Daaaammmmnnnnn unix looks like that!?

>daaaammmmnnnnn unix looks like that!?

Attached: 00.jpg (1500x1000, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification#Currently_registered_UNIX_systems
opengroup.org/testing/testsuites/unix.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's the tablet

That's a thinkpad running windows 10

That's clearly windows

>touchpad
cringe

Looks like shit.

It looks beautiful. Sharp, professional, utilitarian. Modern Thinkpads are gorgeous.

Attached: 1*xa2VOE_zOpxjf9F0bzEKvA.png (1600x1066, 830K)

They also are fucking expensive as fuck.

That's Windows. Unless you install one of the 7 Unix operating systems on that Thinkpad you are not using Unix.

Used xx60 series are starting to become affordable. I got a T460s for $300.

It is not that bad. They are basically the apples of windows computers.
I don't know any other brand with a better keyboard and trackpoint.
I have to use HP at work, similar price, but the computer is unusable without an external mouse. I use it as a desktop because it sucks so much. WHO FORGETS THE FUCKING MIDDLE CLICK BUTTON?

Nice

they are not even that expensive compared to other high end laptops. Sure you could just get some Acer shitheap and get better specs per dollar but there is a reason they cost what they do.

GNU is NOT UNIX

I have some kind of MacBook ripoff at the moment and there's left- and right- 'mouse buttons' hided under touch bar, which is cool. To simulate MMB I have to '''tap''' with two fingers, which is uncool, but not really THAT bad...

>hided
*hidden

I mean, you're an engineer, can't you afford it?

poo in loo streetshitter

thats the point

It makes no sense.

>Having a job

Yes it does.
If you own a Lenovo lappy and don’t install GNU/Linux on it, you’re a brainlet

But neither Windows, Lenovo, or GNU/Linux have anything to do with Unix.

But driver support is notoriously bad on Chinkpads and GNU/Linux.

>t460s
I got a t460 with 16gb ram and 512 gb ssd for $400, full HD, feels so good!

Where do I get sexy windows thinkpad tablet?

Just because Linus and Stallman didn’t purchase a certificate from the open group, doesn’t mean it’s not functionally Unix. If anything, it’s closer to the original vision than MacOS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification#Currently_registered_UNIX_systems

2 linux distros are unix certified

Since when? Fairly certain it’s actually notoriously good.

And what exactly is the functional difference between how these distro do things compared to common ones like redhat or Debian?

opengroup.org/testing/testsuites/unix.html
Both are based on redhat, and if it can be modified to pass their tests then so can any other distro.