What Jow Forums think of this walmart laptop?

walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWERED-Gaming-Laptop-17-2-Year-Warranty-144Hz-Intel-i7-8750H-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-Mechanical-LED-Keyboard-256-SSD-2TB-HDD-32GB-RAM-Windows-10/887474519

999$ for Intel i7-8750H, 32gb ram, nvidia gtx1060 in a 17" laptop

too good to be real

Attached: overpowered laptop.jpg (474x327, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opowered.com/pdf/OVERPOWERED_OP-LP3_Manual.pdf
walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWERED-Gaming-Laptop-15-2-Year-Warranty-144Hz-Intel-i7-8750H-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-Mechanical-LED-Keyboard-256-SSD-1TB-HDD-16GB-RAM-Windows-10/510869060?athcpid=510869060&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=aeb75b65-503-167bccfd7aaaca&athena=true&u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=6xJhMJDSy2I&sourceid=37027600273474446629&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
youtube.com/watch?v=eMSyXGD-Fx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

would be a 10/10 if it wasn't gaymer shit

if it fits his purpose? what do you care actually?

seems like the best deal in 10 years to me. yet I wouldn't buy unbranded tech. $999 is still too much for something that might break soon. it sounds like a ferrari engine on hot wheels chasis

is this the 6gb or 3gb 1060?

Attached: bait sengan.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

I mean you can be certain that the rest of the parts they didn't state in the description are the cheapest shit from a Chinese monkey factory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB VRAM

it looks great,you should buy it

I really see nothing wrong with it. The display alone makes it an outstanding laptop already even if you don't look at the price. If I was in USA I would have already bought it. The battery is obviously small but that's not that kind of laptop where the battery is important.
So just like everywhere else then.

17.3 144Hz Screen
Intel i7-8750H CPU with 2.20 GHz speed
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB VRAM
Mechanical RGB LED Keyboard
32GB RAM with 2667 MHz speed
2TB HDD
256GB SSD
Windows 10
1080p/ 144Hz screen
VR Ready
2 Year Warranty
1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB C ports
1x SD Card Slot
1x HDMI slot
2x HDMI Port
15.5" x 10" x 1"
5.65lbs
As a qualifying device in the Intel Game/eSports Pack, buying the OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 17+ allows you to receive $150 in gaming software, including full download of Paladins, PUBG, Last Tide and more!

see if you can find the internals, how is the cooling? that will be the main factor, you can't use all that power if it gets too hot. you want to see two fans, and 3 or more heat pipes

opowered.com/pdf/OVERPOWERED_OP-LP3_Manual.pdf

I found this official manual

There's been like 15 videos about Overpowered wal mart pcs by the top tech youtube channels why are you fuckers falling for this obvious bait?

Wew lad. Maybe research before you spew shit out of your mouth. The OP desktops and laptops are completely different. The laptops use the exact same chassis that clevo and cyberpower use. They're above average chassis, but the fans can get on the loud side. They use the same panels as the Razer gaming laptops.

OP desktops are absolute shit. OP laptops are currently the best in their price range.

walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWERED-Gaming-Laptop-15-2-Year-Warranty-144Hz-Intel-i7-8750H-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-Mechanical-LED-Keyboard-256-SSD-1TB-HDD-16GB-RAM-Windows-10/510869060?athcpid=510869060&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=aeb75b65-503-167bccfd7aaaca&athena=true&u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=6xJhMJDSy2I&sourceid=37027600273474446629&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

If you are a retarded specs whore, then it's great. If you want your laptop to last longer than a year then it's not worth it. What's the point of having awesome components when the hinges stop working and the keyboard breaks?

To be honest it’s good for the price (at least compared to now, last year 1070 ones were this price on Black Friday), but will probably drop again just like the 15 inch model to $900

Do be aware this one is a blastocyst body, unlike the 15 inch model.

Comes with a two year warranty.

Did you voice dictate this post and have plastic turn into blastocyst?

Attached: Dki8ITdX4AEbS9O.jpglarge.jpg (960x754, 66K)

>baiting this hard

sorry but here at 4channel we don't buy cheaply made chinese trash that won't last the year. what, you think every other OEM is just making a 25% profit margin and walmart, out of the goodness of their hearts, is selling at a loss? They're cutting corners, and the desktops have shown this.

They are building their desktops but they are NOT building their laptops. If you don't know about Clevo you don't belong here.

