Why do monitors have such awful black uniformity?

Why do monitors have such awful black uniformity?

Attached: 1.png (1824x1042, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality/contrast-ratio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you fell for the IPS meme

this op is a retard

All those monitors are VA panels though.

rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality/contrast-ratio

Monitors are for retards who fell for the monitor meme. They're stuck with 2012 level tech. Not even joking. Even the VA panels are.

The only monitors that don't have terrible black uniformity are some higher end and newer Samsung monitors that are basically just their 2015-2018 TV panels shrunk down to 27"-32".

Why do TVs have such bad input lag?

>still thinking it's 2011

TV's have >12ms input lag nowadays gramps, making them on par with 60hz-75hz monitors but with significantly greater image quality.

M8, high-end monitors have 1ms for years now, even a cheap model for the last 10 years have about ~5ms.

are there any pc monitors that have fald?

>posting on Jow Forums
>still confusing response time with input latency

Attached: 1519465243864.jpg (854x480, 34K)

There are monitors with shitty dimming but not full array, at least not to my knowledge.

>still confusing response time with input latency
And even then. 1ms response time is achieved with very specific settings, typically with overdrive set to the max, which you will never use unless you want to enjoy crap like reverse ghosting.
Your typical "1ms response time" monitor is 3-3.5ms at best.
As for input lag, it's over 10ms for 99.95% of monitors no matter how much money you throw at it.

What are they?

There are a few that are obscenely expensive and FALD doesn't help much because FALD is a meme

Why are TVs not used for real professional work if they're so good? Because the best monitors have better color gamut and accuracy, and for your typical office drone monitors are way better than shit TVs.

Big and expensive, there are monitors like the Dell Ultrasharps that hit 90+% coverage of DCI-P3 for like 1/3 of the cost. Contrast isn't a consideration in color work, but it's visually more impressive for sure when viewing content.

>office drone monitors
>good at all
>barely 70% of DCI-P3 coverage
Hahaha, no.

Missed the point entirely, retard. Office drones are given those standard 1080p Dells that are pretty shit, but are still better than any TV at the hundred to two hundred price range and are far easier to daisychain together next to a dock.

>I'm poor so everyone is only allowed to buy garbage I can afford

Fuck off poorfag

Professional photo work monitor =/= good image quality. Those monitors are solely designed for color accuracy for certain programs and for printing and photography, not movies, shows, or games. They do not have good contrast or otherwise good image quality overall. Color accuracy past a certain point is USELESS for people watching content and playing games because only YPbPr and RGB are used for that content, and Contrast, black uniformity, etc, are all much more important factors for image quality.

USB input is like 20ms delay anyways so it's a meme.

It all adds up together, so theoretically you are getting less lag with a 144hz monitor that has a >10ms input latency, but at that point your mouse and keyboard, CPU, GPU, and game engine are all adding up to like 100+ms of inherent lag, so plus or minus 5-10ms isn't going to really make a difference. At that point the only thing that makes a difference is GTG response time and higher refresh rate allowing you to see more motion information.

Because your monitor isn't built around a CRT otherwise you wouldn't have these issues.

>he bought a 16:9 or even worse an ultra-meme aspect ratio

Call me when they start making 27 to 43 inch 16:10 TVs then we'll talk. I need my vertical real estate if it's already taking up my desk space

Attached: 1529930199239.png (500x533, 214K)

But you faggots scream that CRTs have terrible blacks whenever the topic comes up.