Jow Forums - /spg/ - Smartphone General

Waterproof Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 130b405c767adee855192f680f4273c3.jpg (600x438, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9320#show
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To save my ass in court I need to recover old SMS messages from an S9 g960f, how fucked am I?

Attached: 1542451483225.png (509x574, 295K)

Galaxy S5 is dying. Is Poco F1 still the best bang for the buck? I don't really want to pay more than 300£ for a phone, and it's pretty close to it on Amazon right now.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-18-10-03-45.png (1080x1920, 106K)

Yes, buy the Pocotrash. Unless you live in the States, in which case don't.

Why Pocotrash? What's wrong with it? And I'm in England, so I'll get the UK version.

It's a meme name

microleds when

Just buy the Sony Xperia XZ1, Amazon sells it for just €230 in my country. It's basically better in every way except the Snapdragon 835

>It's basically better in every way.
What? No it isn't. Worse performance, much worse battery life, less RAM, worse cameras, worse custom ROM support thanks to Sony's DRM bullshit.

Thoughts?

Attached: s10.jpg (1536x2048, 267K)

RIP

hole punch is replacing the notch already?
was the notch the shortest lived trend in technology history?

>notch/hole
>no fingerprint reader or under screen one
>no headphone jack

I was a fool for believing in samshit

where the fuck is the pixel 3 lite???

Attached: Google-Pixel-3-Lite-9.jpg (1200x900, 122K)

What is the fucking purpose of this area of the display???

Attached: file.png (491x404, 185K)

>no fingerprint reader or under screen one
>no headphone jack
S10 will have both

expected release "first half of 2018", so anywhere from January to June.

maybe they will fit the clock there?

What is the best way to transfer settings and installed apps between two Android phones?

Looks fucking great

What do you mean recover? Are they deleted or is the phone fucked?

Apple hate aside, is the iPhone XR a decent phone? I want good camera/battery life for travelling.

My Pocomeme arrived today and I just picked it up. Should I unchink the ROM or is it good?

me

Nothing wrong with it. Pocomeme/Pocotrash are terms of endearment because it was so widely shilled and actually turned out to be decent

>Should I unchink the ROM or is it good?
Definitely. You can use microG as well.

>I want good camera/battery life for traveling.
Then don't buy it.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9320#show

I've seen the LG V30 for less than 400$ in amazon.

Even if you don't want to unchink it and want to keep using MIUI you should unlock it and reinstall the official ROM just to be sure you're not using a vendor ROM or something.

longcat the phone

I kinda dig it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

So do I, user. So do I.
It's a real head turner.

I was thirst trapping some nerd virgin on insta (he's rich and my side piece stopped paying my rent) but the nerd virgin's wife started threatening my game saying to stop sending vag shots and shit to her man so I said he raped me and took his rich ass to court problem is I texted him one night when I was drunk saying sorry about lying about the rape and would drop the charges if he just paid my rent the next few months. anyway he didn't respond so I broke into his house and stole his phone and need to delete the texts asap or I might have to find a different nigga to pay my rent or I might lose my kids

lol 0/10
shouldn't have pulled the 'he raped me' card
next time stick to pics and cut contact when his woman intervenes

como es stas? did you just try to verbally rape me?

Its the nokia 6.1 good in 2019?

Curved screens just look awful.

Looks flashy and cool

>a random pill on the screen
>cool
Looks great when you're watching any content full screen, doesn't it?

I meant curved screens, like you wrote. Notches, pills, camera holes, those are absolute cancer.

T H I S

unless they use it like a notification LED, it makes no sense and renders the whole floating camera idea completely stupid

Is there no auto tool to do this?

Attached: bunt maszyn.gif (350x240, 1.18M)

They should focus on making in display cameras instead of these gimmicks.

redpill me on the mi a2

no headphone jack, no expandable storage, battery is only 3000mah. Get a Redmi Note 5 / Note 6 Pro instead.

When do the pico projector phones come out

What about the mi a1? It's the same price as the note 5 and has better cpu

>It's the same price as the note 5 and has better cpu
What? The CPU is worse, SD636 on Note 5, SD625 on Mi A1.

Androids btfo

Attached: 1522524553934.jpg (540x919, 75K)

Just ordered OnePlus 6. How much have I fucked up /spg/

No NFC. That was an actual, real dealbreaker for me.

Gave up sexy notch and more battery for a hole.

Fuck you. Get fucked.

I hope you go to prison.

Sour your thread got deleted?

lol

All text are centrally stored anyway.

