GOOGLE = EVIL

>when you actively put effort into sabotaging others software instead of improving your own
neowin.net/news/former-edge-intern-says-google-sabotaged-microsofts-browser

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-18 Former Edge intern says Google sabotaged Microsoft's browser.png (778x461, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/12/the-web-now-belongs-to-google-and-that-should-worry-us-all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Google kept making changes to its sites that broke other browsers, and we couldn't keep up. For example, they recently added a hidden empty div over YouTube videos that causes our hardware acceleration fast-path to bail

>when we asked, YouTube turned down our request to remove the hidden empty div and did not elaborate further.

woah! someone who has the most resources plays dirty? what a suprise!!!

how does it feel to be Netscape now, Microsoft?

Attached: burnieani.gif (126x157, 25K)

Microsoft is getting some if its medicine and doesn't like It? Really makes your noggin jogging.

The next time I have to use Internet Explorer explicitly because some website still uses ActiveX, I'll be sure to shed a very tiny tear for MS getting bullied by big bad google with an empty div over videos.

I'd like more evidence of "sabotage" than a single instance anecdote.

> make a new Chromium based browser
> everyone still downloads Chrome because of the name
They never learn.

>could never happen bros because google is the good guy :^)

>chromium based browser that integrates with windows theming

This is good news for windows users

How when chrome based browsers are literal garbage?

I'm not a web developer but if an empty causes a malfunction on a web browser then it's the web browser's fault, jewgle has no responsibility to fix microshaft's messy bugs

Mozilla complained about it too. Look for Google Polymer project.

it's not cut and dry; but google like reverse engineered aspects of edge, and intentionally added an empty div to nullify any optimizations the browser was performing

it's a dick move by google, but at the end of the day, you're right; it's edge's responsibility

So it was an empty div and your renderer just bails because of it?
Seems like that's obviously Microsofts fault.

Why is Google to blame here? Anyone could have done that. Many sites do actually. It's a common technique for blocking right click saving of images. Places like pintrest has done it in the past (maybe still, I rarely check).

The best idea I have is that they're special casing for YouTube. Of course you're gonna have a disadvantage then. It's not a site you control. Do it in a more robust way than relying on the fucking dom structure. That's just bizarre.

>they were intentionally malicious
That's difficult to know when we're talking about 10 characters of html breaking their functionality. Maybe if this goes to a suit and discovery we would know but before then it's really hard to tell.

At least they're fast. 90% of windows users don't care about anything else.

And keeping ActiveX completely closed and unavailable to other browsers, while promoting it's use in websites ad programs everywhere was just a cool bro thing to do?
Keeping Mac and Linux users away from certain web pages over some proprietary BS?

Seriously. ActiveX was the biggest piece of shit in existence. And the fact that Intuit used it heavily in Quickbooks was the biggest nightmare ever. It literally forced entire accounting departments to rely on ancient-ass Internet Explorer for shit, on campuses where every other department was using a different browser.

>digs up decades old shit to defend google with whataboutism
Fuck off shill

>ITT: it's only wrong when Microsoft does it.

Attached: steviewonder.jpg (600x600, 68K)

I deploy Firefox wherever I go. People are afraid of Google cuz "muh data" and Microsoft is just flat out shit.
Also, a good few of my clients still deal with older versions of Quickbooks, I've got 2 different Service Companies that do HVAC/Water Heaters/Some other shit where the online pages that allow them to file warranty claims on work they did for the manufacturer, require ActiveX/Internet Explorer, and a Copier Dealership where one of their manufacturers' requires Internet Explorer to navigate their service portal.

It's not an old issue. It's been going on for Decades, yeah. But it's still on-going because no big company wants to pay devs to upgrade shit that doesn't make them money upfront, and small businesses like a 3-person trucking company doesn't want to shell out for a new version of Quickbooks when the older one does all that they need (but they'll still bitch when it doesn't work, knowing full well they've been told the last half-dozen times, that if I can't fix it, they HAVE to buy something new)

Isn’t that the kind of shit Microsoft did to drive out competition like Netscape and Xerox?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They should release the source code. That way it can be ported to Linux and also fixed

i also work at a tech giant and it doesn't surprise me one little bit that pajeet-tier microshit code breaks on an empty div.

i also guarantee you that nobody at google even gave one neuron of thought to edge when that div was added.

if i had to bet it's some kind of hack to assuage some pajeet-tier subsystem of google's own, or it just got missed during code review because the reviewers were pajeets.

