HALP

1. Have 2400G processor.
2. Bought RX 590 yesterday.
3. Fresh-installed newest Adrenalin WHQL (18.12.2) drivers.
4. GPU-Z and Adrenalin both report that my freshly installed RX 590 is running in a PCI-e 3.0 x8 mode instead of full x16, while also being CrossFired with my 2400G's integrated Vega 11 video even though I did NOT put them into Hybrid CFX.

I've tried to find where/how to turn off Hybrid CrossFire, but this shit doesn't appear in Adrenalin ANYMORE (it did in older versions, MUCH older, like, 8+ months ago. It could usually be found in Global gaymen settings or Additional for Preferences, but they're NOT there anymore as of 18.12.2, it seems) and I don't know what to do.

Halp, Jow Forums. How do I turn this Hybrid CFX shit off and disable my 2400G's integrated video so that it won't happen anymore? I've lurked in BIOS and it says my RX 590 is running as primary, as it should, but Adrenalin and GPU-Z still report my config as being run in Hybrid CFX. How do I turn this shit off? I want to run my RX 590 in full PCI-e 3.0 x16, not halved to x8 because of forced Hybrid CFX.

Mobo is AsRock X370 Gaming 4K with latest BIOS update, DDU and GPU-Z are also latest.
Video card is Sapphire's RX 590 Nitro+ Special Edition.
OS is Winblows 10 1803 LTSB.

Attached: ZEN.jpg (534x488, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1
amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a different cpu m8e, one without an intergrated gpu.
the 2400g is x8 mode ONLY
t.2400g owner

Either post proofs, or slit your wrists.

>2400G is x8 mode ONLY
It's about the fact system is set in CFX of 2400G's Vega 11 and discrete, not about "how 2400G operates". OP is asking how to turn CrossFire off with latest Adrenalin drivers, not why this is happening since he clearly already figured it out.

>(18.12.2)
The new drivers are very buggy avoid them until they are fixed and just use the older ones amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-1

>New drivers are very buggy
It's WHQL, you ass. These are as stable and accurate as you can get. Beta and Alpha are way more buggy and unstable.

can you disable the iGPU in UEFI?

Already did. It disappeared from DDU reporting, but the system still pretty much runs in CFX as it reports both in GPU-Z and Adrenalin as being set in x8 mode, which only can happen if there are two GPUs working on that motherboard of mine (either one at x16, or two at x8+x8).

>whql
Lmao

You do know that the 2400g only has 12 pcie lanes and as such its impossible to get x16? Fucking retards I swear

What?

Are you saying CPU is bottlenecking/gimping motherboard's own lanes? Because, so just that you know, X370 Gaming 4K has two PCI-e 3.0 and it should set x8 mode ONLY if there's two GPUs. Also, it is you who's the fucking retard since you're clearly not reading what have been said previously - the system reports as being run in hybrid crossfire, this has nothing to with how many lanes this APU has. Turn off APU's integrated grapphics and it should provide x16 to discrete GPU just fine, but the problem is OP doesn't know/can't find how to turn hybrid crossfire off, since AMD changes this shit and makes it harder every time.

Do you even know how it works? It doesn't matter what the fuck the motherboard does because the CPU itself has only 12 lanes, of which 4 are used by the chipset. The dGPU can only run at a maximum of 3.0 x8 because there are only 8 lanes to work with. The number of lanes available are determined by the CPU not the motherboard. OP can have an Asus XTREME Gamer 3000 with a sweet x16/x16/x16/x16 set up and that motherfucker will never run faster than a single x8 GPU because the CPU is inherently gimped with 12 lanes. Go back to buying prebuilts you troglodyte

So, if 2400G was 12 as you say, how many is 2700 or 2700X then?

They have 20 lanes which means you could run a card at x16 and have 4 left over for a m2

Where can you even read on such things? Like, for CPUs in general, not just Zen+.

Google the CPU, or wikichips, or where ever really

You're not helping.
Is there, like, a site which provides clean and easy to read full specs/features in plain text? Even wikipedia doesn't have this.

Google it, were not going to spoon feed you!

OP is a dunce for not realizing his CPU factually can not provide more than 8 X lanes. Not like it will matter for an RX 590.... it won’t need more than that anyway to see full performance.

