Raspberry pi 4

Are there any predictions Jow Forums?
What's your suggestions for it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

It should use an i9 and have a slot for a graphics card

I predict a 2020 launch making this thread meaningless.

It will have a Ryzen 3700X and an etch of Lisu Su on the substrate.

RGB please, and a windowed case
Also Raspberries are gay
New name Skullkrush3r Pi GTX

No headphone jack

>What's your suggestions for it?
its an educational tool
I'd like to see it stay the same

get a better SBC if you want something with different specs

But will it run Crysis?

switch to x64

>x64
Why?
BTW, it's called AMD64 or x86-64.

I still don't see any practical use for it.

support, even then ARM is gay as fuck

>support
Support for what?
>ARM is gay as fuck
How so?

I think they might switch to 4x Cortex-A55-cores. In the past the foundation has seemed to have used CPU cores that were released about 4 years earlier.

So this user here might be correct.

Switch to Risc-V or whatever that meme architecture is called.

Proper bus that doesn't suck
USB 3
Real GigE interface

Preloaded with Gentoo

Be fast enough to run oldschool runescape

underrated

Fuck off Rasim. Nobody's going to watch your stupid Raspberry Pi watercooling videos. Why would anyone spend 10x what they spent on the board to watercool it when they could just buy 10 more and cluster them?

this

Finally. We can now increase the blocksize.

RISC V

increased dust collecting.

will it be able to run windows finally?

why would you want to?

the gui just makes sense I can't do anything over command line

Not running Windows is a feature.

if you want to stick completely to a gui, what would you even use an rpi for?

besides, there's already a version of windows for the rpi (Windows 10 IoT)

based and redpilled

I predict it wont have gles3

need HUGE proppeller on it!
or i will buy old modell

Not him, but whatever happened with Windows 10 on ARM?
I remember there was a presentation showing it running Photoshop via emulation or something.

Failed like every new product launch MS has tried in the last 10 years.

As much as ARM fags like to tout their benchmarks mainstream ARM just isn't fast enough yet.

>As much as ARM fags like to tout their benchmarks mainstream ARM just isn't fast enough yet.
if it's not fast enough, why does it work for so many tasks just fine with linux?
it's not that ARM is too slow, it's Windows that is too slow.

More RAM

aarch64 natively. gbe, also uboot. we dont want broadcom jew's shitty init system

Predictions:
>New SoC with new VC5 GPU capable of driving a 4K monitor, with mainlined drivers in Linux and the BSDs (this is pretty much a sure thing given the way Broadcom is pushing the VC5 driver stack upstream)
>will still require shitty firmware to boot
>power supplies will still be nigger tier

Suggestions:
>USB3 and proper full speed 1Gbps Ethernet
>at least 4GB LPDDR4
>official Amiga 500 style keyputer case

That's because you are dumb.

piece of shit broadcom yet again with closed-source drivers
fuck the pi, it's shit

Gender neutral ports

Hw h265 decoding.

av1*

Based and redpilled

snapdragon soc

acceptance for poe and usb-c for for power

One 7nm Ryzen CCX with one Vega CU.

Attached: 56191378_p0.jpg (1800x1800, 617K)

Well it needs to stay cheap obviously. More ram and more cores are probably coming. I'd like to see more programmable GPU functionality for AI type stuff. Mesh networking facilities would be good too for IoT stuff

I want

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 464K)

Udoo bolt.

BOTNET

and HBM memory
all soldered on silcon connector with HUGE PROPELLER!
.8KW power consumprion!
Crysis 999FPS
$55 price

2GB ram, 14nm chipset and usb3

kek

At least use an ESP32
It's much faster and costs only $2 more than the ESP8266

>AMD64
>ARM

I would be happy with these, but even happier with bt,wlan and gigabit ethernet

>being this retarded
how'd you even find 4channel?

I predict it will come in 1GB and 2GB skus. People complaining about more RAM will end up as butthurt as before. Raspberry Pi will then fade off into obscurity as everyone moves to HiFive RISC-V SoCs with 8GB of ECC DDR4.

make it smaller so that itll use less space in the drawer for all the other rpis i bought and found no use for it

it probably won't have gigabit ethernet and seperate usb and ethernet.

>still no gigabit ethernet

Attached: 1538694283034.jpg (495x362, 29K)

New GPU maybe? Or at least updated decoding block for the Videocore IV. Thogh licensing HEVC is expensive and pain in the ass. VP9 should be easily possible though.

>$2 more
too mach

more RAM and USB3 support

>USB 3
Tall order considering it runs on 5V 2.5A. 2 USB3.0 ports and you're nearly out if power assuming it was maxed in the first place.

