If routers can get hacked

If routers can get hacked.
Get modems get hacked???

Attached: german_mommy.jpg (447x585, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what hack?

It's a mommy thread boys

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-18-02-31-11-65-01.jpg (492x773, 66K)

how does a modem get hacked

yes
why wouldn't they be?

WHY WOULD THEY BE

anything with firmware upgrade feature, so most iot devices

what does a hacker do with a hacked modem

a modem is basically just a router and an analog to digital convertor for coax
'modem' itself is short for modulator demodulator

any sort of shenanigans you can pull on a normal router a modem would clearly be vulnerable.
since there's not much of an attack surface because they're generally set to route packets that are already in their table because of NAT, there aren't any attacks that readily spring to mind.
nevertheless, any attack that could get past NAT (you could try and flood at such a speed that it caused an overflow out of the routing table) or originating from the "local" side of the modem would be fine, i'm guessing especially any attacks on the sketchy web interfaces they've got going on

More of this
Less of this
Also to answer your question, yes.

Attached: VG0YImQ.jpg (800x786, 72K)

>routers can get hacked.
Tried routersploit, nothing useful or none are vulnerable.

Attached: 1544420313778.jpg (500x442, 205K)

why did u wanna hack a router

You have to remember that a modem is really just a small computer. Not powerful enough for heavy computing but powerful enough to process network traffic. A compromised modem's main usage would be DDoS attacks but you could also use it to obfuscate your network traffic. To a lesser extent you could look at what the modem's owner is up to but these days most network traffic is encrypted.

milkies thread?

moar german mommy pics plox

post ur mommy first

If you lease your modem from your ISP they can reconfigure it anyway they like anytime. Therefore, if it has a switch you cannot use it as such. Put your own router with free software behind it and put it in a DMZ or configure your modem as bridge.

Damn, Mal Malloy looks like THAT?

what is the point of routers if i dont fucking use wifi????

>If you lease your modem from your ISP they can reconfigure it anyway they like anytime.

i buy my own modem?

>a modem is basically just a router and an analog to digital convertor for coax
A modem is not basically just a router.
A modem is not for coax. The physical medium is irrelevant.
A modem is for signal modulation.
A modem does not generally have a NAT setup, nor does it route packets. NAT is done on the router.
Furthermore, NAT, routing tables, and so on would be a useless inclusion on a modem, since ISPs connect to subscribers through layer 2 protocols. For example, DSL providers communicate with subscribers typically through PPPoE, using PAP to authenticate.
The only thing right is what it's short for.

I understand that there are RGs out there which include both a router and a modem in a single box. However, it is exactly as stated: these are two different devices in one box.

To gain access to the network?
I wrote a custom firmware, for TP-Link TL-WR841N, what it did was modify how WPS works, in such a way that even if the WPS is disabled by the user, I'd still get to use it with special custom PIN "2222222".
That way I just need to connect once.
I've been using my neighbors WiFi for few months now.
>inb4 use reaver
Won't work anymore because of the WPS lock after 5 attempts, or users actively disabling it.

Attached: 27893172_1954099724840068_7024105479995392_n.jpg (1080x1350, 170K)

big titty asians are a marvel of technology.
Jow Forums should focus more on that than the daily apple btfo, intel btfo, android btfo, amd btfo

urara!

Attached: 48379680_1983361651958407_6227150894945796096_n.jpg (877x1278, 222K)

MOM
BRAAAAAAPFLFLFLT

If routers can get hacked,
Can hackers get routed?

you installed custom firmware on your neighbors router?

To route traffic between different devices on your network and do DHCP if you have a standard consumer class one.

Yeah.
While I say it's custom firmware, it's actually modified image of it's OPEN-WRT
oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd
To look like the original firmware of the router.
Even if they change the login credentials to the router I still have a root user privileges.