Upgrading 1050ti to 2070

I already built my i7-8700k original coffee lake and 32gb ram computer, but my 1050ti is holding me back. Is a 2070 a good match for these specs? My price range is 300-700. I only buy new.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 834K)

upgrade to zen 2 + navi instead

Attached: Capture_20181218101743.png (1269x1694, 161K)

This but unironically

>8700k
>1050ti
>32gb of ram

>cant be sure if a 2070 is a good match

for the love of god do not build a PC based off "the most popular parts" you see in linustechtips videos

this is the most retarded PC ive ever seen

>this is the most retarded PC ive ever seen
Not OP, but are you Gay? This pc is perfect for video editing or data analysis, it's just not a gayming rig. Not everyone plays gaymes.

>2070
>not 1080

Are they just jumping from the 500 range to the 3000 range?
Do they not care for properly naming these things anymore?

Attached: 1426957388937.jpg (250x335, 37K)

>video editing or data analysis
>not gaming

>8700k.
>not gaming

are you retarded as well

amd stated they will be competing with nvidia in the high end again. so if rumors are correct, marketing is ramping up again. 3080 bigger number than nvidia's puny 2080

>3080 compete with the 2070 / 1070
so its a 150 watt vega 64
>3070 compete with the 2070 / 1070
so its a 120 watt vega 56
>3060
so its a gimped 4gb 75 watt version of the rx 580

also no one knows if the 2060 will be on the 1070 level. same goes for the "2050." if history has severed us correctly, the 2060 will probably sit between the 1060 and 1070. on the hills of the 1070. this is nvidia here. they're not charitable.

I do wonder how fast the gddr6 will be compared to hbm2 on vega. I kinda feel like the vega 64 will still lead in memory performance.

though a 150 watt vega 64 is refreshing but also pretty bad for amd. 7nm gave them 16nm pascal level of efficiency. still a generation behind nvidia in power efficiency.

Why does AMD always pull this shit. Instead of distancing themselves from the kikes of Intel and Nvidia, they name their products in extremely similar manner the competition does.
First confusing chipset names, you can't tell whether it's a fucking Intel or AMD motherboard now they're literally ONE LETTER away from the future Nvidia RTX 30x0.
And still no competition against the Ti versions.

Pretty much exactly how I read OP.
Step one, completely forget about the rest of hardware
Step two, select a GPU based on your monitor resolution and refresh rate
If you're just gaming on a 1080p 60hz screen and want a high end card for reasons of "fuchah proof!", then kys.
>inb4 8700k on a shit low end motherboard
>inb4 2400mhz ddr4 memory

That's just sad though

AMDs entire gpu branding is burned at this point. Years of being worse made the whole 200,300,...,500 series naming scheme completly shit. If amd truly has a new, good product they will change the naming scheme dramatically. The best choice would be a 3000 series. It's one step above nvidias 2000 series and almost forces nvidia to make adjustments to their future naming schemes while also being the same as the ryzen 3000 series, a powerful cpu architecture released almost at the same time.
Yeah sure the enthusiasts will bich about the naming for a week, just like they did with Ryzen and epyc, but in the end they won't give a damn.

It's called marketing and you obviously don't really understand it that well. When your competitor has established a well known branding while you weren't able to compete you'll obviously not try to spent shit tons of money to create a separate well known branding but just try to use their branding too.
Every tard knows i3/5/7s so amd copied the scheme with r3/5/7. Intels motherboard chipsets are "well known" amounts enthusiasts, amd mostly just copies it. Nvidia built a well received naming scheme? Amd will copy that too, see

I understand, but the cards are shit, they're barely competing with the mid range while marketing them as one tier higher (RX 3080 competing with 2070).

Not only that but they're naming them almost exactly the same. Ryzen naming scheme is actually fine because it's very different from current Intels numbers (2700X vs 9700K).
I'm talking about RX 3080 vs RTX 3080, that's fucking retarded.

This is used for video editing and 3D rendering dipshit

>I understand, but the cards are shit
How could you possibly know that?
>AMDs entire gpu branding is burned at this point. Years of being worse made the whole 200,300,...,500 series naming scheme completly shit
The Hawaii, Fiji and Polaris cards are excellent with the exception of the Fury. Why would you think they're "completely shit"?

I own a r9 290 and have previously owned a 480. These cards are decent but objectively worse than nvidias competing cards. Especially the 200 and 300 series were utterly destroyed by nvidia, polaris was a bit better but still lacked behind.

>The Hawaii, Fiji and Polaris cards are excellent with the exception of the Fury. Why would you think they're "completely shit"?
user said the naming scheme of amds cards (in terms of branding) has become complete shit. It's burned since Hawaii, Fiji and polaris weren't excellent but mediocre at best while nvidia was up ahead.

>I understand, but the cards are shit, they're barely competing with the mid range while marketing them as one tier higher (RX 3080 competing with 2070).
First of, the cards aren't shit, you know that. But yes the rx 3080 would compete with a 2070, that's for sure. But to be honest amd did this before. The 290 was in competition to the 780/970. The average customer might just see a 3080 and think it's better, he sees the low price and just buys it.

>Not only that but they're naming them almost exactly the same. Ryzen naming scheme is actually fine because it's very different from current Intels numbers (2700X vs 9700K).
Well when I'm talk about a 2600 I could reasonably refer to i7 or a r5.

>I'm talking about RX 3080 vs RTX 3080, that's fucking retarded.
Nvidia would probably not choose the 3000 branding when amd did use it before. Because that would put them in direct competition with amd. When normie #264731 goes online and searches for a 3080 on Amazon and sees a rx 3080 for 300$ and a rtx 3080 for 800$ I'm pretty sure he won't just buy the 800$ model. He'll either just buy the cheap thing or he might do a little bit of research and realize that the 3080 is (i guess)
66% faster, so he now has to decide if he wants to spend that money. That's something nvidia doesn't want their customers to do. They don't want them to be reminded that they could get somewhat slower but much cheaper products from their competition.
Nvidia would not use the same branding as amd. The market leader doesn't want to be associated with it's much smaller competitor.