Google DISHFIRE

How do you plug a game controller into a phone via OTG cable and get it working?

get owned I hope you rot in prison

To make it bezeless :^)

How long would 6T last with 3 years warranty? Is the 6/128 and 845 future proof enough? Is the phone worth 150-200 euros compared to Poco or Mate 10 pro

Attached: 1545153334902.png (288x292, 84K)

Yes it's futureproof retard
my SD 820 phone's running strong and it'll last me another year easily
don't consider the Mate, nothing beats Snapdragon and Huashit is shit
only difference between op6t and pocomeme is the glass body, amoled display, better OS, stock cameras with OIS and it's more waterproof. I'd get the op6t simply because of the less execrable notch.

What about burn-in?

that's gonna happen with all OLED panels, but you might luck out LOL

>mfw I'm paying a friend to fly to the States and back to get me the XZ4 on launch since it's not gonna be sold in my shithole
at least I'm rich enough to afford it

Attached: 1545056019646.jpg (445x375, 31K)

>notches
>pills
>curves
>glass backs
Enough!
Remake the Galaxy S2 with modern internals, nothing else will open my wallet.

Glass backs are something that's not going away 100%, for the sole reason that it feels and looks better than plastic. No company's gonna sell a flagship with a plastic back, use your bean m8. The rest are possible to get though

Ceramic will replace glass for top models in the same manner.

>No company's gonna sell a flagship with a replaceable battery
ftfy
the glass is just a pretense for this

Replace the battery

If not bait rot in jail faggot.

s9 camera or 6T camera, Which is better?

Was at the store today to look and feel at OP6T and Huawei P20. Ended up to like Huawei more than Oneplus. The layout felt much nicer and the phone was good size. Should I get the Pro version or just the P20. Any other things I should know before buying a Huawei phone?

Just got my note 9. I ordered a US factory unlocked but received an AT&T unlocked. Is it worth me returning/applying for refund? If I don't, is it worth me flashing the factory unlocked firmware or should I just go in and uninstall the bloat with adb

512gb or 128gb note 9?

Just got the 128gb version but wondering if it's worth paying extra specifically for the 8gb ram?

I don't mind paying extra if there is a difference

Attached: l_10181415_003.jpg (600x532, 31K)

Why not wait for the 855 phones?

This. If you already have the note9 128gb then it's not worth the small performance gain to get the 512, especially with the 855s on the horizon, at least imho

UK models only use exynos, right? This is my first galaxy phone, so I'm not too clued up about modern Samsung

I actually have a Xiaomeme Mix 2, just got a P20 (neither Lite or Pro, just P20), can't decide between them, what to do?

UK is exynos.

I believe so. But either way there will most likely be a new chip equivalent of the 855.

I have TMobile btw. If that makes any difference

Attached: 1520849720257.png (740x416, 128K)

Do you mongoloid realize that the ISP loggs SMS for at least 6 months?

Is there anything coming out in the near future with:

No notch.
Front fingerprint sensor.

I want to replace my iPhone 7+ while I can still sell this piece of shit.

Attached: 1144708756063.jpg (576x432, 61K)

i'm gonna get the s9+ over the OP6, I'm doing it my dudes. I'm doing it!

Long foldable smartphones when

Fucking kek
>watches animie and listens to metal

s9 obviously

6gb vs 8gb is negligible you autist, don't waste money, get the 6gb 128gb one
better yet wait for the s10 to come out so it's discounted

P20 has better cameras and hardware but the mi mix 2 is a better phone

based nips do it again

Lenovo is a chink company

my sister is getting a new phone for christmas? is xiaomi redmi note 5 (3/32) still a top-tier meme? budget is under €150 (buying locally + slav country, so it's actually quite a lot). priority is camera, battery performance

Attached: photo.jpg (900x900, 88K)

How is it a meme at all? Get the 4/64 variant for futureproofing.

Give me one reason why that looks better than this

Attached: Untitled.png (1536x2048, 2.33M)

It's what I'm repeating to myself for hours, but the P20 feels so great in my hand, I'll probably hold onto both for some days to see if the magic wears off, probably it's just a case of it being new in my life

i mean 'a meme' in a positive way. so i guess there isn't anything new worth considering? i saw redmi note 6 pro (which is the same thing but with a bigger screen?) and i dont know if that's a better choice
>Get the 4/64 variant for futureproofing
that's out of budget i think, i don't think that extra 1gb of ram is gonna do much.
also funny that 'futureproofing' for smartphones means just getting more ram as developers get too lazy to optimize their shit.

>also funny that 'futureproofing' for smartphones means just getting more ram as developers get too lazy to optimize their shit
Sadly, that's the state of it all.

i don't know who's worse: the devs or normies who put up with this shit. any app that i think is too much of a resource hog just gets replaced by a lighter alternative (preferably FOSS). but i guess they can't live without snapchat/messenger/instagram eating 2gb just by idling and selling their data in the background.

Get the P20 Pro