What does Jow Forums think about this browser?

what does Jow Forums think about this browser?

Attached: 140px-Vivaldi_web_browser_logo.svg.png (140x140, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.vivaldi.net/topic/25836/option-to-open-new-tabs-in-background-as-default
github.com/Cookie-AutoDelete/Cookie-AutoDelete/issues/402
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based

Best browser available and isn't owned by a soulless corporation.

Proprietary Chromium reskin with bloated and sluggish javascript UI.

pretty nice. support/documentation is a bit lacking which can be kinda frustrating though.

botnet

I don't get how anyone could be stupid enough to use it. It's literally proprietary Chromium with an ugly skin.

I like it. They don't try to dumb it down like with firefox and google chrome. Instead they actually include features that are genuinely useful

Attached: Screenshot_20181218_235725.png (1920x1080, 282K)

close your tabs you subhuman

Switched to it recently and it's nice. But how in the fuck with all the options they have is this not one of them after years. It's the simplest fucking option to have and even IE has that shit. I almost can't use it because it bugs me so much.

forum.vivaldi.net/topic/25836/option-to-open-new-tabs-in-background-as-default

Attached: how do you not have this.png (487x249, 10K)

Attached: option.png (314x127, 7K)

Pretty good.
Has some problems, though.
For example, download doesn't always work.

it is very convenient but it is non-free proprietary software which doesn't respect your freedom. All non-free programs may be malware. Better use Firefox.

My open tab is a muscle memory at this point and this throws that off.

Meme

>may be malware
You can view the source code you know. Of course, freetards never actually do that anyway so it doesn't really matter.

>every other browser is Open Link in New Tab then New Window

Lets change that because why?

absolutely proprietary

It's very clean.

Its alright. I prefer brave day-to-day though

Just do a middle-click

proprietary meme botnet

>close your tabs you subhuman

Attached: operausage.png (1366x768, 221K)

>botnet 10
Subhuman.

> using 5 browsers (in which two are already redundant.) YIKES!

Would be great if it weren't for the sluggish UI that starts lagging to shit if you have more than 5 tabs open.

i like its side tab implementation.

>lastpass
>tampermonkey
>discord
>E-Hentai
>that many tabs open at once

the absolute state of Jow Forums

Worse than the modern Opera, which is actually the best browser... apart from the fact that it doesn't have full extension compatibility with Chrome, and many important ones don't work properly (like Cookie Autodelete and Buster). Out of the box it's by far the smoothest and has the best features though.

I like it.

based KDE/Vivaldi bro

Attached: Screenshot_20181218_205117.png (1920x1080, 303K)

I don't remember exactly why I switched from Opera to Vivaldi, but mouse gestures are literally the best browser feature ever made

what do you use them for?

Just the standard bindings so I can browse sites like Jow Forums quickly, efficiently and still comfortably without the need of having the other hand on the keyboard.
One example: Want to open a new tab? Pull mouse down and right-click instead of navigating to the tiny + button on top or press ctrl+t.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Scrolling sucks

but i'm always writing, it's better to have have a hand on the keyboard
wouldn't be more anoying:
>put left hand down
>put it on keyboard to write
>put left hand down (again)
>put it on keyboard to write (again)
>repeat
?
it's shit unless you can write with the mouse lmao

there's too many options in the right click menu over tabs, images, everything.
ui is sluggish as fuck.

The scenario I outlined is mostly for "browsing" the internet, which I understand as clicking links, sites, reading and watching videos.
Of course you need to have you hand on the keyboard if you have to type.

bloatware

Plus: Even with your hand on the keyboard it's more comfortable to e.g. make a mouse gesture (rightclick, down, left) than to do a clunky keyboard combination like ctrl+f4 to close a tab.
Same goes for opening a tab (rightclick, down instead of ctrl+t), going back (perhaps having to move your hand to the backspace button instead of rightclick, left) or going forward (rightclick, right instead of hell knows what the keyboard shortcut for going forward is)

>Cookie Autodelete
That one can be fixed pretty easily github.com/Cookie-AutoDelete/Cookie-AutoDelete/issues/402
The fix was merged too, but then no more updates were pushed out.

I'm the exact opposite of this user.
Love Vivaldi because of how you can do pretty much everything without touching your mouse.

The quick commands bar (F2) and the possibility to set the keyboard shortcut you want for pretty much everything is super comfy.

I don't want to go full fanboy (even if I almost won a trip to Oslo last year by doing so) but this is just one of the many thing that Vivaldi does right and others don't.