Who here presses space with index finger when typing

who here presses space with index finger when typing

i know i'm not the only one

Attached: space.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

I don't know that feel.

Attached: r.jpg (1000x640, 43K)

what? I use my thumb. I stopped using a mouse last year. It's bad for you.

you type with nipple?

why would you use a finger when your thumbs rest on the space bar or hover slightly above it?

I do because I type 110wpm with only those two fingers :^)

with 110 errors per min too

you're the only one you autist

It is so unnatural to have one hand pressing space.

This is a video I made back on September 2.
Excuse the shitty quality, I don't have much experience with webms.

Attached: 1535940912344.webm (480x640, 2.7M)

Those things are horrible to use.
You may as well use a fucking xbox controller if you like controlling your mouse with a joystick.

Trackpoints are a blessing, way better than using a fucking touchpad.

This looks painfully slow and inefficient. Straight up does not look natural. How is someone this non-ambidextrous?

I've always typed this way since I was a kid.
I've thought about switching to home row a lot but I have no idea what speed improvements I'd see. I have never had discomfort typing this way so I wouldn't switch and relearn typing to go from 116wpm to 120wpm for example.

Attached: 1448833799953.png (935x720, 240K)

Attached: Q0268.png (1062x565, 10K)

>this is how mactoddlers actually type

Attached: 1532498075488.png (720x1000, 1.02M)

me
i type everything with the index

Kill yourself immediately.

My brothers. I use the side of my thumb for space though.

OP here, I type almost in the same way, my left hand is resting though and only right is hovering.

It's self learned, I had pc when i was 7yo, and first class in school with computers 6 years after.

I tried to change it, but it's hard as fuck to unlearn something you practiced for 6 years.

Attached: 82766200-winking-smiley-gesturing-with-his-hand-emoticon-thumbs-up-showing-positive-mood-.jpg (1300x1124, 68K)

I just want to know how much of an improvement I can get by switching to home row.

Don't worry the creator of linux does the same exact thing too

Attached: who does this.png (1285x711, 1.43M)

I have an HP Omen with that keyboard in the picture and I don't like it (the keyboard and the laptop).

is this some weird dumass hybrid between actually typing and pecking at the keyboard

Attached: y tho.jpg (474x266, 20K)

>not using speech-to-text
Lol, what year is it, OP? Have you developed fire in your part of the world yet?

Attached: vomit.jpg (680x680, 82K)

too slow. you can type much faster then any of that junk software

USE YOUR FUCKING THUMB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mouse>Trackpoint>cuckpad

>b-but... muh thinkpad!

lmfao you would probably be very fast if you learned to touch type properly, you would be a lot more comfortable, too.

That would be awesome I'd use an thumb stick from an Xbox controller. That would be amazing on a mechanic keyboard. Might have to be below the space bar or something to not interfere with typing.

based

I just want to know how much faster I'd be though.
I wouldn't learn touch typing to only improge 5-10wpm.
And for what it's worth, I know people use touch typing and home row interchangeably but I'm not looking at the keyboard as I type.

Are you my grandma (may she rest in peace)?

I would love that, but it just doesn't fit

>touch typing and home row interchangeably
What?

>press enter with small finger if it's a newline in text
>use middle finger if it's for executing a command

anyone else do this one?

I press it with the middle finger when I reply to a particularly dumb post.

Guess I'll ask in this thread. How the fuck do I learn to properly touch type and, most importantly, integrate it in everything I do? Every time I try to learn I just do it properly for one hour on some random website and then do my things the fucked up way the rest of the day.

Attached: oof.png (227x326, 188K)

I was recently astonished to see my friend do that. Holy fuck how can people type like that?

Left thumb.

learn to type, ya pleb

Yes. I take the time when I lift my middle finger high up in the air and read the command again to confirm, and then dramatically drop the finger down.

Just do it daily. I suppose as little as 10-20 minutes daily should be enough.

They are simply different and you have to learn how to use it. When I first saw a trackpoint it was very awkward (but that was HP replacement I think) but I can't even remember having to learn it when I bought my first Thinkpad. Or maybe you're just physically handicapped. I actually consider trackpoint better than mouse for work because I can access it without moving my hands away from the keyboard. Also, yes, an analog stick under the thumb would be awesome.

I never fucking seen someone type with their index finger. Only weird autistic people who use their pinkie to press the b key.

tfw typing style which basically underutilized my right hand to the point where i only use its index finger for everything which happens on the right side of the keyboard

Then I do touch type, ie. not looking at the keyboard while typing.
I'm sure you can understand why I didn't post a webm with my face in it on 4channel.

I type the same exact way with only my two index fingers (for the letters + spacebar) and quite fast too. I also happen to be ambidextrous (handwriting also). Ignore the butthurt fingerlet plebs.

Attached: 1544665339728.png (640x1136, 279K)

I kinda type like that except my left hand is more or less stationary and uses 3 fingers while my right and uses two.

>quite fast too

You read that correctly.

Attached: 1544717474649.gif (554x400, 120K)

No way that's 110wpm.
I can't get any faster then 60wpm.

*types faster than you with two fingers*
pssh...nothing personnel, kid

Attached: stay mad.png (370x68, 14K)

*smirks*

Attached: stay mad^2.png (369x66, 14K)

Have you considered removing several of your fingers to increase the speed at which you type.
You're clearly not using your God given hands as intended so why not streamline them a bit you fucking heretic.

Typelets absolutely SEETHING that someone can type faster than them with 1/5 the fingers.