RTX bakes 18 times faster

twitter.com/Allegorithmic/status/1074675626664189954
>RTX bakes 18 times faster
IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 4563548343253.png (653x726, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Allegorithmic/status/1074675626664189954
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>raytracing-optimized hardware is better at raytracing
Shocker.

seething AMD fag

>gpu vs cpu
is this what nvidiots have resorted to?
jesus...

>intel cpu vs nvidia gpu in a highly parallel workload
firstly, not a shocker and second, what does this have to do with RTG?

>intel cpu vs nvidia gpu in a highly parallel workload
>firstly, not a shocker and second, what does this have to do with RTG?
'this like asking if the Holocaust is real!

oy vey

how will ayymd recover?

This is the only thing RTX cards are actually good for. They're pieces of dogshit for the people actually playing the games these people are making.

retard

>corporate fanboys
Literally just buy whatever is best at your chosen price point haha

>twitter.com/Allegorithmic/status/1074675626664189954
If you have an AMD card you have to use the CPU.
This shit right here is why I have to buy Nvidia. No fucking choice because AMD refuses to show up. The professional graphics applications are quickly moving to embrace turing and rtx. AMD better do fucking do something if they don't want to become completely invisible in this space.

Do people seriously still bake with Painter/Designer? I ditched that for baking 2 years ago.

Its skew painting is super primitive in Designer, you have to bake a test map, then manually paint a black/white skew map over it then rebake, not to mention you can't even paint skew correction in Painter AT ALL. Painter and Designer also create some of the most intense seams in normal maps of any baker on the market today, it's horrible. Their thickness map baking also take the longest of any software that can do it.

Marmoset, Knald, xNormal and native DCC renderer based baking (VRay, Arnold, etc) are all substantially faster and produce better maps. Marmoset also has a realtime, on-mesh skew painting tool to top it all off (And can bake around 4 times more map types, seriously Substance can't even bake Cavity maps). The Substance suite may be top tier in actual texturing but its baking is unbelievably shit and with the exception of the new RTX AO baking, the rest of the bakers are still CPU based and take literally 30-50 TIMES longer to bake an 8K, 64 sample Normal/Thickness/Curvature maps than Marmoset or Knald which are entirely GPU accelerated.

>18x faster
>180x more blurry

>I need sharpness in my AO map

Moron

This.
Why they decided to market this Volta 2.0 shit to (gamer) faggots is mindbloeignnh no wonder they lost half their own value in a couple of months (not just because of the mining boom)
It's on 2 year old 12nm to boot and has instability issues out the ass whoever bought one of these is a moron I hope they resell them for pittance

>Volta 2.0
Volta had double precision. turing is such a let down. told my roommate that Turing was just a Pascal refresh but he didn't believed me. nowiik at Turing man, Nvidia had to reduce number of ray tracing and resolution of such to increase performance of the RTX Ponzi scheme cards.
>roommate too much of a fan fuckboy to recognise

Also the hilarious bfv downgrades I wonder how bad metro last lol will be
These cards are useless can't even do raster stuff any better than a heavily oc'd 1080ti to boot.
Even more hilarious is they get like 30-40fps in the new time spy raytraced benchmark while a fucking 2080ti on ln2 at 2600mhz only gets 50fps at 1440p
Easily the stupidest card they have ever made it looks Vega and fury look good in comparison
Somehow nvidia made a card that's even more bottlenecked at a core architecture level then fucking amd gcn
Glad their stock is in the toilet and cards arnt selling so they'll actually have to try when they go up against amd and intel in 202x

>they'll actually have to try when they go up against amd and intel in 202x
more competitions is always better. real Ray Tracing is at least 2 gen away

What are you trying to say here? He is using a CPU to bake AO map. at the end of the day this will make no difference in development.

>AMD murders tessellation to pointlessly low levels since it can't handle it
>"BASED OPTIMIZATION, NVIDIA BTFO"
>Nvidia stops employing full quality ray tracing at shit 500 feet away
>"LMAO DOWNGRADE SHIT TURD"

>These cards are useless can't even do raster stuff any better than a heavily oc'd 1080ti to boot.

Oh look, lies.

Meh, most of the time it's due to compilation bias of certain hardware, besides obvious optimizations discrepancy

>He is using a CPU to bake AO map.
It's almost as if it's the developer showing their new baker or something, crazy huh?

>at the end of the day this will make no difference in development.
Lol you clueless fucking moron.

>being this mad

retard

You may be actually a retard, user

T. Assmad turing faggot
Rtx on