I love java

>i love java

Attached: hell.png (1460x862, 107K)

Technically there isn't anything Java about this.

wat

> Shit logic
> Shit abstraction
> It's j-java fault, g-guys.

I love pussy

java doesn't love you back

How is there shit abstraction? The only thing that is arguably bad in the code is that the cards should have been pulled out of ArrayList and labeled since something like selectedCards.get(3). is kind of cryptic and verbose.

Comon people, tear my asshole apart.

you can write shit code in any language. that isn't the language's fault.

>i love SJWift

Attached: 1520621083763.jpg (2016x1210, 285K)

>All those Integer.parseInt
>not shit abstraction

Me thinks you need to rethink your logic and stop blaming the language for your wrongdoings

>--, ++ confusing
jesus christ what?
b = --a (pre- do it before assignment)
b = a++ (post- do it after assignment)

whats next?
+=
-=
&=
%=
!=
>
^
!
=
==
>

kek i forgot
/=
*=
^=

~=
was that the last one?
->
&
+
-

|=

Seriously. You could write code this shitty in any language - it's not Java's fault that you're a shit software engineer that doesn't understand abstraction or any matter of design for that matter.

How would you do this in your language of choice then Pajeet?

> i don't know how to parameterize
> I am incapable of breaking up code

Martin Fowler would be rolling in his grave if he saw this

People who think this is confusing should be banned from programming, full stop.

And perhaps this is an argument to keep C as anyone's first language. Python has dumbed down every aspiring coder during the past few years

he's not dead

Stop self reflectiing.

Bruh, refactor it for me.

>checkHandRanking()
>private method that prints info about the object it is a member of to Sytem.out

Why the fuck would anyone do this outside of a school project?

Testing.

java is perfect language with safety and many tools. it will do everything i want.

The code isn't shitty. It's robust and enterprise grade.

>writing a "check for full house" comment rather than making a checkForFullHouse function
>working externally on a list rather than having a class for selected cards
>function prints out its result rather than returning it, making it untestable
>million usages of selectedCards.get(x).getRank().equals(selectedCards.get(y).getRank()) and same for getSuit, rather than having methods like hasEqualRank(x, y)
>ranks are strings instead of enums
This is probably not even half of the problems with this code. This was written by someone who has no idea how to use java, or OOP in general. Probably someone praising C and shitting on all OOP languages on Jow Forums. If you think this is enterprise grade code, you probably should look for a place that doesn't hire 90%+ Indians.

Next is [] operator on array please

No, this is enterprise code and works 100%.

someone make this a cs grad meme please

OP is a faggot, learn to use streams.

If you're writing your Swift idiomatically you probably won't be using the ++ operator anyways.

You just told OP to add a bunch of useless shit to already fully functional self commenting code. You ever hear of K.I.S.S? Sounds like you have to go back to school kid.

Didn't know yandere dev is porting the game to Java and adding poker

code isn't bad from a logic standpoint but should have method return string, take cards out of list before checking so easier to read and get rid of parseint bullshit

Go search Law of Demeter you stupid fucking mongrel pajeet

>nothing wrong
Ask me how I know youre a code monkey, Ranjeesh

>refactoring is not a thing
t. fizzbuzzer

How the fuck haven't they gone after binary and ternary operators yet?
>what do you mean = multiplies and divides a number by a power of 2 too confusing take it out
>what is a R b ? f1 : f2 even supposed to mean what the fuck

Because there's no ambiguity in the syntax for ternary operators, pre/postfix increment and decrement operators didn't reach that same bar.

unironically this lol

I don't even like java but this is just poorly written code

I liked Java before Oracle took over.
Everything since has been shit.
Without openjdk I would have dropped it by now.

>tfw op posted bait

looks like a function programming language

the "ENTERPRISE" version of this would have 150 different interfaces and a class hierarchy 20 layers deep, with dependency injection, factories, beans, and FactoryBeans, and BeanFactories.

today I learned KISS means "put everything in a fifty line function"

fuck off larper

There's nothing wrong with having long functions.

No, there are two very obvious things. You can't test them and you can't easily reason about what they do.

with a decent IDE you could probably only type about a third of those characters... and when you come back to this code in 6 months to fix something or modify it the verbosity suddenly becomes a benefit because it's clear precisely what the code is doing.

do yourself a favor and learn how a debugger works

I know for a fact that you don't know shit about Java. Oracle has improved Java. I want you to to exactly point out how Oracle has made Java worse.

Also OP is a complete retard who does not understand OOP.

This is the greatest piece of coding I have ever seen.

i give you permission to stop replying to bait