>Netscape
>Burning IE GIF
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Fuck Google desu
I'd rather use Edge any day.

Just like they did with yahoo.

>google chrome
>a more successful cross platform piece of code
>widely accepted by the community
>hailed as a desired program
>internet explorer
>rebranded as edge to trick you into using it
>search bar opens edge only to trick you into using it
>popups in the os to trick you into using it or convince you not to use chrome or firefox
>widely rejected by the community
>is unable to be uninstalled by the user who rightfully owns the computer
>is not cross platform. can only be run with a $200 windows license
>windows 10 will not easily run on a computer with 4 gigs of ram additionally which is sorta necessary for edge
>only exists because microsoft is too proud to decomission it and install firefox by default.
>in world of war craft this person is called a scrub
>in pvp they complain that people only won because they used strategies that were overpowered
>they don't realize that the path to success is by choosing strategies that win
>chrome has done their job by making a browser that works well and is accepted
>nobody wants edge or a very small percentage on the internet but microsoft essentially rapes your shit and makes you have it be installed.
>no means no microsoft. You would think a company so worried about sjw ethics would realize this
>nobody sabotaged edge edge is shit
>even if it runs javascript correctly it is shit cause it only runs on windows
>no means no microsoft lay your paws off of my computer

Attached: 50bbnsjtpi8z.jpg (954x1347, 58K)

Except when google does it it's open standard and it's up to your pajeets to implement it correctly.
When microshit did it it was a Microshit® Extended© Standard for Winblows® available for nobody and it held back internet developement for decade.
So yeah, fuck them to hell and good riddance, never lose a war, but in this particular case the king was so much a spectacular dick and insufferable asshole, I would enjoy watching people stuffing his chopped-up head with dicks.

oh noooo that suuuuuuucks

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Google is the Microsoft of today, and they're getting a monopoly on web browsers.
By celebrating Edge's demise you're supporting the new monopoly.

>At least they're fast.
are we in the 90s or something

>Microsoft got bullied by Google
I love Google now.
Only if Microsoft would step their game up and bully Google, then I could enjoy seeing the both empires crumble down.

>edge dead
>failfox fails
>\G\ sucking google's cock like the good goyim they are as always

>microsoft complains about dirty play
kek

lol, this

Just what did we do to deserve Google?

>chromium is open source and free as in freedom
>microsoft still fails to keep up

Honestly this. Microsoft said they were embracing open sores, why not put their code where their mouth is?

Attached: image.jpg (645x729, 82K)

> Except when google does it it's open standard
What is QUIC?
What is SPDY?
What is AMP?
Fucking cocksucker.

Microsoft does the same with its Office standards. They intentionally don't adhere to their own open standards to sabotage LibreOffice compatibility.

Fuck off jewgle cuck

>reading

Yet youtube-dl and firefox had no issues lasting longer than a few hours
hahahah
absolute state of microcucks

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/12/the-web-now-belongs-to-google-and-that-should-worry-us-all/

yea, it's the idiot developers fault for not supporting everything. Frameworks that have full support exist for that fucking reason. Only absolute IDIOTS would use proprietary, single OS shit. like .net, directX, etc

This. Google isn't a good custodian for the web. Given a chance they'll replace the standards we know with shitty propriety tech that's "Made for Chrome".

More like replace mozillas fucking retarded NPAPI with something sane like pepper.

I suppose you think QUIC was a crap idea too, oh noes they tryin to lower latency and increase throughput boohoohoo

Fuck off tripfag.

>proprietary standards are ok for monopolies when I don’t like the current state of the web

Eat a dick you retarded cunt.

Was it webgl that you thought was so horrible? webp perhaps?

No?

>Edge is close sourced
It can suck a fat one.

Attached: 1375834067977.png (1008x955, 368K)

No, it's AMP, lazy web devs ate it up because they're so desperate for any new technology to improve load times and finally fix their shitty house of card websites. Instead they could all try to not use multiple megabytes of javascript for even the most basic static pages, and focus on reducing the number of requests made by pages, but no we need a new HTTP standard to fix that.

The "modern" web is garbage and Google isn't trying to fix it, they're just putting up more barriers to entry for competitors.

>Google isn't trying to fix it
That's exactly what AMP does.

Tripfags are so sexy.

