Ultimate internet

how long before internet connections are so good that using a remote desktop type deal, would feel like you're actually working on the remote desktop?

I wanna work outside of my house but use the huge desktop I have at house, meaning I would only have to carry a very small and lightweight laptop with me but would be able to do very intensive tasks on my main pc

Attached: 1542880946631.jpg (1372x1952, 248K)

As soon as isp's want to

wrong, laying fiberoptic cable is incredibly expensive

its called using a server

>its called using a server
are you pretending to be retarded? the thread is about the connection between the computers

Attached: 1541710956628.jpg (645x729, 81K)

I already work exclusively through remote desktop. *THE FUTURE IS NOW*

yeah but most internet connections suck ass for this. go to the local coffee shop or library and try getting a stable fast connection with your pc, not very reliable.

What are you doing at a coffee shop? You are supposed to be working.

I have a tiny home with many distractions, I need to go somewhere where I can only work. library would be great but it's not doable

>tiny home with many distractions
>goes to coffee shop
lul

I don't actually go to coffee shops, I go to libraries, I just named it as example because many people do go there to code/work.

Nobody goes to coffee shops to code/work. They go to coffee shops to look like they code/work. I can guarantee you that not a single line of production code has ever been written in a coffee shop.

>Nobody goes to coffee shops to code/work. They go to coffee shops to look like they code/work
dude, your retarded opinion on them does not interest me, nor is it relevant to the thread.

assuming no compression for a 4k screen at 60hz + 2 channel CD quality audio you need about 1.5gbps down

Increasing speeds does not reduce latency.

>assuming no compression
why would you assume this? it's stupid. modern GPUs already effortlessly compress and stream video/audio in the background. like Shadowplay.

You seem a little defensive. You should really stop going to public places and mashing your face on the keyboard pretending to do work.

>sshfs
>thumbnails load instantly
The future is now

>projecting
not everyone is as useless as you are.

I'll work from coffee shops now and then or even the occasional brewery. Headphones and a drink keep me focused when at home I can get distracted. Then again I don't have whatever neuroses you have that cause you to believe this is impossible.

Honestly I already do this. What are your exact requirements that aren't being met? 4K? 60 FPS? I wouldn't try gaming remotely but remote work has been feasible for years

no, not 4k, just 1080p (I'd bring my old W520 with me). but upload speeds and latency kind of suck.

People are already doing so much of their daily computing from a web browser which is essentially the same thing

not to mention most popular "apps" these days on your phone/PC are shoddy resource-hogging web applications

>daily computing from a web browser which is essentially the same thing
but I work with very CPU and GPU intensive simulations, so that's impossible for me. this thread is about doing work that needs a high-spec pc, without having to have the pc with you everywhere.

>
>but I work with very CPU and GPU intensive simulations, so that's impossible for me. this thread is about doing work that needs a high-spec pc, without having to have the pc with you everywhere.

fair enough, there are some pretty impressive PC gaming streaming services out there that point to this kind of computing in the near future- Google has their own solution within Chrome, streaming Ass Creed Odyssey from just a few weeks back