Do you use SMS?

Do you use SMS?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

lol no, i don't send faxes either

ya but im a 28 year old boomer

Extremely rarely.
t. Android user

What do you use to message with friends?

Yes. It's the lowest common denominator of communication in the us.

Whatsapp like any relevant country.
If you are amerishart then you might send SMS like a retard.

BAHAHAHA
Imagine being an Amerilard. You either have to buy iCrap to fit in, or use Android and be ostracized by your homo and female acquaintances. Those primitive apes don't have a universal program to easily send long text messages, images, files, and videos.

Attached: F4D04ECC60D44288BB20D717ECDB72B8.jpg (618x679, 30K)

My phone uses mms when I send or receive a picture or a long text. Why, what am I supposed to use? My friends aren't on their computers all the time like me and they need to text me somehow.

On the other hand you're locked into using a single company's product because everyone else does. Doesn't seem like a good solution. RCS is the better idea

Ever heard of instant messaging apps?

Messenger, WhatsApp etc
I know, I know... You, ifags are implying that VOIP or messages over internet is somehow apple invention and there's nothing similar on Android.
Well, it's not.

Yes

>Headquarters: Menlo Park, CA
sweatie please

>WhatsApp is owned by an American company == Americans use WhatsApp
no

At least I am not locked to a single company's device as well. Might not have complete freedom to pick my messaging app, but I have freedom in choosing my phone.

Current year messaging apps are platform-agnostic so you can communicate with your laptop and continue the conversation with your phone on the fly. Things like Telegram work in Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS so it doesn't matter how many devices you own, you're always reachable on the one that you are currently holding. There's even a browser version. SMS is a caveman protocol compared to that.

Yes, if I'm contacting somebody that I'm buying from or selling to. That's about it.

why didn't everyone adopt federated xmpp + otr encryption like i asked

Attached: 1544068167848.png (657x600, 84K)

Yeah but don't they spy on you? Texting is probably comprised too but it's NSA vs NSA + companies + highest bidding company.

However, I'm looking into xmpp.

this, also sending default "can't talk, call you later" messages when can't answer to shock my contacts with an SMS.

my friend told me that when he stilled used to use sms he he once sent "too" many so that the provider sent his parents his sms log with a a couple hundrets sms
that's why i usually dont use sms

No, I don't even use a SIM card.

my gf has only dumbphone so yeah

I'd prefer to use only calls+sms, too but i can't since my accounts are too deeply entangled with my professional contacts

I have only 2 contacts (mom and dad).I hear from them once a month.I havent sent a message or made a call to another person in 11 years.

I'd love to but everyone in my country uses (((Whatsapp)))

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

>my gf

awesome joke bro

only if it's selfdrilling

Of course. It's pretty much the only way people can reliably get in touch with me. I'd love to drop the phone but I really don't have another option.

I use them exclusively.
Why would I ever need anything else to send text messages?

How? What is your life like?

Yes. Not everyone is on facebook all the time and my mom doesn't even have one.

yes with everyone else who hasn't installed Signal

So everyone

best foss non-sms app?

Plenty do, its just far more sudacas that do because their mobile phone companies charge them 90s rates for minutes and sms still

All the time
Sms is compatible with all phones even brick phones from 30 years ago. You dont need a special app, the receiver doesn t also