Guys, I've found an interest in coding for a while but I don't know where to start...

Guys, I've found an interest in coding for a while but I don't know where to start. I was thinking of going with C++ because I want to do mods for games but at the same time I want to be able to program websites. Do any of you know what I should do first?

Attached: code.jpg (616x347, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

htdp.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JavaScript and cry

JavaScript for websites and C# for making your own games.

Choose C++ and create your webside ising FastCGI.

Start with JavaScript and then move on to C#

you can't go wrong with C

>Do any of you know what I should do first?
unironically read SICP

C++ is a terrible start imo, get something higher level first, but not something as high level and retarded as Javascript.
So start with something like Python, C# or Java.

Is html a good start? How do I learn a programming language if I want to make a video game?

>coding
>>>/reddit/

you could make a website with python (back-end) and html (front-end), to start out with.
if you want to actually make and finish a game you should probably use something like Unity (C#).
if you want to do more low level stuff and want to make the engine as well you need to know C++ (and trigonometry for 3D).

>SICP
deprecated
htdp.org/

Prepare for a long life of no sunlight, little social interaction and frustration when your program doesn't work the way you thought it would.

also, do challenges, like these pick whatever interests you and seems doable

you forgot to mention you'll have a desire to kill all the tester's team if you somehow work in a big company

>C++ is a terrible start imo, get something higher level first, but not something as high level and retarded as Javascript.
>So start with something like Python

Kek

>Python, C# or Java
Cancer

for a beginner, they are fine.
and python forces you to be syntax consistent, so when beginners ask help from others they can actually read the shit they made.

stop being a pussy and start with C, the most difficult training yields the best result, because no one likes difficult, be above everyone. :)

I think that starting with a high-level language is generally a good idea.
C#, in my opinion, is a great starting language. Incidentally, it's used in both gamedev (Unity) and webdev (ASP.NET)
Java is still very popular, but you might want to start learning Kotlin instead as it seems to become more and more widespread nowadays.
If you like sucking Apple's cock, go for Swift and never touch Objective-C if you can help it (trust me on this one)
Ruby (on Rails) is a very simple web framework, so you might learn literally anything else and just add RoR to your repertoire when you'll want to build your websites.
Contrary to what retarded students will tell you - learning Javascript is a good idea, especially if you're interested in webdev. Although, if you want to focus on it (as opposed to just learning the essentials for the HTML/CSS/JS package) look into Node.js, webpack, and Babel, so you can work with ES6.
HTML and CSS aren't "programming languages" - they are essentials if you are planning to do any front-end or full-stack webdev. Learn them when you'll need them.

C++ is a terrible place to start, in my opinion. It's a great language to know, but you'll be much better off going into it when you're already know how the things generally work.
C is generally a decent place to start, though, as it's a simple language at its core. The main problem with it is being a fairly low-level language, so it'll take a while for you to build anything productive with it, especially when you're only starting out. Many of the retarded students here end up wasting their time endlessly rewriting their FizzBuzz "solutions".
I would also skip ASM until you'll become interested in it naturally

you need to learn the basics of programming before you even attempt a game, friend.

>learning Javascript is a good idea
>wanting to be a code monkey
yikes