Attached: me.jpg (747x996, 138K)

You're a fucking moron if you believe what Google tells you they're trying to do is for the good of the web. AMP breaks the web by making URLs meaningless, please explain how AMP is actually better than just writing good web pages?

AMP page opens instantly and when I scroll down content loads dynamically.

manlet

Crazy idea, what if web pages didn't require so much JS on load that they did that anyway.

the shill reveals himself

I heard Google has this new thing called AMP that makes heavy sites like that work amazing on phones. You should try it.

God, you probably have a fucking iPhone don't you, don't worry, in late 2019 or maybe early 2020 it will come standard in HTMLv4/5

it's worse than that. old school Linux cultists have a deeply ingrained anti-Microsoft bias. they are perfectly willing to pretend modern Google isn't 100 times worse than Microsoft at the height of its "evil".

That isn't because we are old school, its because we remember what Microsoft used to do.

You could author a webpage with frontpage and if you tried to visit it with Firefox it would literally tell you the site only works in IE.

Then it would force you to allow activex and install a fucking java plugin and then your nose would start bleeding and you would pass out.

ive been saying this for a while and niggas have been laughing at it
chrom* == nu-ie6

At the moment, Google is way worse than Microsoft has ever been.

Edge is not chromium based

I hit my start button just now and saw two ads for games and a 9.99 trial for something called draw pdf. You were saying?

Attached: reboot.png (1920x1080, 79K)

I wonder how Internet would've looked now if Microsoft was actually forced to split..

>tripfag
>russian
>google shill
pottery

You're retarded for using Windows in the first place.
Escaping Microsoft is much easier than escaping Google.

>wed mar 15
>just now
Sure you did. Now clean your distfiles directory, bucko.

Jesus, this kumbaya shit over edge dying is such a load of shit. You do all realize the browser is closed source. They've always pushed proprietary shit to force you to use their browser. People are fucking done with this shit. I used to work at a Ford dealer, and I kept windows running on all of my personal computers because ford was in bed with Microsoft at the time. Everything I needed from Ford was web-based, but I couldn't run Linux. I had to run internet explorer, and it had to be on windows. I tried so many ways to get around it. Nope, they went far out of their way to make their website so integrated with Microsoft that you had to use a windows machine and internet explorer. You couldn't use a mac os with IE or even Linux with wine. You had to run IE with Windows. Fuck their browser.

I'm more concerned about Firefox. I don't want Firefox to go down this path. A closed source browser, however, by a company strong-arming everyone into using their trash can go fuck off!

>That's difficult to know when we're talking about 10 characters of html breaking their functionality.
t. retard

>Escaping Microsoft is much easier than escaping Google.
the year is not 1999

You're right. Considering that Google has grown in size and power, to the point of pretty much owning the Web and being unavoidable, Microsoft releasing worse and worse products, and other operating systems such as Gahnoo/Linux having improved over the years, escaping Microsoft is even easier than it was in 1999.

>t.
what

>"optimization"
>that completely fucking breaks functionality with complying code
git fucking gud

Achieving rendering optimisations using the DOM is robust

DOM is fucking cancer, it makes browsing on yt slow and buggy on firefox.

No but it's going to be soon.

Microsoft isn't pushing worse products. The difference is they don't dominate the market so they have to compete and people are liking the competition.

>It's a common technique for blocking right click saving of images.
Only down syndrome level shit developers would do such an unreliable crap.

Attached: THIS.gif (350x188, 323K)

>implying edge is internet exploder

Found the newfag.

>we
You're far more retarded than a linux cultist.

Attached: Blade_Runner_2_Thinking_Emoji.gif (1000x500, 1.15M)

Linux user
Windows user

Tripfag is a false flag fag.

i just can'tresist to toss in this classic quote from orwell's animal farm:

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Surprise, surprise, they did and do this shit with Firefox, too.

Hahahaha, is that the tripfag??

Attached: lain-smug.png (811x710, 542K)

Yes, he posted it himself.
Sawako is not happy.

He's a teeny tiny manlet, lmao. No wonder he's bitter and butthurt all the time.

When was that? How did I miss it?

This is why the EU are bollocksing google for antitrust.

It's basically what Microsoft got done for in the 90s, "Windows ain't done unless Lotus won't run."

>That's difficult to know when we're talking about 10 characters of html breaking their functionality
If it's intentionally there to break, it's pretty easy to know.