Other urls found in this thread:

kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/null-safety.html
allegro.tech/2018/05/From-Java-to-Kotlin-and-Back-Again.html
github.com/ilya-g/kotlin-jlink-examples
github.com/beryx-gist/badass-jlink-example-kotlin-javafx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever you're most comfortable with.
Personally I'm a big Kotlinfag tho.

Garbage or shit for android development..?
Stop the spam with kotlin and fuchsia google shills nobody cares..

cutelin ftw

JavaScript

Attached: Scala_logo.png (493x202, 29K)

Kotlin, obviously.

kotlin is based

> c++

>Kotlin
What?

>what
the hero to save us from android programming in Java

Whats the problem with programming in java?

Also the kotlin program still has to be translated to bytecode and then dexcode and will also run on art and dvm.

this or Java. Don't be one of those faggots who jump on the Kotlin bandwagon.

>Whats the problem with programming in java?
Absolutely nothing. It's the usual parrotry about how it's supposed to make you productive but realistically it doesn't.

kotlin if you ask me
delicious null safety

>Absolutely nothing.

supposedly kotlin doesn't crash from null pointers like java does.

kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/null-safety.html

Java.
There is no reason to use kotlin when you can just use java.
want another reason? After few years of android dev on java you can go and get any other java job. Few years working on kotlin and you are stuck on kotlin ("but but but I will keep my java up to date!" No you will not)

Ahem.

Attached: 7.jpg (1920x652, 69K)

>what are Optionals

>Few years working on kotlin and you are stuck on kotlin ("but but but I will keep my java up to date!" No you will not)
that's bullshit, kotlin is just sugared java. and work experience is not dictated by your knowledge of a programming language.

>Few years working on kotlin and you are stuck on kotlin

Few years working with Kotlin and you're almost guaranteed a job. Almost every Android shop will suck your dick if you have Kotlin experience.

Also, you make it sound like it's difficult to go back. A Kotlinfag can easily go back and forth between the two, but will suffer immense pain while working with Java.

>and work experience is not dictated by your knowledge of a programming language
>being this retarded

Lmfao who wants to be an Android developer? If it's money you're after you should go into Java EE or Scala anyway.

>A Kotlinfag can easily go back and forth between the two
How do I know you absolutely don't know anything about Java?

>Almost every Android shop will suck your dick if you have Kotlin experience.
Also that's wrong. Seriously, stop spreading made up lies.

this
currently building an app in flutter and compared to native android development its so much easier, especially ui shit, had the ui finished in like an hour, alone the list population on android wouldve taken several classes, here its just a widget and some anonymous function and finished

for some other non-basic things its a bit of a hassle as not everything is as available as in android, but there are a lot of packages

and of course you get an ios build for free

are you dumb? you can pick up any language quickly if you have extensive experience in similar languages. it's more important to be experienced in the concepts needed for the job. if I want to hire a dev for my huge ass enterprise web app written in java, an Android dev who doesn't understand server backends won't be of much interest to me even if he is a java god

If it wasn't pushed on you by an IDE Kotlin wouldn't be as popular. It's got nothing special at this point.

No, you can't just pick up Java as a Kotlin dev who hasn't learned Java before. I don't think you realize how many features the Java Platform has which Kotlin has not. Also Kotlin still relies on JDK 8 which sucks because Jigsaw got introduced with Java 9 which is awesome and lets you modularize your application.

He alsmo makes some good points.
allegro.tech/2018/05/From-Java-to-Kotlin-and-Back-Again.html

The only reason to switch away from Java is if you're in need of heavy functional prorgramming but that's what Scala is for.

>you can't just pick up java as a kotlin dev who hasn't learned java before
>I've read a blog post and I turned it into my Bible
how do people who haven't learned any programming language in the womb learn java? why do you presume that other people are monkey eating their own shit?

What the fuck does this have to do with the blog post? I just gave you a reason why it's not so easy as you claim, especially since Jigsaw. You act as if it were like switching from Java Script to Type Script you fucking moron. I never said you can't switch but it's definitely more difficult to switch from Kotlin to Java because Java is way more explicit and works differently in terms of modules etc. Fucking Zoomer telling me about Java.. where the fuck will this end.

Cry more, Java boomer.

I've been working with Java and Kotlin for multiple years. If you got your head out of your ass and actually had interesting projects lined up, you'd notice that more and more Spring shops are taking up Kotlin.

>>A Kotlinfag can easily go back and forth between the two
>How do I know you absolutely don't know anything about Java?

How do I know you're LARPing? When writing Kotlin, you're using the same tools and libraries you'd use with Java. Exact same ecosystem. Same buzzwords. Going back to Java is simply remembering how to write less expressive and less-safe code. Possibly also going back to brainlet-tier "patterns" that some boomer like you came up with.

t. "Enterprise" dev with multiple years of experience writing Java and Kotlin.

you sound a little insecure there buddy, turning to name-calling and sperging like an autist. no one denied that java 10 is superior to kotlin. it would have been a constructive observation if worded nicely. I didn't claim that it's easy (whatever easy means, you can't quantify it because it depends too much on intelligence and personal experience) but you claimed that's impossible and that kotlin is across the board inferior to java and scala.

>ad hominem
It's funny. I'm actually delivering arguments and you haven't delivered anything.

>Exact same ecosystem.
I want you to code a JavaFX application (or any appliation that is modular) with Kotin and build an executable package with JLink that comes with a modularized JRE. I'll wait.

>muh latin debate memes

The burden of proof that you can't build JavaFX in Kotlin is on you, fren.

Protip: you can.

>but you claimed that's impossible
lol, where?
>The burden of proof that you can't build JavaFX in Kotlin is on you, fren.
JHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT?

You totally don't understand what I was talking about, do you? And you claim to be an enterprise Java dev? No one ever said you can't build a JavaFX application on Kotlin. Read again.

>claims to be an enterprise Java/Kotlin dev
>does not understand modules/Jigsaw
This Kotlin fag is larping hard. Literally exposed. Let him google a while so he can start talking bullshit again.

github.com/ilya-g/kotlin-jlink-examples

Now do this with JavaFX. I'll wait. This will be funny

>unironically using javafx

Attached: 1539555720056.jpg (680x383, 28K)

He is going to post this: github.com/beryx-gist/badass-jlink-example-kotlin-javafx

It doesn't have to be JavaFX, it can be anything. You'll face a lot of trouble because Kotlin does not support JLink (even officially). What he just posted is a little workaround which will not work with multiple modules. s along and starts spreading bullshit about stuff he doesn't know

Attached: 3671974_open-uri20140404-8037-1ymkchl.jpg (332x547, 83K)

"Kot" means "shit" in german though.

Attached: kotlin.png (226x353, 46K)

>unironically defending java

You must have hit a really really low point in your life if you lie about being an Enterprise Java dev on an ANONYMOUS image board. Reflect on that.