Firefox

>he is still using Botnetfox

Attached: 1531998144319.png (980x528, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/commit/15c68dc344b5781b7d0269cee0d8fd0ce43093c2
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
privacytools.io/
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md
chromium.woolyss.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based mozilla backdooring telemetry, selling user metrics and doesn't afraid of anything

Amazing how you managed to not only hide the link but the repo and author name too. Gimme a link to this you fuckwit.

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/commit/15c68dc344b5781b7d0269cee0d8fd0ce43093c2

time to get off this train

Where to go now bros?

Attached: 1503181983640.png (938x902, 178K)

Funny, I already had all these disabled.
It's almost like you nerds either have no fucking clue what you're doing, or you're naive enough to expect corporations in this age of advertiser supremacy not to act in accordance with it... Firefox is still the least evil of your choices in that regard, and being open source, provides you all the opportunity in the world to escape its own clutches. Being an idiot is no longer an excuse.
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
privacytools.io/
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md
Stop bitching about things you can easily change, stop trying to be spoonfed and look for your own answers, stop being a lazy faggot just because your own security requires a little bit of effort.
Stop saving history and cookies and passwords, and disable disk caching and store your profile on a tmpfs for a speed boost.
You're fucking welcome.

> look for your own answers

The thread said that the only place where the pref is mentioned is now private.

With firefox updates about:config entries can ,and have already happen multiple times, change.

if the bugzilla tickets are going to be private not for security but for hiding questionable decisions then "looking for your own answers" is going to be pretty hard.

What can you expect from the most evil and unethical corporation that's only second to Google.

>mozilla
>second to Google

Attached: 1527355742508.png (468x347, 98K)

Brave.

>Firefox is still the least evil of your choices.
No its not.

Yes, it is, and you're a fool if you can't see that, especially for those whose greatest argument is "DA TRANNY SJEWS INVADIN MUH OPANSAUCE", as if they ever actually contribute to anything meaningful or critical in any field or product...

chrome. Embrace the botnet

google is worse when it comes to muh SJWs

>system addons
What's this? A new name for the extensions shipped with the browser located in \browser\features? You should already have deleted everything in that folder. Literally nothing of value.

Let me rephrase that, it's the best 'balance' of evil vs functionality/compatibility/freedom/privacy.

>You should already have deleted everything in that folder.

Firefox will redownload them you have to do more than just delete them.

/etc/hosts
0.0.0.0 tiles.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 experiments.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 telemetry.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 incoming.telemetry.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 telemetry-experiment.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 search.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 shavar.services.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 onyx_tiles.stage.mozaws.net
0.0.0.0 crash-stats.mozilla.com
0.0.0.0 fhr.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 blocked.cdn.mozilla.net
0.0.0.0 tbpl.mozilla.org
0.0.0.0 shavar.services.mozilla.com

Doesn't matter, most of the chromium derivatives are the same on privacy that Quantum. (brave, vivaldi, chromium)

While forks should give you better privacy (waterfox, ungoogled chromium...)

Mozilla has been doing bad decisions for a few years now, they don't deserve to be trusted anymore.

They are redownloaded when you update. Manual updates + double click on pic related solves it.
If you are on linux with pacman there's also a way to exclude them permanently, I think.

Attached: a.png (79x89, 12K)

un-ironically the best way to block that shit cause mozilla keeps changing the about:config entries from time to time.

No, system addons were added so they can update or add them between versions, there's an about:config entry not very reliable to disable it, same for experiments that sometimes resets itself for no apparent reason.

>your only choice
No its not. If you were really concerned about security you'd give people a choice between one of the safe forks instead or the many browsers without any of this botnet in the first place or (theoretically) debotneted Firefox.
You only care trying to keep people using Firefox for stupid personal/political reasons.

>have to use Firefox ESR, or avoid updating Firefox stable to any new version until other people find out all the new malware/bloatware/adware
>have to use a Policy file to lock Firefox down
>have to use custom user.js to change hundreds of obscure prefs that change randomly every now and then, with more added every version
>have to empty the "features" folder after every update
>have to block Firefox telemetry IPs in firewall
soon it'll be required to compile your own version to remove this shit.. oh, but that now requires bloated node.js and rust and takes forever to compile (lmao)

If you care about privacy why are you using the main fork instead of an open source botnet free version someone has already made? I use Iridium which is basically ungoogled chromium on all my devices and have 0 issues.

