Can't they just make gamepads that work when you plug them in? why do you have to configure and map the keys?

can't they just make gamepads that work when you plug them in? why do you have to configure and map the keys?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-16 15-37-28.png (1220x748, 104K)

Freetards.

(((customization))) is good, right? You value doing things yourself over things that JUST WORK... right??

Tbey are deisgned to work on their machines they come with, not computers.

customization is not a good thing when it's overly complicated and takes hours to figure out

Windows doesn't have this problem™

"It just werks"
>plug ps3 controller in
>some software detects buttons at random, some axis or another doesn't even work
>figure that I would need a xinput wrapper
>try to pair it over bluetooth with that
>it just fucking doesn't and the info on the arch wiki ain't helping
>a whole day of trying to find out how to make a fucking ps3 gamepad work as a 360 pad over bluetooth, the year of gaming on linux
>games on wine don't see shit either

>install windows again
>plug ps3 controller
>open the scpdriver installer
>Install driver
>done

says the android user

>plug xbox controllers
>just werks

My Windows™ 10 October 2018 Update PC with Xbox™ One Controller doesn't have this problem.

they do

t. wireless xbox 360 controller on loonix

anybody knows how to make a shitass chinese usb controller recognized as a 360 joypad? i have to configure it everytime with different games

fpbp

>plug in ps3 controller
>it just works
Sounds like a you problem

Use xboxdrv

Gamepads are a computer thing though. Consoles borrowed them.

when you are switching os because you couldn't follow step by step instructions even after a day, it's more surprising you got as far as you did.

Are you aware this kind of tools exists on windows too and are often necessary? BTW, to be fair are you aware proton enables a better OOTB experience than windows for controllers?

>i need to make up problems because i'm insecure about the OS i'm obligated or is the only one i know how to use.

You're making a generalized statement about something specific. The Xbox 360 controller for example was not a "computer thing" as you stupidly put it. However, if you actually use an operating system that has proper hardware support like Windows, they've still created drivers so it does work without setup.

any controller tool like antimicro that works under wayland? I can't move the mouse cursor

mine works natively on debian

>and are often necessary?

Only when buying offbrand chinkshit controllers that don't support XInput.

>are you aware proton enables a better OOTB experience than windows for controllers?

No, it doesn't. All you're getting is Steams Big Picture drivers loaded up on launch. Can do the same on Windows.

sc controller is one of the worst pieces of software i have ever used. how the fuck do you configure keys with this shit?

this particular xbox 360 controller does seem to be a computer thing as he stupidly put it, though

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (830x800, 67K)

I don't know but that shit is why I don't use my DS4 with my PC more often.

That's exactly why Microshaft created XInput

>Arch aka Autism Linux
found your problem

I didn't have to configure anything, it came with both desktop and gamepad configs...

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-16 22-23-11.png (937x530, 66K)

I've a Logitech controller, so I can have both XInput and DInput. You can change between them with a switch on the back. It works great in Linux. Better than in windows actually.

>Press any button or key to be your A button
>Press any button or key to be your B button
Why is this so damn hard to implant in PC games?

>Plug in some non PS3/4 or xbox controller
>Game recognizes all but 4 of the face buttons which are swapped around.

can someone who's used both steam controller and xbox one controller extensively give me a comparison between the two, which would you recommend?

You got many distros into that statement.

>The Xbox 360 controller for example was not a "computer thing"
t. Retard
The 360 pad was what inspired Microsoft to create Xinput and include it into Windows. They even sold dongles and specifically PC editions of the 360 controller as well as the Xbox One controller. Direct input allows for different kinds of controllers, with perhaps more sticks or more buttons, but at a cost of having to map them because they aren't a standard. Xinput is locked down to only allow for 360 layouts which is stupid since even the Xbox One controller has things the 360 pad doesn't have like those trigger vibrations, so no game on PC can address those functions.

The vibrating triggers work fine in games that support them, like Xbone ports. Obviously in games with no trigger FFB they won't operate, they don't just vibrate randomly. At least in Forza they vibrate to indicate wheelspin or brake lockup.

xinput gamepads just work.

Optional customization. It shouldn't be mandatory. Sane defaults are important. Even blender is finally figuring that out with 2.8

Attached: 1544332949908.jpg (640x477, 32K)

The xbox controller is ass

>it just works
>cites xboxdrv

sure thing bud

Follow those instructions yourself, let's see how far you get

Sounds like someone is salty about other's people choices

Also tried on KDE Neon and Fedora, there's no excuse.