of a language with macros is a language that allows you to perform a regex on the input before it gets evaluated as code. it all resolves down to code underneath. These are unlike c or c++ macros which are shitty and bad.

A few languages have the full ability to do macros
>lisp
>some variants of scheme
>factor
>some variantes of forth
>Julia
>perl6

You can achieve macros in bash by piping into bash and using read to process the input down into bash code and then eval the result as bash code. Same with perl.

Here's his lates vid where he shows everything
youtube.com/watch?v=pwn3gIipCjU

being a nerd means improving solely in one field while partially or mostly ignoring other parts of your life, such as social skills for example and then justifying it to yourself because you are proficient in that one field

>He hates Apple.
>Not's not a basedboy. ?????????????????????????????????????????????? HUUUUUUUUUUUUUHH?
SEE THING APPLEFAG

Ya, it made me shiver from the cringe.

gross

Underrated post.

because the normal regex syntax does everything i need

cat pepis | perl -pe "s/popis/bongis/"

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 24K)

it wasnt a script it was just a walk through

my.mixtape.moe/ecwato.png
>use sed instead of just opening the file on Gedit or any similar text editor that supports regex
>fuck up the regular expression
>changes aren't highlighted because you don't even have the file open (since that's the point of using sed)
>fuck up the file without even noticing unless you actually open it
Now imagine a huge chunk of text/code, imagine finding fuckups on that :^) Haha
He's just a retard who tries to appeal to newfags here by using Jow Forums's flavour-of-the-month hipster minimal bs software. He only wants an audience that nods and agrees with every "EPIC" thought he has.

Attached: screenshot 432.png (1137x865, 152K)

He's literally an NPC - regurgitating epic Jow Forums memes unironically

>weeb shilling ximself here