12V power supply

You're looking at a barrel connector then rather than a micro USB.

Okay ive been too afraid to ask, what is a raspberry pi?

micro USB is trash.

>what is a raspberry pi?
A cheap single-board computer with an ARM processor and decent GNU/Linux support

something delish.

Since they need to get another chip I'd say they wait another year or two until they can use RISC-V

SCREY CONNECTORS FOR ACID BATTARY

I'm actually quite happy performance-wise with the newest model with faster ethernet. I don't think that Gigabit or USB3 (and especially not shared) will become a thing in at least 5 more years if they want to keep the pricetag the same.

I would really appreciate a physical power button. Unplugging and plugging in again feels gay.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

If I had to pick one thing to upgrade I'd pick the RAM before the other stuff

haha, yes

Why the fuck does anyone want gigabit ethernet on an SBC? I keep seeing this demand. Buy a cheap PC instead.

If you're using the RPi as a NAS, then you are a moron. If you're using the RPi as a server, then you are also a moron if you want any more performance.

The RPi's purpose is to be an embedded machine. MOAR COREZ and gigabit ethernet is not that. Get some cheap x86-64 machine instead.

The RPi 3B is a complete rip-off as nearly everyone purchasing it is utilizing it for some dumb use-case whereas the RPi Zero W makes sense for its target audience.

> The RPi's purpose is to be an embedded machine
Then why the fuck we can't have RTOS Linux for it?
And OpenElect is the most popular distro for RPi

Rebranded as Onions Pi

Attached: images.jpg (186x271, 6K)

Hoping for a working power supply (USB-C contact, proper power lanes) so I don't need a USB hub.

>If you're using the RPi as a NAS, then you are a moron. If you're using the RPi as a server, then you are also a moron if you want any more performance.
This. But it is by far the most common use for it, excluding most people that use it as a duct collector.

10gb dedicated eth
USB3 + USB C
External wifi antenna
dual SDHC
dual xeon's with liquid cooling
built in blowjob machine
32GB memory
16x PCI-E interface for graphics cards
blue LED's

> (OP)
>No headphone jack
And a notch

A proprietary power and data connector only used for full size Rpis would be great too

AMDrone really ruined Jow Forums

Switch to a type C.

I'll counter-bitch by saying that having it be the slowest thing on the network is an actual pain, it doesn't need more cores, but gigabit would be really nice just to not watch my network chug along. They are also cheap for NAS and Smol Servers, so that people who don't need dedicated hardware or are entry level can use them for that purpose, dismissing those needs is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1544737528270.png (496x482, 282K)

I second this.

This.

The RasPi will probably switch to RISC-V eventually.

You'd barely get the oled on volume pricing

Simple suggestions:

>10/100 ethernet separate from USB, same with WIFI
>2 usb host controllers
>dedicated reset button at least, if not a full power switch
>more stable power consumption/power adjuster so it'll boost low voltages up if need be
>gpu that can support normal framebuffer shit, instead of only one buffer that directly outputs to the screen cocking up acceleration
>stable header/object locations (they've moved it at least 2-3 times, so if you try compile something it would probably complain)
>stable bluetooth / OpenGL support

Really those are the main problems with it. CPU/GPU performance is fine.

Would be nice:
>1x sata II connector
>decreased power consumption (3 is always having low voltage issues)

THIS
probably rpi5

I forgot:
>fucking analog I/Os
It's not like the A2Ds or D2As are expensive, but it's annoying as hell it can't do ANY analog input/output built-in. You can get headphone out with the three-in-one port (unironically, taking the headphone jack off Pi 1 pissed me off). There's no mic in.

If it had one high speed and one low speed of each for two oscilloscope/wave gen) and two sensing/setting, I'd be overjoyed.

who gives a shit? pis are useless

It's amazing to me these retards think AMD64 and x86_64 are in ARM. fucking unreal
it's FOR FUCKING X86 NOT ARM YOU SAND NIGGERS

/v/ pls go

pis are the things that cheap neckbeards buy to use once then it goes in the closet forever. pihole? get a better router. NAS? stop being poor.

I literally just want a LAN port that doesn't share bandwidth with the USB ports. Or for fucks sake if they're going to be shared, at least make the USB ports 3.0 capable. Even trying to transfer a single 2GB file over the network is a fucking chore. I'd gladly pay $100 for a raspi 3 with SATA and LAN ports that have their own bandwidth. Everything else can stay the same.
>inB4 someone mentions some chink board
I know all about the various boards and none of them have the community or support the rPi does.