Im getting gtx 1060 should i get 60 or 75 Hz monitor. is there a difference?

im getting gtx 1060 should i get 60 or 75 Hz monitor. is there a difference?

Attached: gtx-1060.jpg (333x245, 10K)

Get 75Hz.

/thread

>Nvidia
I seriously hope you never do this.

Attached: 1458386812984.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

what then rx580 is similar price

Get AMD.

why?

Because you don't like being on the receiving end of anal sex

get 240hz

>Buy nvidia
>Use G-Sync
>Spend a fortune for a fucking monitor that supports it

>Buy AMD
>Use FreeSync
>Cheap monitors everywhere

Grab a fucking RX580 don't be silly

>Buying a monitor with a fan

This makes my blood fucking boil.
Hope Intels gpus break the fucking market and the amd + intel + xbox freesync "alliance" force nvidia to get the head out of their ass

I bought a 1060 6b cause back at the time I couldn't find a rx580 similarly priced, not to mention I had no intention to buy a new monitor.
But if you were to buy both, there's no reason to get a 1060 when freesync monitors are so cheap

Most 60Hz monitors use a 75Hz display locked to 60Hz. I just overclocked my display. It runs 1080p at 74 Hz now.

Attached: 74hz.png (943x670, 57K)

uw0tm8

Yeah, the manufacturers cheap out on the controller board. My display uses DVI-SL which doesn't officially support the bandwidth needed for 75Hz at 1080p.

An obvious sign that you have a 75Hz panel is to go into display settings and see if it offers 75Hz at much lower resolutions. Mine does, so I knew I had a 75Hz panel.

If your display uses DVI-SL there's a driver hack you have to install. It just changes a couple boolean values in the drivers. Once you unlock you can push a higher frequency on the cable than it officially supports. Mine was unstable at 75Hz, but it's perfect at 74Hz.

some displays overclock with a custom resolution. i used to run my old panel on 75hz back in the day and it really made a nice difference. sometimes it reset to 60 after restarting and it was painfully obvious.

rx 580 is better

literally every 580 is cheaper than nvidia