What is XMPP?

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

Attached: xmpp.png (220x226, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

compliance.conversations.im/
yourdata.forsale
github.com/processone/ejabberd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xmpp mustard race reporting in

>Conversations
>passively locks you into their 8€/month ecosystem
Pix-Art is better

Feck off kek

Or inband register on literally any xmpp server ever. Even better roll your own

Based

kek didn't help me with my installing software problem, so personally I think XMPP is a loasld of shite and not worth your time. Try Facebook messenger instead.
t. beskhu3epnm

Attached: 20181218_144223542_c244.png (552x430, 56K)

Being too stupid to use apt properly is your own fault

My greatest apologies. I realize now -- all too late -- that XMPP is the wave of the future. It is my right -- nay, duty, to encourage you to use XMPP over any other communication protocol. And come to our group. It's got classic characters like kek, niglet, crablettes, and more.
*attaches image

Attached: 1543896722959.jpg (842x600, 76K)

You forgot lordkek, faggot.

Did I...?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-18-16-08-39-979_org.floens.chan~01.png (870x333, 62K)

Based

whats Jow Forumss XMPP??

It's in the bloody op

xmpp:[email protected]?join

Wait till i start shilling my XMPP

How's XMPP for private messaging individual friends?

PGP, OTR and OMEMO work nicely and you can do encrypted group chats too with OMEMO

Great, with of course the limitation that your friends need to use it and that you likely want them to be on one of the more feature-rich servers as follows for convenience plus client-side support for omemo for the privacy:
compliance.conversations.im/

The YDFS or yourdata.forsale XMPP server is 100% compliant

>classic
>not mentioning yamineko
newfeg

fuckoff

bumping for great justice

Attached: 20181218_174038949_3e51.png (457x279, 38K)

Poor yami

>No gamers
Lmao no thanks gramps I'll stick to discord.

Attached: 1515386985263.png (376x341, 103K)

great server, good place, nice

Will join.

>neo Jow Forums

Based Canadian shitposter

Fuck you, prune juice is GOAT

>register on literally any xmpp server ever
>roll your own
Inconvenient. Pix-Art is more convenient because I don't have to do manual research of what servers exist.

Get off my board then you lazy fucker

Kys, autist

I encourage everyone to use XMPP but i would be nice if people joined my server. :)

>don't know he can use other server
Are you retarded?

>literally free and open source
retard
Hello. I am setting up an xmpp server:
github.com/processone/ejabberd
I am reading this is capable of cluster, which is good. I also read on conversations website
>XMPP is a federated protocol, which means you can freely choose a trustworthy server for yourself while still chatting with contacts that are using other servers. The communication between Conversations and the XMPP server as well as the communication between the individual servers is TLS encrypted.
Does this mean all of the servers talk to each other to relay your message? So anyone can use any login server? Or?
Just curious.

No, seriously.. Leave. You don't belong here at all and you have absolutely nothing to contribute to here nor society. Either kill yourself (unironically) or leave, you're not worth anything.

"optional conversations.im accounts are $8/YEAR first 6 months free"
literally says it on the bottom of the app login you STUPID FUCK
>adding 12 TIMES the amount of cost because you can't fucking read
give me your bank info, dumbfucking nigger

>missing the point
Kys, retards

Be nice guys we are in this together.
Monk life ahead.

>charging less than 1 dollar per month for a great service as well as letting people know they can host their own for free
retard

Bump

add yamineko to your roster guys

this very good service, i apporve!

greeting from india.

Imagine using this garbage over Discord.

Attached: 1532247293616.jpg (480x578, 27K)

here's your (you)
now fuck off

I'm serious though. Discord has a myriad of different features that are utterly absent in pathetic little pidgin. Why on earth would you use anything else?

Discord is a botnet which is being hosted on another botnet (google cloud services). It has a marketing department for very obvious reasons: letting you know it exists so they can harvest your data.
XMPP is not supposed to replace Discord and it will never able to because XMPP itself along with it clients are designed after the UNIX/POSIX philosophy: Do 1 thing and do it right.
That's why you should use your own xmpp server for chatting and mumble for high quality/security VoIP. Both clients running simoltaneously *still* has marginally smaller resource footprint than your bloated electron discord app.
But if security nor quality is a concern for you, go ahead and use Discord.
The fact that you mention pidgin makes me wonder if you spent more than 5 minutes researching the subject.

Attached: 1501250570381.jpg (398x370, 44K)

Discord is the easy-to-use app of choice for any sensible human being that wants text/voice/streaming options for communications with their friends. Your petty security concerns are insignificant compared to its usability as a communications platform.
>The fact that you mention pidgin makes me wonder if you spent more than 5 minutes researching the subject.
The fact that you wrote this shows that you didn't read the OP, is it specifically recommends that garbage program. How embarrassing for you, making yourself look this stupid.

Attached: 1536275795925.gif (450x252, 888K)

>Discord is the easy-to-use app of choice for any sensible human being

>centralized
>proprietary
>literally scans your processes
>"desktop client" is just a website bundled with full-blown web browser
why would any reasonable person use it?

> implying im OP
I dont care about the OP. I simply comment on your statement. I feel embarassed for you because you depend on being spoonfed on a cantonese baske weaving forum what alternatives exists out there, otherwise you simply succumb to botnet services like a fucking cuck.
fucking zoomers

Attached: stepupsenpai.jpg (463x462, 32K)

Attached: 1516374017250.png (1200x800, 74K)

For an easy, all-in-one communications platform. It must be lonely having literally no friends.

>> implying im OP
Literally nowhere did I imply that. I pointed out that you didn't read the OP. How autistic are you to come to such a ridiculous conclusion?

Attached: 1529090256735.png (614x614, 31K)

Winjeets would be more likely to use Skype.

I misread. How autistic of me.

>For an easy, all-in-one communications platform. It must be lonely having literally no friends

>all-in-one communications platform
I prefer tools that do one thing well than monstrosities that suck at everything

>It must be lonely having literally no friends
How would i know

All my friends are in Telegram. Is this bad? I tried to convert them to my home ejabberd instance, but they are too lazy for that.

Stop shilling conversations and their scummy strategies to make you pay for the service.

Is there any kind of place to meet new friends who use XMPP? Like Toxme.io, but for XMPP and preferably not mostly composed of German-speaking pedophiles.

Attached: 1511801449458.jpg (1000x1000, 204K)

Bump