They're not building either one. Do you not know how OEMs work? OEMs have base models that you can order alterations to. They altered this model to be $200 cheaper.

>They're cutting corners,
Duh it's a new laptop. If you cared about corners not being cut, then you'd be using an old ass thinkpad.

Unironically not baiting. Do you even know what laptop chassis is? It comes with everything pre-installed including the cooling system, CPU and GPU. Several extremely highly-regarded laptops use this exact same chassis. They're not nearly as shitty as you might think. I'm not going to say they're the best laptops ever, because (((obviously))) you can get much better laptops that are more durable, have better heat dissipation etc, but they'll cost twice with these cost for similar specs.

I think what's going on here is, their desktops are extremely terrible and have been reviewed as terrible, and the sales are bad. Walmart is trying to break into the custom PC and gaming laptop market, but the sales are nowhere near what they expected. As compensation, they're taking a huge loss on every one of these laptops that they sell. They cost essentially half of what they used to. Any laptop with these specs would cost at minimum 50% more, and those are the absolute cheapest competition. Walmart can afford to do this because they're a gigantic Jew company with mountains of gold, so taking a hit financially on every one of these laptops isn't significant in the short term if it allows them to establish a customer base in the long-term.

Attached: 0FF5F09B2C764DBDADC7312F80E66EFA.png (580x522, 196K)

And none of the OEMs are going to redesign the chassis, they'll waste more money than they save. Walmart simply can afford lower margins by the economies of scale, and probably artificially lower the prices to build up the brand recognition.

Whatever guys. If you're willing to trust Wal-Mart to magnanimously give you the best quality parts from trusted brand names, y'all have fun with your 2 year warranty. My Sager is 7 years running, when your shit dies in 6 months be sure to post about it.

I'd much rather buy a used P50 + external amd card

>overpowered
this is all you need to know

Nobody tells you to blindly trust any company, just look at the teardowns.

I did. the teardowns say they use cheap parts to cut corners.

You can't make a laptop mobo cheaper and 144Hz laptop displays are by default more expensive than regular displays. They can only cheap out on RAM and storage, the rest is custom.

And chink RAM is literally the same as regular RAM so that only leaves storage, which you'd want to replace anyway.

It sounds like a good deal, but I don't need 144hz and I'd like it if it had a 60hz option.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMSyXGD-Fx8

>EDIT: Fixed as of late night 12/12/2018

Screen to big with too low res, DPI
I'd be slightly worried about build quality too from these rebrands

>Intel
ew.

The only people who will tell you that this is trash are thinkfags and macfags.

1080p at 17 inches is too low now? Kek.

Attached: 1537689782488.jpg (933x1024, 932K)

>walmart

>paying for winshit
Don't buy that shit since you can't buy it without it.

>144hz with a card that can barely do 60 fps
>16 gb of ram that will NEVER get used

Are you fucking retarded? It's a Tongfang chassis

Do it faggot.

it's like you're intentionally stupid

Do it faggot, everyone on the r/SuggestALaptop discord is going crazy over this and the OP 15+.
It's a tongfang chassis that walmart used for their esports gaming line that failed. The desktops are shit but the laptops are lit, there are a bunch of benchmarks on the discord that aren't out yet, but there's also a NBC review (ignore the verdict and look only at the stats).
Look for the XMG Neo 15 on NBC and the Tongfang GK5 thread because i can't link them for some reason.

>heavy, TN screen, not 12-14in portable, bad battery life

Why are you buying a laptop anyway?

I would not buy that shit from wallmart. Specs look alright, but still..wallmart sells sub-par machines.

Tfw sager has this same chassis.

prove me wrong

>16:9
>gaming
>probably poor build quality and ergonomics

>esports gaming line that failed
How do you know it failed yet when it only existed for like 2 weeks

Yeah I’d pick up he 15 inch model, it’s $200 cheaper. You don’t need 32gb of ram, but if you really do just throw in a 16gb stick.

Clevo is the manufacturer of the barebones. I've worked at a company that sells them, too, and truth be told the construction quality is often subpar with cheap plastic being used, but you can more easily replace hardware than with most other brands because they're made as barebones.

We have had mid-class laptops with 14" 1080p screens for several years already, of course 17" at 1080p in this year is going to be low. 1440p at 144Hz would make much more sense.

>le juden
I bought a 4k screen back in 2009 because I wanted it, they weren't even marketed to normies yet.