/bsg/ Based Golang General

learn golang
tour.golang.org/welcome/1
github.com/golang/go/wiki/Learn

trending golang projects in github:

github.com/rendora/rendora
rendora: dynamic server-side rendering using headless Chrome to effortlessly solve the SEO problem for modern javascript websites

github.com/grafana/loki
Loki: Like Prometheus, but for logs.

github.com/Microsoft/ethr
Ethr: Network Performance Measurement Tool for TCP, UDP & HTTP.

Attached: gopher-side_color.png (416x554, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

go.googlesource.com/proposal/ /master/design/go2draft-error-handling-overview.md
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dart_(programming_language)
youtube.com/watch?v=a_tRpGuyELw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
– Rob Pike

wrong neighborhood, NEET

call me when they can agree on some error handling sugar

Russ Cucks already settled it go.googlesource.com/proposal/ /master/design/go2draft-error-handling-overview.md

the absolute state of Goolag

Unironically a language made for low IQ nigger retards, fitting how it has a general on Jow Forums I suppose.

You tremendously suck at passive-aggressiveness.

why would i learn a language that's going to have a major revision?

Yikes

what kind of acronym is that, sage.

Attached: ken_thompson.jpg (300x297, 49K)

Go is an absolute mess, get this shit the fuck off Jow Forums

Attached: 1533633430221.jpg (609x604, 54K)

how is it for low IQ niggers while many of today's most popular software are developed with it?

Kubernetes, Docker, Vault, Terraform, Prometheus, Hugo, syncthing, etcd

should I list more?

>should I list more?
Go on.

Consul, Nomad, Caddy, traefik, rendora

more?

does anyone thing that docker rewrite was justified in any way and not just hipsterism

>Consul, Nomad, Caddy, traefik, rendora
>more?

Yes please. Please go on. I've heard of caddy and traefik is nice even for small projects.

Attached: uieswy4n87321.jpg (2048x2943, 360K)

A bunch of hipstor garbage. Syncthing? Ever heard of rsync, faggot? Kubernetes, Docker? Makes me puke--just give me chroot + debootstrap.

K, I'm convinced for now, that is until Google abandons it for Dart.

t. NEET
t. retarded NEET

lol

Go is Deprecated. Learn Dart.

Google's new meme language

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dart_(programming_language)

Attached: dart.png (318x159, 3K)

nice

this guy's face is programmed to say "JUST"

gitlab, influxdb,

dart doesn't have gophers

Google is phasing out the gopher. It's not professional.

Attached: logos.jpg (1600x878, 48K)

>implying you wont just copy paste flutter widgets

>brilliant language
Out of curiosity, what would that be? (In Rob Pike's opinion)

none exist

C# obviously

Is golang good for making 3d games? I want to make something like lovely planet

youtube.com/watch?v=a_tRpGuyELw

Don't.

>They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language
Java, C, C++ and Python are NOT brilliant languages. When he said they are not capable of learning a brilliant language he sure as hell was not referring to Java or Python which are total brainlet level languages that any good programmer would pass over. So go ahead and keep pasting that quote, he is simply referring to the fact that he kept Go down to a level that Python, Java and C++ programmers could understand.

Waiting for someone to make "electron framework" with Golang as a backend instead of node.js

I'll make the logo.

pretty irrelevant since Electron is just an JS API +Chrome

Thanks for explaining the bleeding obvious. Nobody posts that quote implying that those are the 'brilliant' languages. Your reading comprehension is not very brilliant.

I probably wouldn’t detest go if it’s syntax were not just an abortion of C. It’s as if they wanted to make sure you didn’t confuse the language with C, but we’re too afraid to make it resemble anything from this century.

The default project management system is also baffling. Am I really supposed to put all my projects in this one folder so that the tools will handle all the building and library management for me?

>The default project management system is also baffling. Am I really supposed to put all my projects in this one folder so that the tools will handle all the building and library management for me?

google "go modules"

So sane project management feature in 2018? Even a meme language like Haskell has better management than this.

theres webview with golang bindings look it up

retards here are just regurgitating something someone said a few years ago

anyone seen the Crockford video where he points out that the majority of programmers are the ones who whinge the most and resist new languages which usually prove to be far superior? well here we are again

Yes, that’s why it’s time Rust

no, I have no idea what you're talking about.

that is so sad

If google phases out go, it's because it gave the project over to wannabe
cult leaders

How many fucking go threads does this board need? Is google raiding us or is it only one autist?

well for most people should be relatively easy to extrapolate the meaning ....