>they can update or add them between versions
Deleting them after every update works, then.

>sometimes resets itself
User.js, Locked prefs, probably the new policies feature too.

I'm actually on Nightly, have been for years and have never noticed any of the shady shit people lament happening here on Jow Forums.
Again, I just manually update, delete browser\features, and use customized user.js and locked prefs.

>he is still using Deadfox
ftfy

Any why should I trust some random independent developer's fork any more than Mozilla? Especially when they're all out of date and basically just modified about:config settings out of the box, which I can do myself...
I never said it was the 'only' choice, I said it was the best choice.
These are the lengths you have to go to, with ANY browser these days, to ensure your privacy given the current state of the web. If you're not willing to do that, you might as well just give in to the botnet completely.

Why should I trust mozilla (a known malware developer), some random persons blog, and some person on Jow Forums who's trying their hardest (manipulatively) to get/keep people using firefox?

You shouldn't and I didn't say you should, and I don't give a shit what people use, but you ignorant anti-Firefox nerds keep spreading misinformed bullshit.

ungoogled chrome

I just caught Brave on android delivering and sending encrypted data in background even though it was force closed. It launches itself without permission.
All browsers are a botnet. Firefox is the only one which offers privacy features.

IceCat is already compiled to remove Mozilla's bullshit. Tor Browser also exists.

Just use Waterfox, how many fucking times do we have to tell you normies?

Those IGNORANT (rural?) anti-shill NERDS, how dare they use software against their interests.

just change folder permissions

Shut up, nerd.

Attached: 1515982920805.png (450x524, 161K)

What the fuck?
What does Chrome/Chromium connect to?

Attached: killing bytes.jpg (640x457, 49K)

that but replace firefox with google.

>github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md
>Replace your e-mail provider with a more safe, more appropriate provider. A good option is Tutanota, another alternative is cock.li.
to the trash it goes

chromium.woolyss.com/
use the ungoogled variant

vivaldi is nice

just use icecat

FAKE NEWS

Is it so wrong to expect goodness and justice in this world?

It's naive to.
The web is shit, advertisers in conjunction with megacorporations have ruined everything, and social media was a mistake.

>Yfw every technology company can't be trusted any more
>tfw the only winning move is to not play the game

Attached: merry.jpg (720x888, 334K)

>Guys, Mozilla is spying on us, we should disable all the telemetry
>Guys, why does Mozilla keep removing all the features I use?
Otherwise technically savvy people are shooting themselves in the foot.

>Any why should I trust some random independent developer's fork any more than Mozilla?
I trust some random autist over Mozilla or any other large corporation/organization.

They might be more trustworthy, they might not be.
It's not a tenable strategy to rely on some unknown individual's fork for your security though. Lead developers of shit disappear off the face of the planet all the time, just look at what happened to Void. They stop developing, they lag behind on security updates, or they just stop caring eventually. It's open source, just configure it yourself, and whatever corporate bullshit they stick into the browser is easily mitigated.

>just look at what happened to Void
Not much because the rest of the devs stepped in.

Waterfox

icecat

You say that like it wasn't a major pain in the ass for them.
Lots of projects just have one person.

Chromium and its derivatives are tainted by Google - and compared to Google, Mozilla has a fucking stellar track record - and Vivaldi is actually proprietary.

The meme forks aren't really more trustworthy than the upstream, and they are subject to rot over time from the fork's creation.

I use vivaldi on desktop now and firefox on my phone still

Couldn't get use to Brave since it's crashing some pages (even here/actually captcha crashes), Vivaldi is something that always feels strange for some reason, but I think it's nice overall.
So the only options I have is Vivaldi that's awkward and chromium which I guess the only reliable way to keep it up to date is chocolatey.

qutebrowser

Attached: Qutebrowser.svg.png (1200x1200, 97K)