Wikichips man it literally states all the information for a chip on it. It's not theoretical physics.

>You're not helping.
>Is there, like, a site which provides clean and easy to read full specs/features in plain text? Even wikipedia doesn't have this.

My dude do you need this guy to spoonfeed you? Web search it. *cpu* number of pcie lanes. That will answer your question.

>Being this retarded
Absolutely brain dead.

Attached: 1545020438359.jpg (880x640, 67K)

Nice non-argumentation and sperging, kid.

I didn't need to, because this guy already did the work.

But you are retarded...

>RX 590 is running in a PCI-e 3.0 x8 mode instead of full x16
That shouldn't concern you. It's a motherboard issue, though it's not even an issue, 8x PCIe 3.0 is enough to run mid range GPU.
>while also being CrossFired with my 2400G's integrated Vega 11
That shouldn't even be possible, and since when does GPU-z report crossfire?

>It's a motherboard issue
How so? It works perfectly fine, most things considering. It's only this one particular caveat.

>That shouldn't even be possible, and since when does GPU-z report crossfire?
GPU-Z doesn't say "crossfire", but it shows discrete GPU as running in x8 1.1, or something like that. And DDU was reporting both Vega 11 and RX 590 as being in the drivers until Vega 11's controller was disabled in BIOS.

I swear...... next that pci info in gpuz there’s a button to start a small 3d Render to force the card out of the lower power pci state.

All modern cards lower their pci state when not being taxed.

You learned a lot today didn’t you ?

yikes, you must be embarrassed

Well actually I overestimated the number of PCIe lanes in raven ridge.
Normally it's the motherboard issue because motherboard handles PCIe routing. CPU provides PCIe lanes and motherboard decides how to use it, and smart routing that can redistribute unused lanes is expensive, so most vendors simply bind peripherals to specific lanes.
Raven ridge has 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes, 8 occupied by iGPU, 4 used to power a chipset. Looks like only 12 lanes are available to power peripherals (+ PCIe 2.0 lanes provided by chipset) so you can't have a 16x PCIe 3.0 mode port.
Again that's a non-issue for a mid-range GPU like yours. Next generation will have PCIe 4.0 which will eliminate it entirely.
GPUs running in 8x PCIe mode is pretty common actually.

Quite honestly...I did. I never knew this was a thing, what the hell. At what point/when this became a thing, even?

If 8 is routed to Vega 11, shouldn't it be free and provided to PCI-e/SATA when integrated GPU is turned off?

I don't think raven ridge has internal routing so no.

Is it because one of the bridges still present on motherboard and not internally on CPU? Wasn't Zen 2 or 3 supposed to have both north and south integrated, so this clears a lot of space on future motherboards?

It's adrenaline driver with many new features, retard. They always buggy. Never install adrenaline drivers on release.

>buying AMD

there is no help for you

It's WHQL, you imbecile. WHQL is always tested rigorously before being released to public, as it a feature-freeze set. WHQL is always most stable and bug-free release.

The 18.12.2 driver is not WHQL

Slit your wrists, you dumb cocksucking imbecile shit.

Attached: 3564567ryurfth75t6.png (468x900, 3.22M)

That is not the official AMD site but this is amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-2 and there is no mention of WHQL

not OP, but i think all mainboards do this

Attached: Screenshot_20181217-130939.png (720x1440, 172K)

Holy shit you're a total fucking cretin. Like, wooooow you're DUUUMB.

That actually explained things way better than most shitposts ITT, tanks.

Have you tried not being retarded?

Nice kneejerking, imbecile. You were rekt with facts, but please do continue on being buttmad dumb cretin you are. It makes people smile and laugh out loud. Holy shit you're a total fucking brainlet, kek.

>you were rekt with facts
>provides no facts
Why are you so retarded?

It doesn't matter if it's WHQL or not, you autist. Adrenaline drivers always buggy. Wait a week or two for hotfixes

Off yourself, cocksucker.

So now you're backpedaling hard after getting owned in the ass, huh? Keep at it, kid.

Get a non igpu cpu Jamal

>amd releases buggu drivers
shocking